Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kanye-west-13th-amendment_us_5bb1f4a1e4b0343b3dc1f15f?utm_source=main_fb&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Kanye West on Sunday called for abolishing the constitutional amendment that outlawed slavery, prompting some celebrities to suggest the rapper had been emancipated from his senses.

Following his pro-Donald Trump speech on “Saturday Night Live,” a MAGA-hat-wearing West tweeted a convoluted message that included a plea against the outsourcing of jobs and, curiously, a call to “abolish” the 13th Amendment. That’s the one that outlaws slavery and involuntary servitude.
I have no idea how to post tweets, so please, anyone that wants to post the tweets from this article feel free to do so.

I honestly thought this was a troll article when I first saw the headline. But yeah...Kanye genuinely believes this. I just don't know and can't with this man.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
I thought this was gonna be about Kanye arguing with Kim re: band-aids.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
I think he was talking about the part where the 13th amendment says involuntary servitude as punishment for crimes is okay.

Which is fucked up and is the legal justification for prisoners being forced to work.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
shrug. There are a bunch of idiots in the world. Kanye just has the recognition to publicize his idiocy if he so chooses. Not like anyone's going to take him up on this as a serious issue.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,121 Posts
I have someone very close to me who insists Kanye is a genius. He knows I can't stand him and is joking about buying me Yeezys. I haven't asked him about this latest nonsense.
I mean musically and when it comes to production, sure. But anything else would baffle me tbh.

Hopefully you're friend is just messing with you :lol

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kanye-west-13th-amendment_us_5bb1f4a1e4b0343b3dc1f15f?utm_source=main_fb&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

I have no idea how to post tweets, so please, anyone that wants to post the tweets from this article feel free to do so.

I honestly thought this was a troll article when I first saw the headline. But yeah...Kanye genuinely believes this. I just don't know and can't with this man.
Are you surprised? He is as dumb as Trump.

·
Devil's Blood
3,370 Posts
It saddens me how much I liked him as an artist at one point and how much of a hack he has been post 2010. The stunts he does, the things he says and everything he claims he stands for is pre-fabricated for hype purposes which I don't quite get considering everything before 2010 was well received and critically acclaimed? You didn't need added controversy.

The moment he married into the Kardashian Family I knew it was over. His music has been shit to me since Yeezus anyways. The last album I partially enjoyed was My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and 808's is still his greatest piece of work to me and it looks like it's always gonna be that way too.

Oh well.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Kanye West is right. Ironically, from the same source you used:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/angela-f-chan/america-never-abolished-slavery_b_6777420.html

- Vic
Sounds like he took a popular position that a lot of Democrats would agree with, he just said it in a confusing way and while wearing a Trump hat and so people are upset.

Meh.
Stop ruining the opportunity to shit on a celebrity based on deliberately misunderstanding what he said because politics.

Reactions: CamillePunk
1 - 20 of 231 Posts