Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That. Was. Fucking. Amazing. As expected, Owens vs Rollins stole the show and should have been the main event instead of a 60 year old zombie acting in a D-level movie. Judging by all the positive comments in the WM thread, I'm obviously not the only one. Kevin Owens killed it tonight, not just with the incredible in-ring work but with his charisma. I loved the trash talk, it reminded me of Austin and the Rock and it was amazing. I also thought the big spot off the WM sign was incredible. Everything about this match was perfection. It's a fucking crime that this match wasn't for the WWE Championship and the main event. Kevin Owens is the new Daniel Bryan in that, no matter how many times WWE tries to sabotage, destroy, demote, and bury Owens, he will always rise back up because he's that fucking good. He's meant to be a huge main event star and WWE can never take that away from him. Enough of this mid-card bullshit, give him the WWE Championship, have be champion for a year, and give him the main event at Wrestlemania 37. I'd have Owens beat either Strowman or McIntyre and then have him reign for the entire year leading to WM37 where he main events. Also, not taking anything away from Rollins who is also fucking awesome but he's been champion many times and he's had his shot at the top. It's Kevin Owens time now, not Boring McIntyre or anyone else.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Honestly, this format fits him perfectly. He is great with off the cuff trash talking during a match and this show it off. I've enjoyed his feud with Seth Rollins, I feel like Seth is completely in his natural element as a heel and Owens can basically play anything he wants but babyface fits him fine. Hopefully this big spot gets remembered because the last time he did a big spot he almost killed himself getting thrown from the top of the cage through the announce table and it barely gets talked about or acknowledged. It was a waste of a huge spot.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,699 Posts
It was a good match, I give them props for capturing my attention when I was planning on skipping that match. That being said...

Lay off the KO Kool aid or whatever the Canadian equivalent is, (maple syrup?) KO is a mid card level worker with an off the card level look, some decent trash talk and willingness to bump hard doesn't make him a main event talent.

Main eventers should be larger than life, KO is the exact antithesis of larger than life, can you really imagine walking around the streets of Hollywood next year and seeing his pudgy neckbearded face on banners hanging off of light poles and on the side of buildings? It'll look like really aggressive Alcoholics Anonymous advertising.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That. Was. Fucking. Amazing. As expected, Owens vs Rollins stole the show and should have been the main event instead of a 60 year old zombie acting in a D-level movie. Judging by all the positive comments in the WM thread, I'm obviously not the only one. Kevin Owens killed it tonight, not just with the incredible in-ring work but with his charisma. I loved the trash talk, it reminded me of Austin and the Rock and it was amazing. I also thought the big spot off the WM sign was incredible. Everything about this match was perfection. It's a fucking crime that this match wasn't for the WWE Championship and the main event. Kevin Owens is the new Daniel Bryan in that, no matter how many times WWE tries to sabotage, destroy, demote, and bury Owens, he will always rise back up because he's that fucking good. He's meant to be a huge main event star and WWE can never take that away from him. Enough of this mid-card bullshit, give him the WWE Championship, have be champion for a year, and give him the main event at Wrestlemania 37. I'd have Owens beat either Strowman or McIntyre and then have him reign for the entire year leading to WM37 where he main events. Also, not taking anything away from Rollins who is also fucking awesome but he's been champion many times and he's had his shot at the top. It's Kevin Owens time now, not Boring McIntyre or anyone else.
I agree, KO is awesome have him reign as WWE champion but I would like to see Aleister Black be the one to dethrone KO.

·
Registered
21,492 Posts
What the fuck does bury and sabotage even mean these days? KO has spent a lot of time in notable feuds. I mean since coming back from his injury he had a WWE title feud, feuded with Shane and sent him off TV, then feuded with Rollins and won the Mania match. That's hardly some sign he's some phoenix rising from the burial ashes.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Lol, Kevin Owens is a talented guy, but this is a bit hyperbolic. He's got his place. I'm surprised he won the match, honestly. Thought they would try and build up Drew vs. Seth.

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
I think a lot of people just weren't expecting much from Owens/Rollins so the match(es) being better than expected caught everyone off guard. As a huge Rollins fan i thoroughly enjoyed it, it was different but AJ/Taker still wins Night 1.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
It was a good match, I give them props for capturing my attention when I was planning on skipping that match. That being said...

Lay off the KO Kool aid or whatever the Canadian equivalent is, (maple syrup?) KO is a mid card level worker with an off the card level look, some decent trash talk and willingness to bump hard doesn't make him a main event talent.

Main eventers should be larger than life, KO is the exact antithesis of larger than life, can you really imagine walking around the streets of Hollywood next year and seeing his pudgy neckbearded face on banners hanging off of light poles and on the side of buildings? It'll look like really aggressive Alcoholics Anonymous advertising.
I'm simply not shallow and don't only care about look. Boring McIntyre's only good quality is that he's tall. He looks like a generic gassed up gorilla and has no wrestling talent whatsoever. He's awful in the ring and has never had a good match in his entire career. He's got zero charisma and can't talk on the mic to save his life. Kevin Owens is a total package. He's got a unique, badass look, great in-ring skills which he's proven again and again, and awesome on the mic with a ton of charisma.

Would Drew have been able to have that awesome match last night? No, not ever. He's going to shit the bed tonight. If his match is decent tonight, it will only be because of Lesnar carrying him the entire time.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Shane Mcmahon did it better

·
Registered
548 Posts
At this point dude.. you may as well express your feelings about a Kevin Owens push to WWE creative. You've professed your love for this man enough 😄

1 - 20 of 54 Posts