Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well firstly it's unfair on the actual ladies named Karen in the world. Would suck to be an 'innocent' Karen.
I know quite a few people actually named Karen, doesn't seem to bother them but that's my subjective, anecdotal experience so whatever.

Secondly, lets not pretend the slur or whatever you want to call it isn't a white thing. It absolutely is, I've never seen any video or meme where the woman isn't white. How many black women are named Karen anyway?
I'll say the definition inherently could apply to anyone but predominantly is a white thing because the definition happens to apply to them more often. In regards to never seeing a video of a non white women Karen fine, next time you see a non white women acting accordingly to the behaviors seen in most of the videos feel free to record/expose her in the name of equality. And yes I personally know quite a few minorities whom I would refer to as Karen since they meet the criteria.

Thirdly if you'll permit me to engage in some whataboutism - there is/was a stereotype of the 'angry black woman', especially in movies and other media. Would it be okay to start calling ranting angry black women a name like 'Aliayah' or something...
What you're describing already exists, has existed long before the Karen meme and irregardless is a false equivalence to Karen (because again the Karen stereotype CAN apply to any women as anyone can be entitled/priveledged, the ABW stereotype only applies to black women despite the fact that any women can be angry) .

Regardless, I wouldn't really care if you used 'Aliayah', it's much better than the existing name.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,661 Posts
Can someone explain wtfook is a " Karen "

I'm not to familiar with internet jargon

Thanks,

Carter.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,661 Posts
The only Karen I know is a canny lass from the toon ( city) where I work and she ain't nothing what's been described, but I'm not really understanding the net term, so could one of you smarter lad or lass explain it to a geordie lad trying to learn this term, if it's racist then feck off sad sacks of shit as I have a lot of multicultural friends.

Peace.

·
Registered
509 Posts
What fucking hypocrisy? I'm not an apoligist. I'm just sick of the bullshit people keep spreading. I'm 29 years old almost and in all my years I've never seen white people be treated like shit on a vast scale.

Jesus christ man you're acting like whites are being forced in to slavery right now.

If you want Karen to be a name again. Tell hysterical white women to stop wetting their pants every time a black guy waves at them
Exactly! Im 37 & White and Ive spent 3 months on every continent except Australia. They only time I felt rascism was parts of Kenya, but ya can't really blame them.

Theres a lot of crazy entitled soccer moms in America there that need to be put in their place. So whats wrong with a funny term for these morons?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Firstly anyone can be a Karen technically. It's a pushy middle class woman, normally right leaning and demanding to have her "entitled" ways of thinking reinforced.

Secondly even if it isn't you need to ask whether it is racist. Prejudiced? Sure. Racist? Well it depends. Some want to redefine racism as having an oppressive, power element. They say that white people made the definition and therefore it doesn't take into account the views of BAME individuals (yes BAME is a lazy term but its what we have at the moment).

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
OP's mom was called a "Karen" for overcomplaining to Amazon that the mom jeans she ordered were too wrinkled to wear. That's why he's complaining.

Entitlement is a bitch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have never seen a non-white woman called a 'karen', so yes the reality would suggest that it is a slur targeting one's race and gender.

Unless someone can show me examples of non-white women being called 'karens', there's really no logic in denying that it's a racist and sexist slur.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh fuck off. You're being as sensitive as a balloon in a cactus field. Dragging race into things fuck off. We are white. We have been the race in power for millennia. There's literally no term we can be called that dehumanizes us because we have never suffered oppression for our pigmentation.

The only people who believe whites are oppressed and subjugated are white trash.

Stop being a sook
I hope you do realize that whites don't rule the world, nor most countries, nor are they the most populated race. I hope you realize that many civilizations have enslaved white people as well, with barbaric actions and oppression. This isn't anything new.

Blacks in America (my country, where most of the world looks to and claims is racist) haven't been oppressed in decades. Sure, there are actual racists in the world of all races, but they are few and far between.People who would support the KKK, for example,couldn't even fill a high school gym. People conflate what it means to be a racist by masking heritage and pride as a form of supremacy, all the while promoting actual black supremacy. This isn't a joke. This is easily demonstrated by replacing phrases blacks use and applying it to whites. "White is King," for example, could never be seen as anything other than white supremacy. Saying "white lives matter," while not controversial, would be seen as a hate crime to people on the left.

The original poster has a point, but I don't know if people are understanding it or if he isn't articulating it properly. I personally see nothing wrong with calling someone a Karen, whether because they are white or act a specific way. Stereotypes are generally done for a reason and aren't really that offensive towards me, even if directed at me. So someone like me, who sees nothing wrong with it, isn't going to say stop using Karen as a slur against white women. However, the people who are using that, would be against a Karen calling a black male a thug or even a thief (even if he is legitimately caught stealing).That double standard is annoying and has no place in the world. If one is allowed, the other should be as well, or neither should be. You cannot have it both ways and not be hypocritical. But then again, if the left isn't hypocritical, what are they?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I hope you do realize that whites don't rule the world, nor most countries, nor are they the most populated race. I hope you realize that many civilizations have enslaved white people as well, with barbaric actions and oppression. This isn't anything new.

Blacks in America (my country, where most of the world looks to and claims is racist) haven't been oppressed in decades. Sure, there are actual racists in the world of all races, but they are few and far between.People who would support the KKK, for example,couldn't even fill a high school gym. People conflate what it means to be a racist by masking heritage and pride as a form of supremacy, all the while promoting actual black supremacy. This isn't a joke. This is easily demonstrated by replacing phrases blacks use and applying it to whites. "White is King," for example, could never be seen as anything other than white supremacy. Saying "white lives matter," while not controversial, would be seen as a hate crime to people on the left.

The original poster has a point, but I don't know if people are understanding it or if he isn't articulating it properly. I personally see nothing wrong with calling someone a Karen, whether because they are white or act a specific way. Stereotypes are generally done for a reason and aren't really that offensive towards me, even if directed at me. So someone like me, who sees nothing wrong with it, isn't going to say stop using Karen as a slur against white women. However, the people who are using that, would be against a Karen calling a black male a thug or even a thief (even if he is legitimately caught stealing).That double standard is annoying and has no place in the world. If one is allowed, the other should be as well, or neither should be. You cannot have it both ways and not be hypocritical. But then again, if the left isn't hypocritical, what are they?
Like I said in another thread the left is as corrupt as the Republicans. The right are just far more open about it. They have the decency to stab you in the front while the left pretend to be your friend before stabbing you in the back. The only polly I trust is the west Australian premier and that's because he protected west Australians from the rona with hard borders.

I was more talking about the western first world countries and it's not a political thing it's more a generational thing. Racist behaviors is a cycle.

People seem to be way more brazen with toxic attitudes in modern society. White, black, Asian whatever the Internet has given the worst of the worst a platform to show they should have been swallowed

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I have never seen a non-white woman called a 'karen', so yes the reality would suggest that it is a slur targeting one's race and gender.

Unless someone can show me examples of non-white women being called 'karens', there's really no logic in denying that it's a racist and sexist slur.
it is. People just get pissy when they don't want to accept the truth. it's a dumb buzzword like "boomer" except this one targets people for race.

·
The face that runs the List
10,750 Posts
I find it baffling to specify if a shop is black-owned on Google and that being white automatically makes you wrong when you want to debate it. I don't get the ongoing hate against white men. I thought black people and women wanted equality, not supremacy.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,661 Posts
No it isn't. It is a term to belittle dumb, slutty, entitled and annoying single mothers.
What u on?? My mam brought me up from 12 due my parents getting divorced, done a great job, I wouldn't be in a fortunate position of being able to recover from another life threatening illness if I was learned stuff ie work hard, save and always manners. Served me great this last 36years I know this as I've been ready to throw the towel in as my body is fecked due to having seizures constantly, but then I hear her voice in my head, get up and keep,pushing.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts