Wrestling Forum banner

Keeping everyone happy

1439 14
Could the WWE have RAW as an adult orientated show and Smackdown for the kids?

I certainly hope something like this happens, and tbh with the way RAW has been the last few weeks this very well could be the case.

Make it happen please.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,724 Posts
I doubt it. But just to dream, Raw and Smackdown are adult orientated and NXT is for kids.

· Registered
3,895 Posts
I guess so, but the viewership would probably be heavily in favour off the adult show, so it will make the other one look bad. Especially if one set of fans is smarks and the others are kiddie marks.

· Registered
868 Posts
WWE is only pulling out this "edgy" stuff to hype Mania

Expect more Hornswoggling-Khali Kissing-Cobra Raping-Gobbley Gooker like fun starting the first Raw after Mania (Y)

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt it. But just to dream, Raw and Smackdown are adult orientated and NXT is for kids.
Like you say, we can but dream. But the bottom line is they really need to strike a balance and soon.

I guess so, but the viewership would probably be heavily in favour off the adult show, so it will make the other one look bad. Especially if one set of fans is smarks and the others are kiddie marks.

Would that be such a bad thing? Might make the Creative team sit up and take notice.

If it really is Smackdown v RAW lets make it like that and see what happens...

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is more likely to be the other way round with Smackdown being the anughty show. It wouldnt happen though. It would be far too inconsistent.
Either Smackdown or RAW, really, it doesn't matter.

And what makes you think it would be inconsistent?

Surely there is enough of a clamour for more edgier content within the wrestling community to make something like this work?

· Registered
206 Posts
Vince McMahon has been trying to get a WWE Cable network on the go for a couple of years. If this indeed comes to fruition, its likely all programming barring RAW (because of its Primetime status) will be moved to the WWE Channel. Since they can't show PG-13 rated content throughout the entire day (especially after 9pm), its likely more adult-orientated programming will be shown, perhaps a third weekly television show with a TV-14 target audience. The rest of the schedule will likely be filled with WWE Classics, WWE Films and Documentaries about WWE Superstars

Thats all I have to say on this subject

· Registered
1,123 Posts
The WWE Cable network is an idea of the past. This channel would only broadcast WWE products and you won't be able to choose the matches you wish to see. How many sane people will be ready to pay for this channel when they can use torrents and internet ?

WWE should use Internet and have a TV show each day on different TV channels to get different audiences. Each show will be drawn and produced for a specific channel and a specific audience.

- Monday : Raw (adult oriented main show)
- Tuesday : alternatively Tough Enough and FCW (shows for the developpemental program)
- Wednesday : Kid's show (PG 13)
- Thursday : Velocity (technics and high flying entertainment show)
- Friday : SmackDown (adult oriented show to help the jobbers to get heat).
- Saturday : Kid's show (PG 13)
- Sunday : God's day -> Hardcore shows !

And free or PPV on Internet :
- Kid's show
- NXT
- Velocity
- Hardcore shows
- WWE on the road (a few WWE wrestlers make amateur-like shows in different US cities)
- WWE diverse sitcoms
- Diva's mild-erotic shows

And TNA company must be on Fox in my opinion.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The WWE Cable network is an idea of the past. This channel would only broadcast WWE products and you won't be able to choose the matches you wish to see. How many sane people will be ready to pay for this channel when they can use torrents and internet ?

WWE should use Internet and have a TV show each day on different TV channels to get different audiences. Each show will be drawn and produced for a specific channel and a specific audience.

- Monday : Raw (adult oriented main show)
- Tuesday : alternatively Tough Enough and FCW (shows for the developpemental program)
- Wednesday : Kid's show (PG 13)
- Thursday : Velocity (technics and high flying entertainment show)
- Friday : SmackDown (adult oriented show to help the jobbers to get heat).
- Saturday : Kid's show (PG 13)
- Sunday : God's day -> Hardcore shows !

And free or PPV on Internet :
- Kid's show
- NXT
- Velocity
- Hardcore shows
- WWE on the road (a few WWE wrestlers make amateur-like shows in different US cities)
- WWE diverse sitcoms
- Diva's mild-erotic shows

And TNA company must be on Fox in my opinion.
I like the cut of your jib young man. Especially hardcore matches on the lords day...

I'm pretty sure he would be ecstatic about that

· Registered
70 Posts
I think trying to divide wrestling into a kids show or an adult one, only serves to create the category of child or adult. Something in the middle, that has some depth, nothing too extreme, but human enough, would suit everyone. Besides when I was young, it was precisely the edginess that appealed to me. So no, I don't think having shows for different audiences would be as good an idea, as trying to go for a good all-round appeal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.