Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, what did happen to/with him? Did something happen backstage or what?

He went from being the "King" of the X-Division to not even appearing on TV for months, and then when he does return, he starts a mini feud with Aries, then he's in that tag match and then after the match, we have everyone plus Aries(who was on commentary)who was at ringside all grouped into that Ultimate X match EXCEPT Kenny King......

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Yeah they could've just thrown him in or done a singles match with Joe to get him on the card and left the ux a four way.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I hope the TNA have something for him after Bound For Glory, he have the charisma and the in-ring to be big for me, since the first time I saw him, I am a fan but he was never the king of the X-Division, he was just champ by default

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,517 Posts
Yeah he should be part of the Ultimate X match imo, or they could have had him and Aries have an extended feud with a match at BFG instead of that one off match on Impact.

·
ѪѺѪ
1,234 Posts
Felt bad that he was the only one left out of the Ultimate X match at BFG while everyone else in the ring was challenging one another then the last impact Joe inserting himself in I think King should insert himself at the next show and make it a six man Ultimate X match (I don't read the spoilers so I wouldn't know if he did it or not).

·
Registered
484 Posts
It looks like TNA have no idea what to do with him. They should add him as the sixth member to that X-division match. And from there two or three feuds should happen (Aries and Hardy/Joe, King and Hardy/Joe, Sabin and Manik).

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,114 Posts
OP, this has pretty much been TNA's game plan for X Division stars since last year:

1) Debut with a win
2) Win another match or two before beginning a chase for the belt
3) Feud with the champ
4) Win or lose the title match
5) Begin a new feud regardless of whether they're the champ or not
6) Lose the belt / feud and get taken off TV
7) Return to TV after being gone for months and lose to a new / rising X Division star
8) Get released after another few losses on TV

Sadly, King seems to be following this format as of late, much like Haskins, Nese, York, Ion and Ryan before him. Hopefully that won't be the case, but don't hold your breath on him climbing back up the mountain.

·
I Fear No Evil, Evil F***ing Fears Me
13,502 Posts
It's just classic TNA booking, push him for a few months and then they have no idea what to do with him.

That's why they can not establish any other main talent.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I was thinking about King when Samoa Joe came out and basically put himself into the match. Kenny King has been in the X division since he joined, and now not only can he not get into the X division match at the PPV, but 3 non X division guys are thrown in instead. King has to be saying, WTFF.
when I first saw him come out and have words with Aries before that match a few weeks ago I thought it had potential to be good. now I look back and kind of feel, what was the purpose of even using King?
I hope after BFG with a reset King can get more time. eventually I think he can get out of the X division and be someone special. a year plus from now he could be Magnus.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
2 possibilities:

1. He is on a garuanteed deal with TNA, which means he gets paid for sitting at home. If thats the case he will probably get released soon, just like several other wrestlers who were being paid for doing nothing.

2. He is on a pay-per-appearance deal, which basicly means he on average has 1 booking every 6-8 weeks, which means he is financially dependant on his work for the Chippendales.

Either way, his future in TNA doesnt look very promising.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts