Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little bit earlier today, Ken Doane (formerly known as Kenny Dykstra in WWE) had a few words about TNA on Twitter. Specifically, Doane said that he wasn’t interested in trying out for TNA Wrestling and that while he didn’t mean offense to anyone, he wasn’t comfortable paying for his own flights or working for free.

Here are Doane’s comments as they appeared on his Twitter account:

“nov 8th and 9th i will not be going for my ‘tryout’ in orlando. no offense to any1 but im not comfortable paying my own flights and working for free. that is all. i dont need a job that bad. if WWE calls i’ll go back or if TNA offers something decent. otherwise im absolutely happy where i am in life.”
http://twitter.com/kenndoane

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
His latest tweets about TNA:
28 June 2010
"tna scouting for talent..... um...... im right here."
24 August 2010
""There are no opportunities for you in TNA" -TNA"

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Oh well. There will always be talent willing to do just that, as evident by TNA's constant tryouts. Besides, even if he gets in, he'll still have to pay for travel and lodging on his own dime, just like the majority of the roster does. Being in TNA is not at all about making good money unless you're a brand name star.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
can't say i liked kenny in wwe. could he do more in tna maybe but his tweets kind of show how much of a douche he is. i wouldn't give him a tryout from what i saw there either.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
Kenny's always been one of my favourites, but God, get over yourself, kid. The guy has done next to nothing to pay his dues, yet he thinks he's too important to pay for a flight to go to a tryout? Most older guys ended up paying just to get some experience, let alone try to get a job with the second biggest company in America. Absolutely appalling on Kenny's part. I hope TNA does nothing for him and that he learns the hard way that he has to get things done for himself.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Back when i used to watch wwe i used to laugh when guys said this guy was going to be huge.. he was the one guy i was ALWAYS sure wwe wouldnt push. and i was right.

and this should also help the stupid idea that tna is desperate for wwe talent.. if that were the case theyd pay to fly him in and whatnot.

now if they turned down shelton benjamin or anybody else i like that is of value IMO id be saying tna is stupid.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
He had a cool leg drop, other than that i could care less about the guy.

Back when i used to watch wwe i used to laugh when guys said this guy was going to be huge.. he was the one guy i was ALWAYS sure wwe wouldnt push. and i was right.

now if they turned down shelton benjamin or anybody else i like that is of value IMO id be saying tna is stupid.
WWE actually did push him for a while when he re-debuted, he fueded with Flair and got 3 victories over him.

how is Benjamin of value ?

he's a pretty good wrestler......that's basically it.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,816 Posts
He had a cool leg drop, other than that i could care less about the guy.

WWE actually did push him for a while when he re-debuted, he fueded with Flair and got 3 victories over him.

This, on the multiple subjects...

·
Registered
2,730 Posts

He's an amazing athlete => they could do great things with him.

He's a good wrestler => with more experience & psychology he could match the high main event quality TNA wants to showcase.

He has a good look that hasn't be capitalized much => if they give him a good gimmick, he can surprise all critics who judge him because of his lack of WWE-charisma.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
That's pretty lame on his part. They're the ones offering you the chance to show them what you can do in the ring. One plane ticket woouldn't kill him, especially for just a tryout match.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts