1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Nash is a tool.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Kevin Nash = most overrated superstar ever.

·
Premium Member
15,013 Posts
Well, doesn't heart problems run in his family? And the reason Nash/Punk never happened was because of Nash being on heart medication? Seems legit to me.

Oh, I forgot, this is Kevin Nash we're talking about. And in his case, we're not supposed to believe anything he says, despite nobody else saying anything to contradict it. I got it.

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
He claimed chest pains, but tbf he did have checks on his heart at the doctor so, I think it was legit, but his reputation precedes him.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Eric Bischoff says this about it in his book:

"This was our first experience with a personal issue of Kevin's that had plagued him from time to time. His dad died of a heart attack when he was very young. At the time of Starrcade, Kevin was getting to the age where his father had passed away, and I think in his own mind, he was afraid he might follow in his footsteps. So from time to time, when he had a little heartburn or a funny feeling in his chest, he would overreact. That Saturday when I arrived in Washington for the PPV, I got a call that Kevin was in a hospital in Phoenix and undergoing tests for a heart attack. Because of some of the stunts that Kevin and Scott had played in the past, my first reaction was that it was Kevin's way of not having to show up for work. But I picked up the phone and eventually found out that Kevin truly was in the hospital undergoing tests. As angry and disappointed as I was, it was a legitimate scare."

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Learn something new every day. Never knew of Nash's no-show.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
It was probably a legit thing Nash was worried about at that moment in time but there's a strong possibility he used to get out of this match. I wouldn't take Bischoff's description like gospel considering Nash was Bischoff's boy and Bischoff let a lot of shit slip through back then.

It was a legit heart problem. They told him he had to job to Giant and his heart almost gave out.
:lol

·
Registered
880 Posts
It was probably a legit thing Nash was worried about at that moment in time but there's a strong possibility he used to get out of this match. I wouldn't take Bischoff's description like gospel considering Nash was Bischoff's boy and Bischoff let a lot of shit slip through back then.

:lol
This. According to everything I've read, Nash had been saying for weeks leading up to Starrcade that he wasn't going to job to The Giant. So I find it way too convenient that he happened to have a heart attack scare the night before the show. And then, lo and behold, Nash ended up going over Giant at the next PPV.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Nash should have been better than he was. Talk about EGO getting the better of you.

Seems legit though.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Starrcade 97 is supposed to be WCW's greatest event. But:

- they had 2 matches on the advertised card change during the show
- Sting wasnt even introduced by Micheal Buffer for the main event.
-Bobby Hennan (WCW's core commentary group for 1997) wasnt even on commentary.

I watched it last night and noticed all this stuff

imagine if WWE switched up the card for wrestlemania during the show or if justin roberts didnt introduce John Cena at WM 29

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
What problem would Kevin Nash have with jobbing to Giant? Not saying I don't believe you guys here but Giant was pretty over in late 97 and Giant is bigger then Nash.

And we all know how pro big man Kevin Nash is. Seems like Nash would of been down for it.

·
Banned
605 Posts
What problem would Kevin Nash have with jobbing to Giant? Not saying I don't believe you guys here but Giant was pretty over in late 97 and Giant is bigger then Nash.

And we all know how pro big man Kevin Nash is. Seems like Nash would of been down for it.
Why did a lot of the top WCW guys hold a lot of the guys down? Insecurity and they didn't want to lose the top spot. Giant had main event talent back then... Charismatic, GREAT in the ring (seriously, look up some of his matches from WCW), and was over. He also fit WCW's prototype bill for more old school characters. He wasn't part of the backstage gang though. That's all that was needed for Nash.

Anyone actually believing Nash is an idiot. And even if he did have a heart attack scare, why the hell wasn't Giant put over on the NEXT PPV? That should answer the question.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hall came out to tell the fans nsah no showed and said

"if anyone you want to meet nash, he's down there"

and a fan yells "down where!"

hall says "you know where" but the correct response is "down here" and to do a crotch chop ....i lol'd at that

but still it was kind of bogus

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Well, doesn't heart problems run in his family? And the reason Nash/Punk never happened was because of Nash being on heart medication? Seems legit to me.

Oh, I forgot, this is Kevin Nash we're talking about. And in his case, we're not supposed to believe anything he says, despite nobody else saying anything to contradict it. I got it.
Yup. Nash was in his thirties and for alot of people with heart disease thats when heart attacks can happen. If it happened to anyone here they would call into work aswell.

He didnt want to Job to the giant? Didnt he lose to him a couple times? Big show pinned Nash a couple times I remember.

The IWC of Nash is retarted. Nash is the smartest business man in wrestling history, with only Hogan challanging that role.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Starrcade 97 is supposed to be WCW's greatest event. But:

- they had 2 matches on the advertised card change during the show
- Sting wasnt even introduced by Micheal Buffer for the main event.
-Bobby Hennan (WCW's core commentary group for 1997) wasnt even on commentary.

I watched it last night and noticed all this stuff

imagine if WWE switched up the card for wrestlemania during the show or if justin roberts didnt introduce John Cena at WM 29

Given the entrance and the darkness they were going for no Buffer actually worked in that situation imo.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts