Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Im glad people are seeing this. Dude was bland as hell from the start and hes not nearly as huge as advertised. Some of y’all hyped yourself up and hoped this bland CAW would pan out
The guy was the second most interesting(and second most over) person in a Tag Team with a peer crisis Moose. Face it the guy's "physical charisma" is his girlfriend's fake boobs.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
15,851 Posts
Imo he’s been since I saw him use saito suplex as a finish 😆😆😆.

·
Premium Member
26,096 Posts
His whole aura and supposed charisma is smokes and mirrors and dependent on the elaborate entrance and pairing him with Scarlett. It was completely deflated in his RAW debut and without it he is very bland and the reaction from the crowd was quite weak. His ring work is rather weak as well so there is hardly anything left after he makes his entrance and the bell rings. Adam Cole was dead on with is promo. His size sort of makes him stand out among the smaller NXT wrestlers but that doesn't really makes up for what he lacks.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
WWE fails at basic wrestling 101: hide the weakness of your performers, not highlight them. Everyone knows, without the smoke and mirrors, Cross was just your generic CAW from SVR '06. But that was part of his appeal, and you don't strip someone of what makes them appealing, regardless of how superficial it is. I never believed he would be a main eventer, never saw him on par with guys like Roman, Seth, Drew or Lashley, but he would have been a good upper mid-card monster heel. But as of right now, he's just a mid-card heel used to put over the baby faces.

But then, I don't think WWE is this stupid, just petty. Vince has never liked NXT, and them losing to AEW had worsened his opinion of them.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
WWE fails at basic wrestling 101: hide the weakness of your performers, not highlight them. Everyone knows, without the smoke and mirrors, Cross was just your generic CAW from SVR '06. But that was part of his appeal, and you don't strip someone of what makes them appealing, regardless of how superficial it is. I never believed he would be a main eventer, never saw him on par with guys like Roman, Seth, Drew or Lashley, but he would have been a good upper mid-card monster heel. But as of right now, he's just a mid-card heel used to put over the baby faces.

But then, I don't think WWE is this stupid, just petty. Vince has never liked NXT, and them losing to AEW had worsened his opinion of them.

You likely couldn't even sell him as a monster on the main roster. Neither his size nor in ring intensity match the role. Look at the dudes that have historically received "monster" type booking. They are usually BIG guys and/or intense and impactful guys.

You're not wrong about WWE not doing a good job of hiding his or anyone else's weaknesses but I'm not sure that the smoke and mirrors entrance was going to be enough to protect him from being exposed in the long run. I guess you could hope that he was over enough that it wouldn't matter by the time it happened if they protected him. I think he same positives as a performer though he is a decent promo and has decent size and a look that while it isn't necessarily unique is right in line with some of the companies current top acts. If they can find an appropriate way to accentuate his positives and he figures his shit out he could be a useful player in a not spectacularly stacked upper mid occasional main event scene in WWE. You can't however make him someone who is ONLY noticed for his entrance and association with his stripper looking gf. That's just not how you make someone a "star".

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Cornette's thoughts:

I suspected that management wanted to see how the crowd reacts to Karrion without Scarlett and his fancy light show, but having him dependent on Scarlett to win matches would be even worse than her being arm candy that makes him look more interesting than he is.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,966 Posts
They're completely oblivious.
I'm guessing Cornette is gonna be right. Scarlett is awesome but I don't know workrate wise if she hangs in this era. They're perfect for each other. Let them be.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I'm guessing Cornette is gonna be right. Scarlett is awesome but I don't know workrate wise if she hangs in this era. They're perfect for each other. Let them be.
I've been saying for a year she's just going to end up being PG Sable.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,966 Posts
I've been saying for a year she's just going to end up being PG Sable.

I mean Carmella already has the "I'm not a horse woman level worker but I'm hot and have no problem showing skin" position down on Smackdown. I guess they could fight over who's hotter?

·
Registered
$tratus Faction
182 Posts
I'm still laughing at that Raw debut loss.

Plus the fact that Karrion Kross wasn't even "the total package" because his valet Scarlett wasn't with him. 😝

41 - 57 of 57 Posts