Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think Kevin Nash was a real star in the WWE, he was a good speaker, good looking, and was the type that had all eyes on him, he instantly drew attention. He was one of their top stars in my opinion... Here a video that shows the real man, who he is outside the ring.

What are your thoughts on Kevin Nash, serious thoughts only!!!

·
Premium Member
15,047 Posts
Didn't WWE almost go bankrupt when Nash was champion?
I doubt his 1 year reign as champion would have caused WWE to go bankrupt. Many factors would come into play there. Nash wasn't responsible for the crappy characters WWE were coming up with at that time. Actually, they didn't have a turnaround until they began pushing an edgier product. So that is in no way Nash's fault.

·
Banned
914 Posts
He had a huge hand in WWE's eventual signing of Stone Cold because they were close friends back on WCW in the early 90's, I'll give him that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nash's best days was part of the NWO, other than that, he added nothing to the business and took alot from it by having a strong hand in WCW's failure.
I will agree that was the best years Nash has had. I think the NWO was the best (group) ever in professional wrestling.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,633 Posts
Besides being in the NWO for years, I felt that his last heel run in the WWF era was better. He had more personality and ect.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I never liked Kevin Nash. Actually, that isn't true; as a kid I liked his performance in the 1994 Royal Rumble. Nothing else, though. His WWF title reign (1994-1995) was woeful. You have to question the logic of whichever moron tried to book a 7ft tall Goliath as a babyface. Nobody bought into it. He came across as a bully and should have been a heel. Take a look at HBK vs Diesel at WM11, for example; going into that match Shawn was the hottest heel they had but, by the end of the match, they had to turn HBK into a face because of the fan reaction. Diesel was such a terrible champion and unconvincing face that the fans actually sided with the biggest heel in the company instead of him! Holy shit, Bat Man, Diesel sucks!! And so ... the only way to get the fans to cheer for Diesel is to make sure his opponents are even worse than he is. Hence Mabel's title shot at Summerslam 1995. I mean, wtf, Mabel? Seriously!? That was a joke.

The guy knew 7 wrestling moves. Find the Jim Cornette clip about training Glen Jacobs to play the fake Diesel. He watched hours of Nash's matches and counted a grand total of 7 moves (including dragging his hand through his hair). Sure, he had two or three decent matches but they were with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels (who were having incredible matches with everybody at the time). Everything else he did in the WWF was awful! If he'd been booked as a heel, I think that his run might have sucked marginally less (at least his character and gimmick would have made a bit of sense).

I recognise the fact that he did a lot in WCW and helped to make them a load of money but this doesn't make me like or respect Kevin Nash in any way, shape or form. The nWo might have been amusing for the first few months (at least Nash was being used as a heel) but they dragged the angle out for way too long and it ended up being boring, repetative and ridiculous. I think at one point 50% of the world's population were members of the nWo.

Kevin Nash also doesn't know when to quit. When he came back last summer, he totally sucked all the heat out of the championship storyline. He's living in the past. He's broken down, out of shape and irrelevant. Punk's sister said it best last summer. "Kevin Nash? WTF? I thought he was dead! LOL"

·
Registered
557 Posts
^ That was Punks sister.

Anyway, I respect Nash. Big Sexy was one of the first wrestlers ive see in my life back in the days.
Old WCW FTW

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,633 Posts
It was better by far, by then he knew who he was and enjoyed it...
I would have to agree with you on this topic, by that time we all finally recognize on what the man really was. But I still have a lot of respect for him. He is like my second favorite giant wrestlers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No matter how you cut the cake Nash made a impact. A lot of guys come and go, splash for awhile but don't have staying power, Nash does, he's unique and different.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
I think Kevin Nash was a real star in the WWE, he was a good speaker, good looking, and was the type that had all eyes on him, he instantly drew attention. He was one of their top stars in my opinion

What are your thoughts on Kevin Nash, serious thoughts only!!!
then can you explain why he is the worst drawing world champion in history

he was a real star in WCW/NWO and not before

you wanna know the real nash? "How much does it (hof induction) pay? Wrestlings fake" yeah, the greedy f**k should commit suicide to show that he cares beyond himself

before responding think this: Is chuck norris really a god? Nuff said

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
One of the biggest fucking pieces of politicking pieces of shit to ever disgrace the pro wrestling business with his rotten fucking presence.

·
Administrator
59,121 Posts
1995 was just a horrible year for wrestling in general. So Nash really shouldn't be knocked for that. Also, there's no need to say someone should commit suicide. You can make your point without going that route.

Anyway, Nash helped change the business. Haters mad. That's how the game works.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I didn't watch wrestling during his Diesel years (stopped in early '93 and got back into it in early '97) so my first impressions of Nash was that he was a badass, ruthless pussy magnet when I got round to watching WCW. 'The Outsiders' were one of my favourite teams almost instantly. WCW had so many great wrestlers that it never bothered me that he wasn't a great wrestler because I always enjoyed his charismatic presence and at that time, the crowd would be really hot for his matches more than making up for the fact that they weren't exactly five-star classics.

Having watched many of his interviews and read stories about he handled himself backstage in the '90s, he does strike me as quite disingenuous and someone who only his close friends could really trust. I think the wrestling industry is a little bit more boring without Nash though. Your average WWE/TNA wrestler seems kind of powerless nowadays, so I kind of admire the fact that he was so successful acquiring money and power in his heyday.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts