Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
While the promo was very good and Owens nailed it, honestly it gets tiresome seeing the same "underdog vs authority" cliche that we see over and over and over and over and over again. We've done it so many times that the story and concept has kinda been killed at this point.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yay, we can finally get Becky Owens... Wait, that ain't it. It was Stone Cold Steve Austin, no wait. It actually was DX...

Anyway, how long is WWE planning their Anti-Authority rivalry? Forever? This crap is always back and the mindless WWE supporters keeps to mindlessly call it original. WWE sucks.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
KO's promo was fantastic. The guy should get an extended babyface run now, and make him an actual badass face (remember how to do those WWE)?

Not really interesting in ANOTHER "babyface vs. evil Authority" storyline though, enough of those already WWE, it's stale as fuck by now.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
What he did last night was pretty good. But this is WWE after all, it's most definitely gonna get screwed up. No question about that.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,039 Posts
he's the 2nd most talented performer in the entire company behind lexi and coming 2nd to literally the greatest pro wrestler who ever lived is hardly a source of shame!

but i cant help but think KO should be the guy who always challenges for the belt rather than holds it imo.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Less than half a year ago people here were saying Owens was done for good. I wonder how it is to understand so little of how things work and what goes on around you, truly fascinating.

They can revive anyone at any time, just with good booking. No one is ever done unless the company doesn't put any effort into them. They can make anyone look like a star at any point, by just booking them to their strengths and giving them good/believable material to work with. Unlike WWE start learning from your past mistakes so you don't have to be the moron going in circles repeating it 4 months later. Doubtful that will ever happen though, people and learning don't go hand in hand, more like mortal enemies

·
Registered
189 Posts
he's the 2nd most talented performer in the entire company behind lexi and coming 2nd to literally the greatest pro wrestler who ever lived is hardly a source of shame!

but i cant help but think KO should be the guy who always challenges for the belt rather than holds it imo.
Who’s Lexi?

Lex Luger? Lmao!

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
The lost art of promos, that promo was the best thing that happened in WWE in this year, of course that wasn't hard to accomplish lol, we should be getting promos each week with the minimum of this quality, but nah fucking idiots wanted Becky's Boyfriend, Kofi, Fistcochet, etc. kind of performers.

·
Registered
21,503 Posts
Less than half a year ago people here were saying Owens was done for good. I wonder how it is to understand so little of how things work and what goes on around you, truly fascinating.

They can revive anyone at any time, just with good booking. No one is ever done unless the company doesn't put any effort into them. They can make anyone look like a star at any point, by just booking them to their strengths and giving them good/believable material to work with. Unlike WWE start learning from your past mistakes so you don't have to be the moron going in circles repeating it 4 months later. Doubtful that will ever happen though, people and learning don't go hand in hand, more like mortal enemies
Owens has been unrecoverable so much lol. When he lost the feud to Cena, when he lost to Goldberg, when he lost to Braun, didn't immediately win the title on return. Wonder when he'll be buried beyond return next lol

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,701 Posts
Now here's a guy who should have had the Bryan/Reigns/Kofi storyline where the Authority tries to hold him down because he's a fat slob who would make the product look bad if he was champ.

Not that I would want to see that storyline because he's a fat slob who would make the product look bad if he was champ.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Now here's a guy who should have had the Bryan/Reigns/Kofi storyline where the Authority tries to hold him down because he's a fat slob who would make the product look bad if he was champ.

Not that I would want to see that storyline because he's a fat slob who would make the product look bad if he was champ.

Wow you're usually very good but way off on this. His look works fine but more importantly when he's allowed to go there are not many in the world as talented a performer as he is.

Last night was a near perfect night for him. Only issue I have is he needs to lose the stunner. The pop up would've looked so much cooler on Shane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,820 Posts
Wow you're usually very good but way off on this. His look works fine but more importantly when he's allowed to go there are not many in the world as talented a performer as he is.

Last night was a near perfect night for him. Only issue I have is he needs to lose the stunner. The pop up would've looked so much cooler on Shane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it possible you think the pop-up was wearing him down so they turned to a quicker and less strenuous finisher to ease the wear and tear on his body?

I do agree though, the stunner is fine for special occasions but as shown during the Austin era and now this era. The stunner is only as good as the person selling it. Which not many do convincingly

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
I've never thought much of Kevin Owens but i really liked the angle on SmackDown when he ranted against Shane McMahon on the mic, interested to see where it goes.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts