Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wondered this and it's been this way for years. The latest example of this was at TNA's Final Resolution on Sunday, during the Casket Match between The Pope and Abyss. When Superstars are not fighting around the Casket, the Referees close it. I understand that many unveilings happen when the Casket is opened and "magically" someone is inside it. (It wasn't too long along we saw Paul Bearer in the Casket on Smackdown.) So traditionally speaking, it's kept closed for spots like that. But ruling wise, why do they close the casket when the action is away from it? Wouldn't it make more sense to just keep it open and have the Superstar close it when they are ready too?

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dramatic effect.

And they need something for the ref to do.
I think it would be a lot cooler if they ditched the refs and just had the casket. Then when someone gets thrown in it and the lid closed down, the dramatic effect could be in that spot. The lid slamming as the bells rings. Then maybe the winner carting out their "victim".

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Kayfabe wise, it forces the wrestler to physically put the wrestler in the casket. If the casket were to stay open maybe the wrestler falls off of the ring apron and lands in the casket and the lid closes without the opponent having to do anything to cause that.

--- that's the only thing I can come up with. :p

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
Why are the tables under the ring?
Why aren't the ladders set up?
Why is the cage door locked?
Why do girls wear panties?

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why are the tables under the ring?
Why aren't the ladders set up?
Why is the cage door locked?
Why do girls wear panties?
Well the table and ladders do not have to do with the Referee. The Superstar finds them and uses them. The Referees physically open and close the Casket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts