Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
So blood and guts is off...its a good move, that match should have a crowd when it happens. Omega vs Guevara should be very good in ring. Guevara constantly loses and I expect thats going to continue here, but maybe they try to do a big time SHOCK win to get people interested? I have no idea if AAA is ok with that kind of thing

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Match is going to be lit, no doubt about it. But i'm not too sure about AAA's title being involved.
Hopefully it's just a one-time thing.

Anyway, Dynamite's card is stacked. Wardlow vs Luchasaurus, GOD DAMN.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
Match is going to be lit, no doubt about it. But i'm not too sure about AAA's title being involved.
Hopefully it's just a one-time thing.

Anyway, Dynamite's card is stacked. Wardlow vs Luchasaurus, GOD DAMN.
I agree. AEW should have it's own second singles title versus advertising and defending another company. IIRC Omega defended the AAA Mega Title on an episode of Dark against Jack Evans once before.

I mean they have to realize this as well right? This could have been Omega vs Guevara for the AEW Television Title.

That said, given the situation and what they have now adding the AAA Mega title into this match adds sizzle to be sure. I mean have the match without it and it's what? Just another Elite vs IC match while Match Beyond is postponed?

I think there is a small chance Guevara could win the title as well - is AAA running shows still? Regardless Kenny won't be traveling for awhile to defend it, a title change at least keeps it in the news. Sammy worked AAA as well in the past so probably would be acceptable to carry it and eventually go to Mexico to drop it on AAA programming. He is no Kenny Omega though and AAA might want Omega dropping the title to one of their contracted wrestlers for the rub and prestige.

I'd go as far as giving Sammy a 15-20% chance of walking out with the title.

I almost talk myself into it here then remember Sammy recently jobbed to Dustin Rhodes cleanly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like the matchup. Putting the AAA belt on Sammy gives him a good push. Let him keep it for a while, then drop it to Pentagon.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,700 Posts
Doesn't Sammy have a terrible record? I can't remember the last time he won a singles match, what puts him in line for a title opportunity?

·
Registered
21,497 Posts
Doesn't Sammy have a terrible record? I can't remember the last time he won a singles match, what puts him in line for a title opportunity?
He picked up about 3 singles wins late December and in January. But it's a title match for the sake of making a foregone conclusion at least important

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It’s for a AAA title, not an AEW title. There is no ranking system in AAA. That's why Sammy is eligible for a title shot. That and the fact that he also works AAA.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think Sammy pulls the upset. Kenny doesn't need a win here, and a win over Omega would give Sammy even more to mouth off about going forward.

·
Registered
21,497 Posts
Unless Sammy is a main eventer in AAA I can't see why they'd allow AEW to award their top belt to one of their undercard guys.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
Putting the title on "The Spanish God" could further his character. AAA Mega Title seems to be dormant for months and rarely defended, so if AAA was willing to keep it on Sammy for six months in return for having Sammy carry it on AEW television it could work for both companies.

Sammy drops it in six months time in AAA, and then uses his reign and loss as an impetus to petition for a secondary singles title in AEW.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts