Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh please. STFU.

All these bitches need to have a shit taken on their heads.
and so do these, would these be Karens?

you can get upset and tell me to STFU and fuck off like the other poster. doesn't take away from the fact that it's a RACIST slur that NORMALIZES people mocking and being racist against whites. Facts not feelings.

·
Registered
839 Posts
You haven't made one argument or point. Poor attempt at trolling.

I'm not white lol, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. and your response isn't that surprising as I stated there are white apologists literally dropping to their knees and apologizing for being white. and don't tell me to fuck off jus because you're triggered. thanks :)
What fucking hypocrisy? I'm not an apoligist. I'm just sick of the bullshit people keep spreading. I'm 29 years old almost and in all my years I've never seen white people be treated like shit on a vast scale.

Jesus christ man you're acting like whites are being forced in to slavery right now.

If you want Karen to be a name again. Tell hysterical white women to stop wetting their pants every time a black guy waves at them

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
It's more of a misogynistic slur in my opinion, but there's definitely a racial component to it.

The responses to this thread are part of the problem. Imagine if someone started a thread saying "Thug is a racist slur", and people responded

"Shut up thug"
"Can't anyone of any color be a thug as it's a term given based on attitude/actions?"
"LOL thugs are so angry over everything"
"OP is a thug"
"LOL such a thug thing to say"
"If you don't like it tell black people to stop acting like thugs"

I know there's a difference in context, but qualitatively these responses are no different. They're devoid of any intellectual case, they're just bullying the OP. OP complains about what they perceive as an ethnic slur and the slur is used to try to silence them.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
It's more of a misogynistic slur in my opinion, but there's definitely a racial component to it.

The responses to this thread are part of the problem. Imagine if someone started a thread saying "Thug is a racist slur", and people responded

"Shut up thug"
"Can't anyone of any color be a thug as it's a term given based on attitude/actions?"
"OP is a thug"

I know there's a difference in context, but qualitatively these responses are no different. They're devoid of any intellectual case, they're just bullying the OP. OP complains about what they perceive as an ethnic slur and the slur is used to try to silence them.
I’m not saying you, or OP for that matter, are wrong or that there aren’t double standards, but like I said in a previous post, I’m pretty certain that we (white people) are the ones that started it, so I feel like it’s a bit different. It was, in my personal experience, a name that was rooted in the “can I speak to your manager” haircut and attitude. It’s just easier to say “Karen” than “can I speak to your manager lady” :shrug

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I’m not saying you, or OP for that matter, are wrong or that there aren’t double standards, but like I said in a previous post, I’m pretty certain that we (white people) are the ones that started it, so I feel like it’s a bit different.
I don't know about you, but I was always taught that it's wrong to class people by their race and have different standards of behaviour for them. I've always thought we ought not to treat people positively or negatively based on traits about themselves that they cannot help.

It was, in my personal experience, a name that was rooted in the “can I speak to your manager” haircut and attitude. It’s just easier to say “Karen” than “can I speak to your manager lady” :shrug
Why not just criticise the behaviour instead of traits you associate with it? People should be able to have a haircut or be a certain race or sex without being abused for it.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I don't know about you, but I was always taught that it's wrong to class people by their race and have different standards of behaviour for them. I've always thought we ought not to treat people positively or negatively based on traits about themselves that they cannot help.

Why not just criticise the behaviour instead of traits you associate with it? People should be able to have a haircut or be a certain race or sex without being abused for it.
Fair enough, but a haircut is a choice and not a trait, so joking about people’s haircuts isn’t offensive to me. And again, it’s not that I’m saying ALL white women are like that, it’s a very specific type. Again, I know it’s a double standard, but it’s something we, as white people, came up with to describe a certain type of white person, so it’s just not that offensive to me. Now, I agree with OP that there are a lot of whites who have white guilt or enjoy virtue signaling, or whatever, by always talking about how bad white people are, but I don’t think this is one of those cases. Sure, for some people, but not for me or others like me.

If people of color want to make up a name for the types that always demand to speak to managers and have an inflated view of themselves, have at it.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
and so do these, would these be Karens?

you can get upset and tell me to STFU and fuck off like the other poster. doesn't take away from the fact that it's a RACIST slur that NORMALIZES people mocking and being racist against whites. Facts not feelings.
Yes, they are all Karens. Karen has nothing to do with race but everything to do with entitled people (mostly women) that are so stupid and thinks the world owes them everything but only deserve to be mocked and ridiculed for their obnoxiousness. The fact they are mostly white is inconsequential. Shit, I know a couple of guys that qualify as Karens. Maybe it makes them less of a man but they are annoying little bitches.

Hope that clears shit up.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
What fucking hypocrisy? I'm not an apoligist. I'm just sick of the bullshit people keep spreading. I'm 29 years old almost and in all my years I've never seen white people be treated like shit on

"Shut up thug"
"OP is a thug"

It's because apologists will try to silence or shame you for speaking out on stuff like that. It's the sheep cancel culture. The same type of attitude on Twitter. You can saw anything about white people but any criticism of another skin color will be looked at as racist.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes, they are all Karens. Karen has nothing to do with race but everything to do with entitled people (mostly women) that are so stupid and thinks the world owes them everything but only deserve to be mocked and ridiculed for their obnoxiousness. The fact they are mostly white is inconsequential. Shit, I know a couple of guys that qualify as Karens. Maybe it makes them less of a man but they are annoying little bitches.

Hope that clears shit up.
BS, I posted the WORD by WORD definition of "Karen". Guess you missed it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Again @Krin you're upset over nothing. Admittedly I snapped at you and I'm sorry. But for real there's hardly any racism towards white people. Obviously you have a few bad eggs but we don't have any derogatory term that carries pain with it..

Honky isn't offensive. Cracker is a food. Wigga is only offensive because it's said by racist white people who hate black rap culture and think said white person is betraying the race. Nazi or skinhead is more an idealogy thing.

How is Karen even remotely damaging? Is it going to be said by guys in black robes before someone gets lynched? Will it lead to black cops kneeling on necks? Will it become a new police code? Driving while Karen?

The only people I've seen offended by it are old folks who take shots at pocs anyway

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
BS, I posted the WORD by WORD definition of "Karen". Guess you missed it.
Urban Dictionary is like Wikipedia. Not always the most credible source. And Karens aren’t just limited to middle-aged White women. Men can be Karens too. Karen is a frame of mind and they can be all mocked

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I've never been discriminated against for being white and I've been alive for nearly 29 years. So therefore saying the majority of white people are abused makes 0 sense to me.

How the fuck are white people worse off than black or Asian people? Explain that? Instead of being an asshole
Not so fast my friend.

We are from the same country our indigenous folk get all sorts of leg ups that we could technically class as discrimination against whites.

Let me throw some examples your way

- Universities have a certain quota that they need to fill for Indigenous people. This means an Indigenous person might be grossly underqualified to do a course but get a spot before a much better suited white person based on race alone.

- We literally have doctor surgeries, medical centres and probably hospitals also dedicated just to indigenous folk and their needs funded by the Australian tax payer (Predominantly white people).

- More welfare given based on nothing but race.

- Free education based on race (TAFE only I believe)

- Courts are much more harsher on Asians and White people as opposed to African's or Indigenous Australian people.

---

Also, what part of Australia are you from? There is a video on YouTube of Aboriginal people literally throwing rocks at a camera crew for peacefully filming presumably because it was a couple of white people and Indians and they didn't like it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
When I hear the term "Karen" I think of a White female usually middle-ageish. Seems pretty harmless though. I'm sure there are "Karens" of other races too just not called a "Karen". A "Karen" of any color is some entitled, mouthy, overly-opinionated broad who you are better off avoiding.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Not so fast my friend.

We are from the same country our indigenous folk get all sorts of leg ups that we could technically class as discrimination against whites.

Let me throw some examples your way

- Universities have a certain quota that they need to fill for Indigenous people. This means an Indigenous person might be grossly underqualified to do a course but get a spot before a much better suited white person based on race alone.

- We literally have doctor surgeries, medical centres and probably hospitals also dedicated just to indigenous folk and their needs funded by the Australian tax payer (Predominantly white people).

- More welfare given based on nothing but race.

- Free education based on race (TAFE only I believe)

- Courts are much more harsher on Asians and White people as opposed to African's or Indigenous Australian people.

---

Also, what part of Australia are you from? There is a video on YouTube of Aboriginal people literally throwing rocks at a camera crew for peacefully filming presumably because it was a couple of white people and Indians and they didn't like it.

West Australia predominantly Perth area. Yeah I know about that. Some of those examples admittedly are out of whack. And I think the concessions some leaders want to propose are stupid. Like Australia day date chw

But the majority of aboriginal people I've met never play the race card and are just the same occasional assholr we all are. I'm not denying their aren't morons who abuse the system but white Australians aren't as hard done by as geezers like Clive palmer would have you believe

As far as that video is concerned like I said the majority aren't thugs. The majority of old white people from Australia that I see on Facebook when talking about race issues in Australia I see do happen to be racists who think all aborigines are paint sniffing, child abusing, women raping, murdering monkeys.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Well firstly it's unfair on the actual ladies named Karen in the world. Would suck to be an 'innocent' Karen.

Secondly, lets not pretend the slur or whatever you want to call it isn't a white thing. It absolutely is, I've never seen any video or meme where the woman isn't white. How many black women are named Karen anyway?

Thirdly if you'll permit me to engage in some whataboutism - there is/was a stereotype of the 'angry black woman', especially in movies and other media. Would it be okay to start calling ranting angry black women a name like 'Aliayah' or something...

21 - 40 of 58 Posts