Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today or tonight since it's 7:47 PM I was flipping through the channels. When I notice that 5 channels in a row have the same thing on. I thought that was kinda weird so I decided to investigate. I then flipped as quick as I could through all the channels and found that 8 channels in all had the exact same thing on. So I took my research to the next level and decided to watch it for a minute or two.

It turned out to be John Kerry's convention closing speach. Now I find this weird I'm Canadian and 14 so why is his speach basiclly being forced on me? When it's time for people to run for Priminister here in Canada we don't have speach's we don't even have conventions. Your lucky if you know who's running.

This brings up several simillar events that come to my mind. It seems that when ever a President has a speach or somthing that they need to get off they're chest the whole world stops. When the Priminister talks your lucky if you find out what he's talking about .

I guess what I'm trying to get at is why is it that every channel in Canada [it seems] carry his speach when we don't even get a say? It just seems like before we should be listening to a President that isn't even a President yet we should being listening to our own.

Next Canadian elections I'm gonna try and organize a convention for PM Martin and whoever's running against him. That would give Canada an excuss to drop hundred's of balloon's of rich people.

So in my closing statements I guess I just wanted to express my feelings on the elections. Since I don't get a say in it anyways.

Hope y'all ain't mad for having read my poorly gramatical rant.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
It's coz Whitey's holding the canadians down y'all [/teddy long]

Perhaps the cable company broadcasts to both America and Canada? Meh, America will always effect the world as long as they're in power and the central basis of currency and war. American news is everyone's news because they're in the drivers seat and we're in the back. And a lot of people think America suck at driving :)

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Crunch.....in Canada, tv is 10% canadian channels, 90% american. Duh.

And wtf, "forced" on you? Do they have a gun to your head saying "listen you hockey loving canadian pussy! watch our american channels or I put this bullet to work!"? No really....do they? It happened to a crazy uncle of mine. Just wondering if he was lying and deserves to be in the "home" we put him in, or if he was truthful.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I admit I wasn't forced but my viewing choices were limited and they were cutting in to the next hours time slot so I caught the last couple of minutes. Now that I think about it they were on NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, PBS, Another news channel, The Canadian version of PBS, and the other PBS. Most of those are American.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Yeah, I can only count maybe a dozen of canadian channels on my digital cable. That's out of a possible 300 stations... And about 6 of those canadian channels are the music stations like MuchMusic, MTV Canada, MTV2, MuchVibe, MuchLoud, and MuchMoreMusic. The rest are shit I'd never watch like CBC, Global(only good for simpsons and 70's show on weekends), The Home Shopping Channel, Omni1, etc.
America totally controls tv in North America.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
You forgot YTV. :(

That reminds me...do you guys remember The Zone on YTV from like 10 years ago, when they had those dudes Pat and Phil, and that talking purple TV? Damn...what was that TV's name again...

Pat and Phil

edit: Aha...the TV's name was Snit...only if I can find a pic of him now...

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
I just heard something funny about the whole election.

Most people vote Kerry because they don't agree with the war, but Kerry voted for the war when he was a senator. So, yeah, I found that quite funny.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Back in the election in 2000, Bush supported gay marriage as well. Well, atleast Cheney did. They showed a clip of that on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
......You have 36 music stations? wtf....I mean, I probably have about 70 music stations, but that's with those ones that don't have videos. Where they're like digital radio stations. Where you turn it on, and all you have is a blank screen and music playing. But I dont count those.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought you said that out of all your channels you had you said that 6 of them were Canadian. So I went through the TV week and counted that 36 of my channels are Canadian. What would be the point in 36 music channels?

N

·
0 Posts
You watched it? Really? I live in the United States of America and I didn't even watch it.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Exactly i didn't watch it nor knew they did that for people who are just canidates. I thought they only did that full broadcast stuff for just important president speeches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts