Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As noted, this week's WWE Clash of Champions go-home edition of SmackDown from Madison Square Garden saw Shane McMahon "fire" Kevin Owens to close the show.

Owens took to Twitter after the show and posted a cryptic tweet that seems to indicate that he may be headed back to the WWE NXT brand.

He wrote, "14-24-20"

Speculation is that each number corresponds to a letter in the alphabet, to spell out N-X-T. They could do a storyline where Owens was fired from SmackDown and RAW, but the ruling doesn't apply to NXT.

Owens originally made his WWE debut on the NXT brand back in December 2014. He made his last appearance for the black & yellow brand in August 2015, and has been a member of the blue or red brand ever since.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/09/kevin-owens-reveals-return-to-wwe-nxt-after-being-fired-on-659501/

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Get the fuck outta here, they ain't sending one of their top 3 most over acts to NXT. He's gonna make Shane's life a living hell until Shane agrees to face him in HIAC and when Owens beats him he gets his job back. Owens kills Shane and writes him off. Period. Boom.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Get the fuck outta here, they ain't sending one of their top 3 most over acts to NXT. He's gonna make Shane's life a living hell until Shane agrees to face him in HIAC and when Owens beats him he gets his job back. Owens kills Shane and writes him off. Period. Boom.
This is what he should do.

Which probably means that this is what won't happen

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I could see them sending him back for like a month. Or two weeks or whatever.

NXT is BADLY in need of some fresh talent in the top tier scene.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Well, NXT is now being marketed as a legit 3rd brand. They need recognizable faces on the show if they're going to avoid being seen by the new viewers as a bunch of nobodies.

I say that as a huge NXT fan. The casuals have literally no idea who anyone on the NXT roster is. We see this every time someone is called up to zero reaction. An injection of RAW and SDL main eventers into the NXT show is absolutely needed if the show is to be successful on actual TV. This is the problem that NXT faces. People want it to be successful, but if success means a spot on a TV channel, the show is no longer catering to hardcore fans with a liking for workrate matches. The product will change massively once it starts on USA ... and will almost certainly lose it's unique feel.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
I don't see why it's inconceivable that Owens will be on NXT. They are going to throw everything they can at it.

·
C Mac G
6,074 Posts
So they make Owen's look like an absolute dork before sending him packing to NXT? That would be idiotic as fuck, so I can fully see it happening.

A talent of his caliber being sent to work in front of 400 people weekly should absolutely see that as a demotion. Not like Owens is a needle mover at this point as well, wouldn't mean shit against AEW.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
I could them sending him back to NXT, just to give them ammunition against AEW. Even though I thought Vince wasn't worried about AEW.........

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
The fact that he teased it should tell you it's not happening.

KO will be back, maybe even by next week and it'll get us at least one more KO/Shane match, probably for HIAC.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Since when was Owens named Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, or The Fiend? New Day, AJ, Bryan, Becky, Lesnar? Dude's not one of their top 3 most over acts, and you'd have to make a strong argument for it to even be top 10.

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,406 Posts
It would be stupid to put a former world champion in the developmental brand.

If it's heading for Shane vs Owens in HIAC, that would be a bad idea as well. We've already seen these two have a HIAC match 2 years ago. Now, I'm not against HIAC rematches but they certainly shouldn't include Shane McMahon.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
So babyface KO has gone the way of babyface Miz. Namely turning them into Shane's bitches because freaking Shane needs to look good apparently, ugh.

·
Registered
860 Posts
It would be stupid to put a former world champion in the developmental brand.

If it's heading for Shane vs Owens in HIAC, that would be a bad idea as well. We've already seen these two have a HIAC match 2 years ago. Now, I'm not against HIAC rematches but they certainly shouldn't include Shane McMahon.
NXT is no longer just a developmental brand, deal with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What a wild ride. Winning the top title on RAW, feuding with the likes of Cena, Jericho, and Shane on the main roster, just to end up back on NXT.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,491 Posts
He's far too valuable to send him down to developmental no matter how important NXT is, It's an angle where the Babyface loses his job yet still shows up where he then challenges the culprit to a match to get his job back, It's common.

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
Wasn't Shane supposed to be written off after Summerslam, the fuck is he still doing around?

As for Owens on NXT, as long as NXT is seen as a legit third brand, meaning that they are on PPVs with Raw/Smackdown including Wrestlemania then okay, wouldn't mind seeing that.

·
Southern Pride
3,541 Posts
To be honest, I would rather see Owens back in NXT than to watch this Owens/Shane feud continue. It's repetitive, old and has gone in for far too long. How many times are they going to face each other in these stipulation and cage matches?

Plus, is NXT TV really still going to be a "developmental brand" when they will be on the same channel as RAW, 2 hours long, live and in the same prime time slot as AGT and Survivor? Nah.

Reactions: Raye

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Well, with the TV exposure now NXT doesn't sound bad. If he gets a similar payday all in all while not having to travel as much it would be great.
They really have too many guys. Cesaro is another guy who would probably go for it if they promised him a prominent role.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts