Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesn't Finn always come out as Demon Finn if it yields the most success with only one L to Joe in NXT. The fact that he doesn't makes no sense from a storyline perspective, seeing as Balor club gets starched by upper mid card on the regular. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Why doesn't Finn always come out as Demon Finn if it yields the most success with only one L to Joe in NXT. The fact that he doesn't makes no sense from a storyline perspective, seeing as Balor club gets starched by upper mid card on the regular. Thoughts?
He's looking dum as fuck for not using it against lesnar in the most important match of his career

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
Using the demon takes a physical toll and drains his life force. If he uses it too much he'll permanently become the demon.
Now if WWE would explain that it would be good. Cause that is why I presume he does not all the time but at the moment WWE have never said why

·
Registered
22,826 Posts

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
The frustrating thing about it is that there's basically no reason as to why Demon Finn shows up other than when Finn chooses, initially it seemed like he'd show up for big matches, but then he didn't show up against Brock, it was just plain normal Finn, but yet the Demon shows up against Lashley and Corbin.

I think this is part of the reason why the Demon has lost its mystique on the main roster, there's no real appeal or logic behind it anymore, my guess is that they just didn't want the Demon to lose so they just didn't have him show up against Brock, but that kind of defeats the object, why does the Demon show up? What triggers it?

Reactions: Paladine

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,417 Posts
I mean literally. I didn't know Finn could powerbomb somebody the size of Lashley

He just dropped his ass, stomped him and picked up the win. I don't use the word "badass" often but

·
Banned
162 Posts
What was amazing about the match was the shoot vibe of it. The way Balor won was believable and I didn't think they could pull that off.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'd love it if Finn had the Hulk/Banner situation. Where Finn constantly struggles to get the Demon out of him. Usually letting him down in big matches. Yet the demon can come out when maybe Finn gets really hurt in a feud/match or something.

Anything that actually explains when sometimes it appears would be enough.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
What I got from this match is that Balor is just about as smart as wet cardboard, since he didn´t use the Demon against Lesnar, but against a midcarder like Lashley..

·
Back where we belong!
2,579 Posts
I just can't buy into it, man. I don't want to sound like one of those guys but Bobby Lashley should not be shitting his pants at the sight of a Demon Finn Balor.

·
Registered
371 Posts
They messed up the demon booking because they've messed up Balor's booking. Demon Balor vs. Reigns was basically a Mania main event in 2017 if they wanted to do it, because Balor was still fresh and protected. Simply having him beat Reigns would've allowed them to build another big star, but still allow a big rematch down the line at Summerslam or something where Reigns could get the win back.

They wasted a good 2 years with Balor. They've not used him as effectively as they should have since his return in 2017.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts