Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,082 Posts
Well actually not sure what you're going on about 1st amendment and right to voice an opinion. I said absolutely zero about people saying speaking their mind. Just don't distort the facts. Just because Ownen's claims something, doesn't make it so. People aren't admonishing, belittling, and talking down to people who wear masks. The few crazy nuts yelling on social media ... yeah nobody is even paying attention to them. Their voice are not heard. They have zero outreach and zero "pull". Owen's is a type of guy that wants to tell you how to run your life. Clear and simple. He's using his "fame" to belittle you if you don't follow his rules. His calling out a fellow coworker to try and shame him for doing nothing more than talking about himself was terrible and uncalled for. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it made the locker room.
You quoted "celeb" using their "fame" to highlight he's abusing that. He's not. You can make a Twitter video, too. He's allowed to use the same tools you are. If more people follow him than others, that's on those people.

Ryker spoke his opinion. KO spoke his. While I think Ryker's tweet had a worse impact on the locker room because it showed support for an evil person, both Ryker and KO are allowed to voice their opinion. First amendment. If you don't want KO to be allowed to ask people to wear masks, you shouldn't want Ryker to post good vibes towards the POTUS

You are indirectly saying Ryker is allowed to voice his opinion but KO isn't. KO didn't "belittle" anyone in his video. He was very pleasant and said not to belittle people.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I won't belittle someone for wearing a mask but Owens for trying to belittle a US military veteran and "cancel" him for supporting the president was uncalled for. No sympathy for this obese, virtue signaling, clout chasing douche bag.

not shocked that Owens blocked OP. Owens seems the type who would be blocking people like crazy if there is a slight amount of criticism or disagreement.

·
Hiding in the shadows
1,012 Posts
I won't belittle someone for wearing a mask but Owens for trying to belittle a US military veteran and "cancel" him for supporting the president was uncalled for. No sympathy for this obese, virtue signaling, clout chasing douche bag.

not shocked that Owens blocked OP. Owens seems the type who would be blocking people like crazy if there is a slight amount of criticism or disagreement.
I guess you don't know Kevin very well do you? He'd kick the ass of anyone, anywhere, if needed. He's a tough bastard. Tabernacle. Be very weary of some of the citizens of Quebec. Look up some distant history, along with some recent history.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

I don't get this notion that just because you were in the military then you're automatically a saint who can never be criticised.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I guess you don't know Kevin very well do you? He'd kick the ass of anyone, anywhere, if needed. He's a tough bastard. Tabernacle. Be very weary of some of the citizens of Quebec. Look up some distant history, along with some recent history.
never said anything about people of Quebec not being tough. I see Owens as a very entitled, outspoken person but no I don't believe he would "kick the ass of anyone". He uses his mob of fans online to try and publicly shame people instead. I also don't think trying to act tough works for his character though I'm sure fans of his would disagree. He's just better as a cowardly, sneaky heel.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,949 Posts
For the morons who think Covid is a hoax, I'm just curious who organized this massive conspiracy involving 200 countries, hundreds of media personalities and journalists, thousands of doctors and nurses, 500,000 fake dead people, and the millions of family members and friends who mourned those fake dead people? Also, whenever people propose these massive global conspiracies I always ask "to what end"?

Even if you could convince me that the US did this hoax so they could institute martial law and take all your rights away, why would an authoritarian regime like China take part-- they already control most aspects of their citizens lives-- why would Iran, or Saudi Arabia? Why would warring countries with disparate agendas all get together and agree to hoax the entire world so the US could put it's citizens under martial law?

Conspiracy theorists think they're smarter than everybody else even though they fail to ask basic questions such as "why" and "how".

·
Registered
160 Posts
USA is the only country where mask wearing has turned into a POLITICAL issue, every other country including Europe especially Italy which was once the epicenter of Covid just two months ago (remember that?) have all adopted mask wearing (and social distancing) without any issues and are all trending downward in cases.

It's also kind of funny that about 80%-90% of anti-maskers also happen to be Trump supporters. The association is so uncanny. But Covid doesn't care about Trump, it doesn't care about politics. Yet if Trump somehow says it's okay to wear a mask, his supporters would gladly buy a dozen and make MAGA masks :p

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
This guy I used to work with texted me one day when he saw me out walking my dog. I was wearing a mask. He texted "Why do you have your mask on if you're by yourself?" I didn't care. He doesn't get it and probably never will.

If someone is shaming or belittling someone for wearing a mask, then they're an idiot. It doesn't harm anyone. It actually does the exact opposite.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to just ignore others. Who gives a shit?

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
People should not be belittled for wearing a mask. But I also think people should not be belittled for not wearing one. It should be a personal choice and nobody should be looked down at for making either one.

·
Registered
14,179 Posts
Conspiracy theorists think they're smarter than everybody else even though they fail to ask basic questions such as "why" and "how".
I once asked a flat-earther exactly who benefited from lying about the shape of the planet. Why bother with that sheer amount of effort when 90% of the people waking on that rock only care about what's happening in their general 10ft sphere. The sheer amount of human and technological resources that would go into that cover up I don't think most people could begin to appreciate.. Where would any money be made in that?

And even better, how such a cover up could go on for so long, millennia according to some of them, without some greedy and/or incompetent cog in that machine stabbing someone else in the back or leaking some crap and ruining it all.

That went well. :LOL:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I once asked a flat-earther exactly who benefited from lying about the shape of the planet. Why bother with that sheer amount of effort when 90% of the people waking on that rock only care about what's happening in their general 10ft sphere. The sheer amount of human and technological resources that would go into that cover up I don't think most people could begin to appreciate.. Where would any money be made in that?

And even better, how such a cover up could go on for so long, millennia according to some of them, without some greedy and/or incompetent cog in that machine stabbing someone else in the back or leaking some crap and ruining it all.

That went well. :LOL:
And, did you get an answer?

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
This guy I used to work with texted me one day when he saw me out walking my dog. I was wearing a mask. He texted "Why do you have your mask on if you're by yourself?" I didn't care. He doesn't get it and probably never will.

If someone is shaming or belittling someone for wearing a mask, then they're an idiot. It doesn't harm anyone. It actually does the exact opposite.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to just ignore others. Who gives a shit?
him simply asking "why are you wearing your mask while walking your dog?" isn't shaming or belittling. :ROFLMAO:

21 - 40 of 101 Posts