Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so wwe is no longer using the term "wrestling" and tna are taking that as an opportunity to promote "wrestling matters" so should wrestling the word be used?? what do you think??

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
vince has been trying to bury the word wrestling since the 1980s. this is nothing new. tna are just trying to round up the iwc guys who somehow think this makes a bloody difference, even though both shows have the same goddamn product?

in my view though? its wrestling. what else am i supposed to call it?

·
Banned
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well said mister!! i couldnt have worded it better!! i wouldnt ever refer to it as sports entertainment!! but is that will kids will refer to it as now?? im not sure??

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
vince has been trying to bury the word wrestling since the 1980s. this is nothing new. tna are just trying to round up the iwc guys who somehow think this makes a bloody difference, even though both shows have the same goddamn product?

in my view though? its wrestling. what else am i supposed to call it?
Every time I go to post something, redead posts it before me.

But yeah, fricking this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It sounds far worse for it to be called anything besides "Wrestler" or "Wrestling" IMO. It sounds absolutely terrible when I hear guys like Triple H referring to them as "performers".

If the WWE actually want to come across as being its own self-contained "universe", then it should feel more natural. Hearing Wrestlers and Commentators refer to the "WWE Universe" instead of fans, the apparent non-use of Referee's names etc. It all forces me to again start thinking about the entire product just being worked.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
they cant use ref names??? since when???
They do mention the ref's names.

But, I don't know, since about the 90s they've tried to not call the refs by their names to make the performers- I mean wrestlers- look more significant.

Any other questions that require the use of a billion and one question marks?

Yeah sorry if I'm coming off as a prick but damn what is up with this thread???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts