Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw this at TNAinsider.com

UFC Hall of Famer and the first TNA Wrestling Champion Ken Shamrock recently spoke with Wrestling Glory Days Weekly concerning the possibility of returning to either TNA or the WWE. Below are the TNA related parts of the interview.
A possible TNA return:

"TNA, in the short time I was there, I didn't have the time I needed to work there. Now I have that time and I am in great shape. I don't need to worry about keeping my size down for fighting because I'm not fighting... so yeah, I'm pretty much open for getting back."

TNA being a good fit for his return:

"Yeah, you know, I would just love to. I just haven't had anybody really reach out... I'm done fighting pretty much and I'm looking to get back into pro wrestling and do some stuff there. I'm pretty much open."
I never saw him in TNA when he was there before, and don't remember a lot of what he did in WWE.

would he be someone good to bring in?

·
Premium Member
11,437 Posts
He's 49. Is Ken out of other options?

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I don't think anyone is going to hire Shamrock full time (In the major leagues anyway)

I'd be all for him making a couple of appearances though.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hire him to be the stable leader of the MMA guys like Tito, Rampage, and King Mo. A bunch of angry older MMA fighters(with the age exception for Mo) that think they are better then everybody else because they fought for real. Plus since he is a fully trained Wrestler he could actually perform and even teach the others how to also.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Hire him to be the stable leader of the MMA guys like Tito, Rampage, and King Mo. A bunch of angry older MMA fighters(with the age exception for Mo) that think they are better then everybody else because they fought for real. Plus since he is a fully trained Wrestler he could actually perform and even teach the others how to also.
That would be horrible.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Ken Shamrock comes with a pre-packaged narrative-- a storied career in wrestling and MMA, the first world champion of TNA, and black listed by the WWE. TNA can bring him in to induct him into the HOF next year and for a "shoot" wrestling match (read, no striking) with Kurt Angle.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Ken Shamrock comes with a pre-packaged narrative-- a storied career in wrestling and MMA, the first world champion of TNA, and black listed by the WWE. TNA can bring him in to induct him into the HOF next year and for a "shoot" wrestling match (read, no striking) with Kurt Angle.
Battle of the ankle lock...

I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Tazz

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Wrestling fans tune in to watch wrestling. I don't want to see Angle and Shamrock have a worked shoot nobody wants to see that, not even MMA fans.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If he can still go, sure, why not, he's a MMA guy that would make sense to pickup because of his past with TNA and the fact that he actually knows how do work a proper match. He can finally get that match vs. Kurt Angle.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
I wouldn't want to see him brought in as someone to focus on or even wrestle. He could maybe be involved in an angle because of his history there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
saw this at TNAinsider.com

I never saw him in TNA when he was there before, and don't remember a lot of what he did in WWE.

would he be someone good to bring in?
Even though he is old as hell I would love to see him go against Kurt Angle. Heh probably too late now.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Looks like ol' Shamrock needs some cash because he's been lobbying for a job everywhere. I love how they say "return". The dude was in TNA for like 3 or 4 shows. He's the first ever TNA World Champion though ;) That would be a fun thing to hype up.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I wouldnt want him on the roster permanently, TNA needs to move forward and invest in the future generation. But for a short stint he would be perfect. He could help make a new star with someone like Magnus, or give some credibility to Ethan Carter III. Just because someone is old doesnt mean they no longer have value for a wrestling company, as long as they dont stick around for too long.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I like Shamrock, when he was first signed by the WWF they did their best to portray him as a legitimate bad ass and incredibly dangerous, the way they portrayed him I honestly thought he was going to win the title, IIRC the crowd were never *that* excited to see him so he ended up being a mid carder, only headlining one PPV with HBK. I wouldn't mind seeing him back in TNA for a short run.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Would TNA fans even cheer for the guy? Most guys on the roster they give no reaction, so what kind of reaction would Shamrock get?

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
All due respect (I was a fan of Shamrock 10-15 years ago), I don't see the upside of his return outside of a one-off appearance.

He's not beloved by the wrestling community, he won't move the dial, he's shown himself to be a complete douchebag in the last decade (specifically in recent years), and he's a 50 year old broken down ex-fighter.

Sorry to say, Shamrock is even less relevant than Rampage and Tito at this point.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts