Wrestling Forum banner

KEVIN NASH TAKES PARTING SHOT AT TNA

4940 Views 45 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  Hamada
Kevin Nash was interviewed by Joey Styles on the WWE website at this link. When asked about his return, Nash commented, " I wish I had a thesaurus, so I could explain it. It’s nice to be in a building with people [laughs]. When you get in this business, you strive to get to WWE, and when it’s time to hang up your boots, you definitely want to end up a Yankee. So, if this was my last one, I couldn’t be happier.

pwinsider

I understand the Nash's feeling coming back to wwe, at least it's coherent with is drunk tweets. But it sounds too bitter spiting on plate he fed for too long.
Reactions: ViolenceIsGolden
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· #TEAMFIT
8,483 Posts
I understand the Nash's feeling coming back to wwe, at least it's coherent with is drunk tweets. But it sounds too bitter spiting on plate he fed for too long.
Bitter? The man is speaking the truth. TNA has all these great stars like Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle yet they can't even get more than 3,500 people to attend their "biggest show of the year" Bound For Glory? I don't blame Nash for thinking this I'm sure being infront of 20,000 people was something he's missed for awhile now. I would too if my previous job was wrestling at a theme park.

· Registered
2,260 Posts
RealKevinNash Kevin Nash
Absolutely the best night of my wrestling career. It's so nice to be back in WWE family. Thanks Boston for making me feel so special

LOL. best night of his career. ok.

· Registered
3,192 Posts
The irony is, that old farts like Kevin Nash kept TNA down and destroyed its potential for many years. They sucked the money out of the promotion, stole it from the guys who built the GOOD part of TNA. Now, the same old men piss on the promotion they sacked and kept small. That's what you get for your self-hating, WWE-brand-masturbating booking, TNA.

This comment is not mean as a rant against Nash, btw. He did the right thing by signing with WWE. And by now TNA deserves every bit of hate it gets. Even if it's from the guy, who take full responsibility for the shithole that is TNA.

· TNA Believer
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bitter? The man is speaking the truth. TNA has all these great stars like Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle yet they can't even get more than 3,500 people to attend their "biggest show of the year" Bound For Glory? I don't blame Nash for thinking this I'm sure being infront of 20,000 people was something he's missed for awhile now. I would too if my previous job was wrestling at a theme park.
yes bitter. Like i said, i understand the feeling, but unnecessary. he may have all the reason in he world but why involve TNA? it's bitter. He should have stick with his tweets about is past time in wwf and how great his career was. But like someone here said, that's the man he is.

· Registered
873 Posts
I can't blame him for moving.
TNA isn't getting any bigger really.. i mean they perform in front of 400 fans each week, despite the stars in which they have.

Wheres the ambition.. really!
Nash wants to end his career on a high note, and get in the hall of fame, so his move was a good one.

· Registered
3,147 Posts
To anybody bitching about TNA's audience size, the wrestling business is in the toilet. It just isn't popular. If you are seen wearing a modern day wrestling shirt in public you'll get laughed at. If TNA tried touring big arenas for Impact every week, they'd lose a shit load of money because there just aren't as many wrestling fans any more. WWE are still able to pull a decent audience ratings wise because the public goes with long time familiar television brands like CSI, Law & Order, The Simpsons, WWE, etc. despite how terribly stale they get. Despite that WWE's Raw ratings are consistently the worst they have been since 1997 right now. RAW is getting half the ratings it was in 2000, and TNA are getting half the ratings Nitro was in 2000. Keep in mind TNA don't get use the WCW/Nitro name for nostalgia value like WWE get to with RAW. WWE can put on the biggest piece of shit show possible but people will give the the benefit of the doubt because they've been around forever.

· Hiding in the shadows
2,914 Posts
As I've said before, Nash is a piece of shit. I'd even say it to his face and newly dyed hair.

He's been nothing but self serving his entire career and when the WWE didn't want him anymore, TNA threw money at him, where he spent the past 3-5 years on and off. From that point on, he did nothing to make anyone else a star, put over no one and even while working for them, bashed the company whenever he could.

And don't tell me he can do that because that's "just how he is". A guy who made millions off a five-move wrestling career and a decent talker on the mic, should be kissing all the asses that gave him that "freedom".

Please, for the love of God Dixie and all the executives of TNA, NEVER sign this guy to anything, let alone a wrestling contract...which is a joke all in of itself.

Good riddance.

· Registered
3,147 Posts
I just read an article that while Booker T personally called Dixie to turn down her contract offer, Nash had made a verbal agreement to return this week and sign his contract and Dixie found out he had backed out by reading online he was going to be at the Royal Rumble. I don't know how true the report is, if true though pretty low of Nash and pretty stupid of Dixie to not get him to sign before this week. I'm taking it with a grain of salt though.

· #TEAMFIT
8,483 Posts
To anybody bitching about TNA's audience size, the wrestling business is in the toilet. It just isn't popular. If you are seen wearing a modern day wrestling shirt in public you'll get laughed at. If TNA tried touring big arenas for Impact every week, they'd lose a shit load of money because there just aren't as many wrestling fans any more. WWE are still able to pull a decent audience ratings wise because the public goes with long time familiar television brands like CSI, Law & Order, The Simpsons, WWE, etc. despite how terribly stale they get. Despite that WWE's Raw ratings are consistently the worst they have been since 1997 right now. RAW is getting half the ratings it was in 2000, and TNA are getting half the ratings Nitro was in 2000. Keep in mind TNA don't get use the WCW/Nitro name for nostalgia value like WWE get to with RAW. WWE can put on the biggest piece of shit show possible but people will give the the benefit of the doubt because they've been around forever.
The wrestling business being in the shitter has NOTHING to do with it. The WWE today still has MILLIONS of people watching, THOUSANDS who still attend their shows, etc. so I fail to see how the lack interest is the problem. I mean why aren't those millions watching? Why aren't those thousands attending?

The problem is TNA has too big an ego and think they're big enough to create new wrestling fans out of thin air(Robbie E, The MMA stuff) instead of thinking about ways they could make the current WWE fans jump ship. I mean Jeff Hardy was their ticket to fans switching over but they've completely dropped the ball with him so there went their biggest opportunity.

I mean TNA's lack of attendance can be attributed to many things but honestly at this point theres no other reason I see than the company just flat out sucking. Nobody attends their shows because people either don't care or they think it sucks

· Registered
3,147 Posts
The wrestling business being in the shitter has NOTHING to do with it. The WWE today still has MILLIONS of people watching, THOUSANDS who still attend their shows, etc. so I fail to see how the lack interest is the problem. I mean why aren't those millions watching? Why aren't those thousands attending?

The problem is TNA has too big an ego and think they're big enough to create new wrestling fans out of thin air(Robbie E, The MMA stuff) instead of thinking about ways they could make the current WWE fans jump ship. I mean Jeff Hardy was their ticket to fans switching over but they've completely dropped the ball with him so there went their biggest opportunity.

I mean TNA's lack of attendance can be attributed to many things but honestly at this point theres no other reason I see than the company just flat out sucking. Nobody attends their shows because people either don't care or they think it sucks
WWE flat out sucks and get a decent crowd/rating because of their name value. If you honestly think WWE are on fire right now you are delusional, they are total garbage. Also in comparison to their old numbers, they are not doing as well as they could if they actually put some effort into their show. Look at my comparison to wrestling exactly 10 years ago. Both WWE/WWF and TNA/WCW are getting about half the audience they did 10 years ago, and TNA don't even have the WCW brand name value/legacy to fall back on like WWE do with the WWE/WrestleMania brand/legacy.

TNA have had plenty of periods of solid shows and the ratings have still only topped out at about 1.4. TNA just do not have the marketing machine/longevity that WWE have.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.