Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as Omega goes, on 1/9, he signed his new contract so it is official he’s with New Japan through January 31, 2019, so he won’t be in the Royal Rumble this year (or next year), or WrestleMania, which no doubt won’t keep people from speculating on his role in those shows daily.
1/15/18 Wrestling Observer Newsletter

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
it's a slight shame for me as a bit of a WWE mark but I know deep down that the initial excitement would have died after a while so as a long term thing this is probably for the best (if he made a 1 time appearance at the rumble I would still :mark so hard tho)

·
Registered
24,530 Posts
He's already being advertised for SCOH in April and the "All In" show in September. Plus they did nothing at WK or NYD to indicate he would be leaving. So, no surpirse. Never thought he would be leaving this year.

2019 is the year to watch out for, IMO. The Bucks will be free agents then and if he's already had his match with Ibushi and gotten an IWGP title reign, I could see him making the jump.

But for now, let's just enjoy him in NJPW for another great year.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
He made the right choice.

There is a lot of stuff coming up this year for him. Another feud with Okada, the company coming back to the US, the ROH Supercard, the All In event, etc.

He can come to WWE whenever he wants, might as well ride this wave for as long as he can.

Plus there are very small rumblings out there right now that Punk may be returning for a one off match against Omega some time this year. Which would be HUGE.

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
That's great news. Honestly, I don't want to see any of my favourites waste away in WWE.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Once his body starts to break down and it solely becomes about the money, maybe he'll go to WWE.

·
Reap The Rewards
952 Posts
He made the right choice, I mean the more I know about him the more I realise he doesn't need the WWE. Has high merchandise sales, can have a schedule that can be flexible, is the leader of perhaps the biggest faction in pro wrestling at the moment, probably will be US champion for the rest of the year then you have that event that Cody and The Young Bucks are planning.

I mean it goes to show you can live the high life outside of WWE, would love to have him but you know he's got to do what he wants to do.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The only reason for him to have left would be if WWE offered him a Lesnar type contract. Otherwise he is much better off in NJPW.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Next year is probably fair for Omega in WWE, if they give him a cool deal, and he can have an AJ Styles like run there. If he wants to, which is awesome leverage to have.

·
Registered
609 Posts
That's what everyone tought he would do ! And i think this is a good choice.

As someone said, The Young Bucks contracts expire in 2019. I think it's not absurd to think that the 3 guys could signs with WWE next year.

·
Registered
240 Posts
All IN on Japan! :mark:

·
Registered
240 Posts
He made the right choice.

There is a lot of stuff coming up this year for him. Another feud with Okada, the company coming back to the US, the ROH Supercard, the All In event, etc.

He can come to WWE whenever he wants, might as well ride this wave for as long as he can.

Plus there are very small rumblings out there right now that Punk may be returning for a one off match against Omega some time this year. Which would be HUGE.
That's underselling it..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts