Wrestling Forum banner

Kayfabe speaking, who had the worst 2010?

• Undertaker

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • CM Punk

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • Jericho

Votes: 19 20.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Undertaker – First he lost the WHC belt at Elimination Chamber. After headlining Wrestlemania he had a couple of victories over Swagger & Edge before getting put into a vegetative state for the summer. He returned at Summerslam only to be flattened by Kane. Kane then handed Undertaker his ass at 3 consecutive PPV’s. He was last seen being buried alive.

CM Punk – After a massive 2009 Punk’s momentum nosedived in 2010. He lost to Mysterio at Wrestlemania. A couple of months later he had his head shaved. His Straight Edge Society was a complete disaster and 2 of his 3 disciples were subsequently terminated. He was humiliated by Big Show for a couple of months, got traded to RAW, and then got injured.

Chris Jericho – He successfully defended the WHC belt at Wrestlemania but then had the dubious distinction of giving it up to Jack Swagger immediately afterwards. Since then he formed a failed tag team with Miz, suffered an embarrassing loss to Evan Bourne, floundered for a few months and got fat along the way. At the end of September Orton punted him and he was never heard from again.

·
@delecast
4,407 Posts
Jericho was forced to retire and was treated like an idiot by everyone. That hurts his character's ego more.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Oh right, I just completely forgot about the part where it said "kayfabe speaking", silly me.

Well it's obviously Taker, the guy got buried alive ffs I don't know how it could get any worse for the poor sod.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Suprised "KAyfabe wise" Cena ain't on that list, yeah sure he won the title but he was forced into Nexus, was their bitches and"Fired"..

but i guess Punk.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Well, currently Undertaker is in the ground covered with several metric tons of dirt.

So i'll go with him.

That or Paul Bearer since he died.

·
Registered
425 Posts
How could it even be debated!!? It's Taker and it's not even close. He was Betrayed by his brother in the form of being put into a coma by him. Then once he returned he didn't have the strength to get his revenge,and when he finally thought he would, his own father betrayed him. If all that wasn't bad enough he then proceeded to be BURIED ALIVE! I mean come on, theres only so much even a deadman can take.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Jericho. Shitty year really.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Jericho without a doubt. Despite being champion and fighting the winner of the Rumble, he would not get to end Wrestlemania in the final match. After the loss to Swagger, it was really all downhill.

Reactions: Showstopper

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Jericho had a WHC run, CM Punk wasn't even close to that, he was jobbing to Rey and even worse to Show

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
LOL if you say anything other than Undertaker, you're wrong. it's ridiculous that Punk has more votes.

Undertaker technically was killed. the guy was buried alive. kayfabe speaking, he's basically dead. if you think losing a couple times to a midget is worse than being buried alive, you probably didn't do too well on your SAT's, you catch my drift.

Reactions: Showstopper

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was going to do another poll "career wise, who had the worst 2010" but I didn't want to be one of those post whores (you know who you are). Career-wise Jericho had the shit year and it breaks my heart. He was on top of the world in 2009. Undertaker will at least be able to shit out a couple more Wrestlemania matches and go out in a massive way. Punk is pretty much cementing his post-wrestling career as commentator but I also think (like many here) he has a good chance of winning the Rumble.

I'd like to think that Jericho is vigorously getting into shape and planning a dramatic return. Is it possible that he's finished though? He's listed under "alumni" on WWE.com.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
No doubt all three superstars didn’t have a great year for them but my vote obviously go to CM Punk and it’s not even close. I don’t know why I see people voting for Chris Jericho cause I honestly believe he had the better year then Punk and Taker. But then again I forgot that Punk is one of the high Gods of the IWC. :rolleyes:

Chris Jericho defeated The Undertaker on Smackdown AND at the Elimination Chamber, he went on and defeated (retaining his title in the process) Edge at the biggest show of them all-Wrestlemania. Jericho had his Wrestlemania “moment” and prove why he is the face of Smack down. Now things kind of went downhill for Jericho when Jack “Jobber” Swagger defeated him on April 2nd but Jericho manage to stay near the World title scene for a few weeks before entering a feud with Edge to continue their rivalry. He lost to Edge at Extreme Rules but his victory over Edge at Mania was still bigger and more memorable. He got traded to RAW and formed a temporary alliance with Miz and defeated the tag team champions but of course in their rematch he was unsuccessful in capturing the titles with Miz. He moved on and had a mini feud with Bourne to put him over and he won in the end. Jericho then participated in the hottest feud of the Summer (Nexus storyline) being in the main event of Summer-slam along with the top man of the company with his team coming out victorious. Hell he even had butted heads with John Cena during the feud of being the leader of Team WWE. Then after the multi-man feud was finish, he was a contender for Night of Champions for the WWE Championship. During that he had a mini feud with Morrison with Morrison having the edge first but then getting his payback in the end aswell defeating Hart Dynasty in a handicap match inside a Steel Cage. Then of course he had his match with the WWE Champion Randy Orton where he got punted.

Chris Jericho has the better year then Undertaker and most defiantly CM Punk.

Let’s see, Undertaker, at the Royal Rumble, defeated Rey Mysterio as World Champion but then lost his title next month to Chris Jericho due to Michaels interference. Taker went on to defeat Michaels at Mania to keep his streak intact while also retiring the Heartbreak kid. He then took a short hiatus for a little bit then returned and defeated Mysterio yet again for a spot in the Fatal 4-Way pay-per-view . Then all of sudden they reported that he was in a vegetative state so he took another short hiatus away thus couldn’t obviously compete at the ppv. He returned at Summer-Slam to confront Kane but to only be Tombstone at the end was most definitely rare to see of a major returning superstar like Taker to only be left laying on his back. Majority of the whole feud with Kane, Taker has been always one step below his brother as well be outsmarted by Paul Bearer and now he is buried.

Now Punk, other then his win at Extreme Rules, what really stood out for him? His SES faction which had the potential to be something special was a complete disaster with Punk jobbing to Rey Mysterio and Big Show for the entire year. Now he is injured and commentating. Punk was basically getting more mic-time then anyone but to only be embarrassed and humiliated in the end 95% of the time. It was like watching a Itchy and Scratchy cartoon from The Simpsons where the mouse always get the better of the cat. It was basically that between him and Mysterio. Punk momentum is GONE, dead and destroyed, he is the definition of a main event jobber/upper mid-carder. I see people on here (mostly Punk marks) say “It only takes one promo for him to gain credibility back” to try to even out the blow with that Chris Jericho excuse.

Please, Punk had never been the same since Hell in a Cell last year with his match against Undertaker and no doubt Punk delivers a great performance on the mic however he still that same loser of being humiliated almost every night.

Punk has the worst year out of the three and its not even close. Taker and Jericho atleast tasted World Title gold while Punk tasted Big Show fist every night.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts