Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from his facebook

First, I want to thank all my friends and fans who have gone out of their way to message me and ask about my condition. I am feeling a lot better. There is some residual soreness/stiffness; I'm just very lucky that the injury was not as bad as it could have been.

Now, for the uninformed, I will explain what happened. Last Thursday, at the FCW Arena in Tampa, I took part in a Human Cage Match v. the newest Smackdown Superstar, Antonio Cesaro. Late in the match, the action spilled to the floor and I saw an opportunity to dive onto the pile. I hurled myself out of the ring, twisting as I crossed over the top rope (this maneuver is called the High Jump Moonsault Suicida: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cp6yfYPvDI ). This time, I came up short on the dive, landing in front of the pile, directly on top of my head . Fortunately there wasn't any dizziness or numbness to speak of. Somehow I was able to make it to my feet and finish the match (getting the W, no less, after smashing Cesaro's melon into an exposed turnbuckle). I landed incredibly hard. Once the initial scare subsided, I had a good feeling that the injury would not be serious.

Our athletic trainer accompanied me to the Emergency Room after the show in order to rule out any potential breaks/fractures. Five hours later the x-rays had come back negative and I was diagnosed with a cervical sprain. I don't believe it to be as serious as it sounds but we are taking every precaution. I'm still coping with stiffness but, with rest and rehab, it's gotten better each day. I'm optimistic for a quick return.

I want to thank some of my opponents over the years (Ian Rotten, Arik Cannon, Eddie Kingston, Trik Davis) for helping toughen up my skull with a slew of sickening headbutts. I also want to thank Jorge "Skayde" Rivera and the Pro-Wrestling NOAH Dojo for teaching me a litany of exercises and techniques that have greatly strengthened my neck strength over the years. This is a scary situation that could have been infinitely scarier had circumstances been different.

I consider myself incredibly fortunate. In wrestling, there are a number of variables that you can't always plan for. Accidents happen and all you can hope for is to be properly prepared. My peers at FCW and the training staff were incredibly helpful to me in this instance. Unfortunately, most of the smaller wrestling organizations aren't properly equipped to handle these situations. I was amazingly lucky; the next guy might not be. Again, thanks to EVERYONE for the support. I look forward to being 100% again and making a quick return to the ring.

~KO
i hope he is ok and nothing seriously happened
he is saying it is a minor injury but sometimes those type of injuries take a long time to heal and sometime it leaves its mark on te person for the rest of his career

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am not sure the match was taped
it wasn't a tv taping event
they taped a match a week ago but the match was normal match and ended in a different way

the injury happened in non tv taping event and it seems he will be out for a while maybe a short period but still if he didn't take his time to be 100% he put his health and his future career in risk

·
Banned
690 Posts
Glad it's not serious. I'd make a comment on how I think he's bad, but the fact that he did a dumbass spot for no reason and got injured because of it says it better than I ever could.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Glad it's not serious. I'd make a comment on how I think he's bad, but the fact that he did a dumbass spot for no reason and got injured because of it says it better than I ever could.
When you really think about it though, who hasn't taken a bad spot in this business? He wasn't the first, and he certainly won't be the last. :cool2

·
Banned
690 Posts
When you really think about it though, who hasn't taken a bad spot in this business? He wasn't the first, and he certainly won't be the last. :cool2
True, but there's a difference between getting injured by landing badly after a high risk spot that sets up the finish of the match (like Justin Gabriel at 'Mania) and getting injured because you thought it would be a good idea to do a moonsault onto the lumberjacks for no reason other than "hey, they're all bunched together. I think I'll dive on top of them!"

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
True, but there's a difference between getting injured by landing badly after a high risk spot that sets up the finish of the match (like Justin Gabriel at 'Mania) and getting injured because you thought it would be a good idea to do a moonsault onto the lumberjacks for no reason other than "hey, they're all bunched together. I think I'll dive on top of them!"
That would actually be the right time to do the move, with more people to break the fall.:confused: I would also bet that he did the move because he has done it so many other times before successfully. Shit happens.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
The first time I saw that move was in that exact match (KOW vs Sano and Takayama, which is a great match by the way) and I thought it was an incredible risky move to do, especially for someone of Ohno's size. Very glad he's ok but a bit bummed because this means he'll probably stop doing all his dive spots.

·
Banned
690 Posts
That would actually be the right time to do the move, with more people to break the fall.:confused: I would also bet that he did the move because he has done it so many other times before successfully. Shit happens.
Think about the whys of the situation. Why is he doing this spot? Does it make sense for him to do it? Is there a safer alternative to the spot? Does the risk of the spot out weigh the awesomeness of doing it?

Just because there was a crowd there doesn't mean it's a good idea to jump over the top rope and do a moonsault. Especially when there are other dives that are safer and not much less impressive.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Think about the whys of the situation. Why is he doing this spot? Does it make sense for him to do it? Is there a safer alternative to the spot? Does the risk of the spot out weigh the awesomeness of doing it?

Just because there was a crowd there doesn't mean it's a good idea to jump over the top rope and do a moonsault. Especially when there are other dives that are safer and not much less impressive.
You're really straining for reasons to not like Hero now. "He got injured! What an idiot."

No dive over the top rope is safe all the time.

·
Banned
690 Posts
You're really straining for reasons to not like Hero now. "He got injured! What an idiot."

No dive over the top rope is safe all the time.
I'm not hating on him for doing a dive or getting injured. I'm hating on him (in this case) for him doing a riskier dive than he needed to for pretty much no reason.

Or to put it your way. "He did a stupid dive for no reason and got injured because of it! What an idiot."

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
I'm not hating on him for doing a dive or getting injured. I'm hating on him (in this case) for him doing a riskier dive than he needed to for pretty much no reason.

Or to put it your way. "He did a stupid dive for no reason and got injured because of it! What an idiot."
But it could have happened on any dive, is my point. Taker nearly crippled himself with a top rope dive. Truth got injured off a simple plancha. Lita damn near broke her neck with a suicide dive. Sin Cara fucked himself up doing a dive. It's wrestling. Accidents happen.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,317 Posts
Do you realize the part where he explained why he did the moonsault was in kayfabe? Chris Hero is a professional and he wouldn't just do a moonsault onto people without them knowing he was going to do a moonsault.

You're also hating on Hero for doing one of his moves that he's done many times before. You need to stand out to get the call up from FCW and doing things that nobody your size can do will really help you stand out.

·
Banned
690 Posts
But it could have happened on any dive, is my point. Taker nearly crippled himself with a top rope dive. Truth got injured off a simple plancha. Lita damn near broke her neck with a suicide dive. Sin Cara fucked himself up doing a dive. It's wrestling. Accidents happen.
Yes, but would you agree that something like a Plancha gives you more control of your trajectory, as well as a safer landing if someone fucks up (leaper or catcher) than doing a fosbury flop onto an oppponent?

Do you realize the part where he explained why he did the moonsault was in kayfabe? Chris Hero is a professional and he wouldn't just do a moonsault onto people without them knowing he was going to do a moonsault.
Yes, I'm sure that the people supposed to be catching him knew the spot was coming. That is after all the definition of a spot. but the question remains of whether within the context of the match doing the spot made sense. Which going by previous matches, it won't.

You're also hating on Hero for doing one of his moves that he's done many times before. You need to stand out to get the call up from FCW and doing things that nobody your size can do will really help you stand out.
I'm not even going to bother telling you why you're wrong. It won't sink in.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts