Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former WWE Divas Champion Kelly Kelly is reportedly making a return to WWE. RAW commentator Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler recently confirmed on The Jerry Lawler Show podcast that Kelly would be returning in some capacity to WWE.

During this week’s episode of the show Lawler was going through his thoughts on the Royal Rumble PPV from earlier this month. Jerry specifically had huge praise for the Women’s Royal Rumble match, saying it was the best he had seen.

Women’s Rumble Match

“I thought it was the best Women’s Rumble match that I’ve seen,” Lawler began. “It was a little bit NXT-heavy. But I didn’t have a problem with that because every one of the NXT women shined. It wasn’t like you ever thought ‘oh this woman shouldn’t be there.” Every one of them looked like they could win that match.”

Kelly Kelly – Surprise Entrant

One of the surprise returns for the Rumble saw Kelly Kelly enter at Number 21. Lawler talked about his chat backstage with the former Divas Champion; “I got a chance to talk to Kelly before the match for a long time. She’s just doing great. And from what I understand we may be seeing more of her. She may be coming back on a semi-regular basis.”

It has not been confirmed if the former WWE Superstar has signed with WWE in any capacity beyond her Rumble appearance. We will update if this changes in the near future.
Source: Kelly Kelly Reportedly Returning To WWE on a Part Time Basis

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Well,she share same age with Charlotte and with her in-ring ability, perhaps she only can stay for less two years before her 35.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
2,990 Posts
She was never charismatic she was over because she had 'Girl Next Door looks' she's eye candy+ at best that's the truth.
I disagree.

there was plenty of eyecandy in the diva era and none of them were as over as her, it's clear that she has something that separated her from the rest of the girls of her era (charisma) that's why she always got great reactions.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,492 Posts
I disagree.

there was plenty of eyecandy in the diva era and none of them were as over as her, it's clear that she has something that separated her from the rest of the girls of her era (charisma) that's why she always got great reactions.
I don't see how one could say she was charismatic when that person is so wooden and it's not just her Promos it's also her dead end mannerisms she's lucky she stood out as the cute hot chick which is why fans loved her.

She had nothing to make people resonate from besides being incredibly good looking which is enough in itself to get over, She's the prototypical blonde bombshell so it's no surprise, If you recall somebody who's fairly charismatic and was just as sexy if not more so then you would have Torrie Wilson as the better example.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
2,990 Posts
I don't see how one could say she was charismatic when that person is so wooden and it's not just her Promos it's also her dead end mannerisms she's lucky she stood out as the cute hot chick which is why fans loved her.

She had nothing to make people resonate from besides being incredibly good looking which is enough in itself to get over, She's the prototypical blonde bombshell so it's no surprise, If you recall somebody who's fairly charismatic and was just as sexy if not more so then you would have Torrie Wilson as the better example.
Yeah looks are a big factor of people gravitating to you or not, look at Jeff Hardy a pretty lousy mic worker as well yet is considered one of the most charismatic superstars of the last decade.

Kelly's looks definitely played a part of her overness there is no denying that, but if looks was everything then every diva from that era would be over and that's not the case. Kelly was a good underdog that people always rooted for,

·
The Babyface of WF
10,492 Posts
Yeah looks are a big factor of people gravitating to you or not, look at Jeff Hardy a pretty lousy mic worker as well yet is considered one of the most charismatic superstars of the last decade.

Kelly's looks definitely played a part of her overness there is no denying that, but if looks was everything then every diva from that era would be over and that's not the case. Kelly was a good underdog that people always rooted for,
Jeff Hardy was an enigma and a unique personality nothing to do with Mic Talent that's just an added bonus, You're confusing Charisma with mere Presence only Kelly Kelly doesn't have anything special to stand out minus being exceptionally attractive.

Charismatic individuals have the ability to make fans drawn to them on a personal level whether it's body language or the words they speak there's literally nothing about Kelly Kelly that relates to this, The closest thing she had was being an Exhibitionist and even then it's her strip teases that got over, Any diva could have pulled that off realistically.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
The only redeeming qualities of K2 are that she isn't as bad in the ring as Eva Marie, and she finally has the body of a grown woman rather than being shapeless and scrawny like she was during the Divas era. But, out of all the past women in the WWE that could have actually added to the division they bring back someone as worthless as K2? She was the reason people abandoned the women in the past and it took Paige and AJ to bring interest back to the division.

And K2 was never charismatic, guys just wanted to fuck her. Trish would be a perfect example of an attractive woman who was also likable outside of just being easy to look at.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts