Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,949 Posts
I once asked a flat-earther exactly who benefited from lying about the shape of the planet. Why bother with that sheer amount of effort when 90% of the people waking on that rock only care about what's happening in their general 10ft sphere. The sheer amount of human and technological resources that would go into that cover up I don't think most people could begin to appreciate.. Where would any money be made in that?

And even better, how such a cover up could go on for so long, millennia according to some of them, without some greedy and/or incompetent cog in that machine stabbing someone else in the back or leaking some crap and ruining it all.

That went well. :LOL:
I too, have asked that question of a flat earther and the answer I got was that NASA wants you to think that Earth is a globe and space is real to discredit the Bible and turn people away from Jesus. I wanted to ask why NASA wanted people to be atheists or why Jesus and space are incompatible but I didn't want to risk losing anymore IQ points.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Glad our little empathy talk sunk in mox. His (Kevin) is exactly right. I don't wear a mask because I basically told the planet to fuck itself and isolated until was numbers went down. And now we have everything under control I'll be heading out more.

I'll be doing everything I can to protect myself and the community regardless of my opinion that the world is full of cunts masquerading as bastards masquerading as decent humans.

Empathy and compassion for humans isn't this massive inconvenience like people would have you believe. Exactly what Owens is saying

·
Registered
542 Posts
I too, have asked that question of a flat earther and the answer I got was that NASA wants you to think that Earth is a globe and space is real to discredit the Bible and turn people away from Jesus. I wanted to ask why NASA wanted people to be atheists or why Jesus and space are incompatible but I didn't want to risk losing anymore IQ points.
The answer to that would likely be 'NASA are Satan worshippers' and '"space" is a part of Hell' LOL

Although bringing the Bible into a conversation is whole new can of worms and contradictions.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Good one and uniquely original :rolleyes:
I wasn’t going for originality. Owens has a chance to put his money where his mouth is. Yet instead he makes a worthless video on social media and keeps right on cashing Vince’s checks. Am I supposed to admire his bravery or something?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I never understand people acting like public figures shouldn't have opinions.

Newsflash: they're human beings like the rest of us, not aliens awaiting their return to the mothership.

If you're afraid about them influencing others with their words, than the ones allowing themselves to be influenced need to learn how to think for themselves. That's not anyone else's problem.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
This virus is real but it's completely overblown. The statistics do not justify the insane overreaction governments around the world have resorted to. But then again, it's all about wealth confiscation and increasing the power and the scope of the state.

·
Hiding in the shadows
1,012 Posts
This virus is real but it's completely overblown. The statistics do not justify the insane overreaction governments around the world have resorted to. But then again, it's all about wealth confiscation and increasing the power and the scope of the state.
It has not been overblown. I have read and searched through all kinds of data and statistics and if anything can be said, it's that the numbers are much higher than currently available. Do you believe India's numbers? A country with over 1.3 billion people and just 17,000 deaths? How about Brazil? They have been decimated beyond all comprehension in only about 5 weeks with 1.4 million cases and 60,000 deaths. Search for the videos of tractors digging hundreds and hundreds of mass graves. Look how quickly it spread throughout Italy. It went from zero to infinity in just a week. Of course we can't forget where this virus originated, China. More specifically it's epicenter, Wuhan Province, with a population of 12 million. Once the government couldn't control it any longer, Wuhan went into lock-down. Days later, a large part of the country was put into lock-down, bringing that total to about 49 million. It was too little, too late by that point. Travel restrictions, citizen lock-down, closed business', etc. What they failed to do, was keeping the population of China, in China, during the start of the Lunar New Year. That's why it had spread so fast around the world. Those unsuspecting countries had people who were sick and dying, but Doctor's and Scientists had no idea what they were potentially dealing with

Since the first CV-19 case was reported in China this past March, they have had 84,000 cases and 4,700 deaths, in a country of 1.4 billion people. The death toll number has not changed since late April, early May. There is zero credibility to any propaganda that China puts out disguised as information.

·
Registered
306 Posts
This guy I used to work with texted me one day when he saw me out walking my dog. I was wearing a mask. He texted "Why do you have your mask on if you're by yourself?" I didn't care. He doesn't get it and probably never will.

If someone is shaming or belittling someone for wearing a mask, then they're an idiot. It doesn't harm anyone. It actually does the exact opposite.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to just ignore others. Who gives a shit?
I have to admit it, I don't get it but I won't belittle you for it. Cause it's none of my business.

I wear a mask when I go to the supermarket or shop, public places, etc...but not when I'm alone like jugging and so forth and walking in a street. It's just a matter of exercising good judgment and doing social distancing.

·
Angry at refs
3,122 Posts
I'll never understand America. People are literally dying in the 6 figures, with an addition in infections in the 5 figures per day, and people still believe it's a hoax. I always knew that Americans weren't all there but jesus fucking christ, guys. Get a grip.

I don't mean every single American, obviously, so don't bother to strawman that.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
I'll never understand America. People are literally dying in the 6 figures, with an addition in infections in the 5 figures per day, and people still believe it's a hoax. I always knew that Americans weren't all there but jesus fucking christ, guys. Get a grip.

I don't mean every single American, obviously, so don't bother to strawman that.
American here.

American culture is very selfish. It's all about how you, the individual, can succeed regardless of how anyone else is doing. So if someone feels a mask inconveniences them, they'll warp whatever fact or truth exists to fit the narrative they have in their mind to avoid one.

I remember when I first had to start wearing a mask, I hated how hot it felt within it. It felt like I had trouble breathing. But I got over it and now I'm used to it. Still annoying, but I still wear it; for about eight hours of my day when I'm at work(essential worker).

You can give someone all the proof in the world that they should be doing something, but if all they care about is their own comfort and convenience, they'll ignore or disregard it.

Honestly, I think things got a little too easy in the world we live in. People got sloppy and lazy. Everything is about how we can make something more comfortable and convenient for everyone while we ignore how doing that means we are challenged less than before, and anything that isn't constantly challenged grows weak; including our mindsets.

When your mindset is allowed to coast along with ease, you make dumb decisions that get you or someone else hurt. Thats what I'm seeing in the world today.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
You quoted "celeb" using their "fame" to highlight he's abusing that. He's not. You can make a Twitter video, too. He's allowed to use the same tools you are. If more people follow him than others, that's on those people.

Ryker spoke his opinion. KO spoke his. While I think Ryker's tweet had a worse impact on the locker room because it showed support for an evil person, both Ryker and KO are allowed to voice their opinion. First amendment. If you don't want KO to be allowed to ask people to wear masks, you shouldn't want Ryker to post good vibes towards the POTUS

You are indirectly saying Ryker is allowed to voice his opinion but KO isn't. KO didn't "belittle" anyone in his video. He was very pleasant and said not to belittle people.
See yet again you are completely missing the point. On top of that you are letting your emotions into the conversation. Because you hate the POTUS (as it clearly shows). I'm not indirectly doing anything. Ryker was voicing a random opinion about POTUS and country. That exact quote he said could have been said at any time. Owen's chose to analyze and dissect what Ryker said and turn it into a hateful stance. That's on Owen's. As of right now, Owen's is getting on a soapbox and specifically talking about one situation and one topic only. The hypocrisy in what he said is key here. He's calling out people for not feeling or doing exactly what he does or feels. He's saying they are awful people for doing so. Yet he did the same to a coworker himself. That's the point, that's my only point. The mask, no mask, whatever is irrelevant in this conversation. He's scolding people for their opinions on a topic that he doesn't fully understand. He's not an expert, he's not a doctor(and neither are they). If Owen's just came out and said, hey guys Owen's from WWE here... (the part about his relative) ... and remember everyone, keep social distancing, wash your hands, wear masks, check on elderly relatives, and to all the fans stay safe. Thank you for watching WWE. ..... But no, he didn't.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts

Who are these people that think Covid-19 is a hoax? List them. Don't get confused with people thinking they are bulletproof and won't get the virus as people that think it's a hoax. The people that don't want to wear masks or want to go back to work, or whatever think they are bulletproof. They know the virus is real, they just think they won't get it and don't want to be inconvenienced by the restrictions. That's like saying people who don't get the yearly Flu Shot(I know several) think the Flu is a hoax. No, they know it's real. They have done polls, that when the Covid vaccine comes out, would you get it? 50% of American's said they would. So what? 50% think Covid is a hoax? Absolutely not.

Several WWE laughed and joked about it on social media, only to scrub and bleach their comments out of existence when the Covid started hitting hard in the US. WWE talent still to this day are thumbing their noses at it, and then complain on social media that the testing is an uncomfortable procedure. While other WWE talent lock themselves up in their homes and take it seriously.

·
Premium Member
17,083 Posts
See yet again you are completely missing the point. On top of that you are letting your emotions into the conversation. Because you hate the POTUS (as it clearly shows). I'm not indirectly doing anything. Ryker was voicing a random opinion about POTUS and country. That exact quote he said could have been said at any time. Owen's chose to analyze and dissect what Ryker said and turn it into a hateful stance.
And? If Ryker is allowed to voice his opinion so is Owens. That is the point. How Owens responds is not the point, because he's allowed to respond how he wants. The next part of the conversation is how you perceive the response. Two separate things. Zappers, you're allowed to not like Owen's response. I think you'd be wrong like I thought Ryker's support was wrong. But, we're both allowed to not like it. I disagree Owen's took a hateful stance. I believe Ryker has a hateful stance if he supports the POTUS. Still, neither of our beliefs should limit Owens voicing his opinion.

Zappers said:
That's on Owen's. As of right now, Owen's is getting on a soapbox and specifically talking about one situation and one topic only. The hypocrisy in what he said is key here. He's calling out people for not feeling or doing exactly what he does or feels. He's saying they are awful people for doing so.
No. He's not. We can stop right now if you're going to stick to this. He uploaded a video and did not do anything you said. If you're referring to another video, post it. He's telling the people who refuse to wear masks to stop insulting others for wearing masks. That's all. He never insulted either side. He was incredibly civil. Again, if you think he was being awful, then you're not watching the video.

Zappers said:
Yet he did the same to a coworker himself. That's the point, that's my only point. The mask, no mask, whatever is irrelevant in this conversation. He's scolding people for their opinions on a topic that he doesn't fully understand. He's not an expert, he's not a doctor(and neither are they). If Owen's just came out and said, hey guys Owen's from WWE here... (the part about his relative) ... and remember everyone, keep social distancing, wash your hands, wear masks, check on elderly relatives, and to all the fans stay safe. Thank you for watching WWE. ..... But no, he didn't.
Ok, we moved on from Owens being allowed to voice his opinion. This is good, this is progress. The mask is important because there are two different posts. One about masks, health & safety, and the other is about the support of POTUS. First, both are allowed to use their twitter account to post their opinion. This idea of how they're supposed to do so is your opinion and not a law they have to follow. Second, I don't think Owens needed to insult Ryker with his tweet. You are correct.

I'm not missing your point. You should let emotions into the conversation. It's important.

Reactions: PrinceofPush

·
Angry at refs
3,122 Posts
Who are these people that think Covid-19 is a hoax? List them. Don't get confused with people thinking they are bulletproof and won't get the virus as people that think it's a hoax. The people that don't want to wear masks or want to go back to work, or whatever think they are bulletproof. They know the virus is real, they just think they won't get it and don't want to be inconvenienced by the restrictions. That's like saying people who don't get the yearly Flu Shot(I know several) think the Flu is a hoax. No, they know it's real. They have done polls, that when the Covid vaccine comes out, would you get it? 50% of American's said they would. So what? 50% think Covid is a hoax? Absolutely not.

Several WWE laughed and joked about it on social media, only to scrub and bleach their comments out of existence when the Covid started hitting hard in the US. WWE talent still to this day are thumbing their noses at it, and then complain on social media that the testing is an uncomfortable procedure. While other WWE talent lock themselves up in their homes and take it seriously.
Yes, let me list every single person who has claimed it is a hoax. What an outlandish request to give.
For the record, I've seen at least 4 on here calling it a hoax. Trump himself called it a hoax publicly several times. Governers in America are calling it a hoax. I've seen multiple people on Facebook call it a hoax. It's being said everywhere.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Yes, let me list every single person who has claimed it is a hoax. What an outlandish request to give.
For the record, I've seen at least 4 on here calling it a hoax. Trump himself called it a hoax publicly several times. Governers in America are calling it a hoax. I've seen multiple people on Facebook call it a hoax. It's being said everywhere.
First off I didn't come on this thread and claim people think the virus doesn't exist. You did. You have to back that statement up now.

Prove to everyone right now exactly when and where the POTUS called the Covid-19 a Hoax. Where he said it's a fake virus and doesn't exist. We'll wait....... forever, because you can't. He never did. As far as these Governors. You have to list them first. List them all. I want to see which ones have said the virus doesn't exist. Go ahead, We'll wait. Inform us. Which ones?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
First off I didn't come on this thread and claim people think the virus doesn't exist. You did. You have to back that statement up now.

Prove to everyone right now exactly when and where the POTUS called the Covid-19 a Hoax. Where he said it's a fake virus and doesn't exist. We'll wait....... forever, because you can't. He never did. As far as these Governors. You have to list them first. List them all. I want to see which ones have said the virus doesn't exist. Go ahead, We'll wait. Inform us. Which ones?
Saying there aren't lots of people calling it a hoax is almost as blind as calling the virus a hoax. There's people on this forum and in comments sections of social media constantly calling it a hoax. That's there for us all to see every day.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Saying there aren't lots of people calling it a hoax is almost as blind as calling the virus a hoax. There's people on this forum and in comments sections of social media constantly calling it a hoax. That's there for us all to see every day.
Please direct me to these specific posts on the forum. People that are saying the virus is not real and is made up. I want to see and read them. Thanks.

·
Angry at refs
3,122 Posts

So you're outright denying the obvious in front of you? Not surprised.

Trump: During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

As for governers/others, I'll edit this post later when I get more than 5m to myself.

·
The Man
15,340 Posts
My friend lost her dad to covid. It’s some scary shit. Look I get that wearing mask 8 -12 hours of work is a pain in the ass, but it’s better to be safe then to be sorry.
Yes but they're being asked to do some minor inconvenience they don't want to do and this country is full of major selfish ass-shits, so you can understand where they are coming from. Stores asking customers to wear half-assed cloth masks for a half hour so they don't let the dunderheads possibly get other people sick basically makes the trogoldytes look like the Found Fathers in their eyes. They're fighting against tyranny, you just can't see it.

Look through this thread and you will see several by Moxasylum
Can't blame people for ignoring him, he's a joke.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts