Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most heel superstars, PPV usually see's the rise of the Face star. As painful as it is to watch your favourite heel superstar get beaten, it just leaves you wondering.....what's next? Why would Kane return to start a fued with someone else? It seems rather childish.

They could develop his character even more (get him doing the old fashion sit-up when he's down to get the crowd going for a starter).

Forgive me for rambling, but seeing Orton take Kane out at the last minute really annoyed me. PPV's seem to justify the "kids choice" of superstar......

So yeah, what's next for the Big Guy? As well as other heels? (Daniel Bryan, Lesnar obviously! and so on?)

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
The logical thing would be Ryder, but knowing them some random "Mark Henry-wrestler" would mention their handshake from last year and they will feud in another meaningless storyline.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@-Extra-

The sad thing is I think you're right, the reception for Kane nowadays is absolutely heart breaking stuff, the kids just arn't interested. WWE needs to start getting people in with some flare about then, costumes and all that, make it the unbelievable spectacle it once was, give it 10 years ago, I couldn't remember a wrestler with a completely bog standard attire (Bar Regal....but you've got to love him!).

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
They made him irrelevant after Elimination Chamber and that has caused me to stop caring. WWE seems unable to handle a monster heel properly. They ruined Lesnar before he even got started just so kids can sleep easy.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
@-Extra-

The sad thing is I think you're right, the reception for Kane nowadays is absolutely heart breaking stuff, the kids just arn't interested. WWE needs to start getting people in with some flare about then, costumes and all that, make it the unbelievable spectacle it once was, give it 10 years ago, I couldn't remember a wrestler with a completely bog standard attire (Bar Regal....but you've got to love him!).
Masked Kane returned in a bad way, his first feud - he lost against Cena. That immediately killed and momentum "the mask" may have had and just made it look like its the same bald Kane from last year only with a mask.
The other thing that was a mistake is that they have let Kane cut way too many promos. A guy who is portrayed as Devils favorite demon shouldn't be talking every week for 5-10 minutes. That kills the mystical aura around him. Let him popup unannounced, raise hell in the ring and leave instead of promos. Look at Kane's first few years, he didn't talk (sure he was "unable" to speak, but still.. ) he was a frightening character and everyone shat his pants when they would see Kane coming their way.
The Rise Above hate was ok in substance but it had bad timing, a PPV before WM as Cena had to win to make him look strong for Wrestlemania. The feud with Orton was totally random, it had a terrible starting point, and elements like Cowboy Bob Orton and Paul Bearer were already used in Orton vs Taker and Kane vs edge, so it made it look like a rehash of older feuds, an remake so to speak.

I seriously think that Ryder feud would be the best for Kane as it may have a good starting point with Kane destroying Ryder, making him humble, causing him to lose the US title and his girl and everything that happened afterwards.
Either that or Henry, as I believe he was the guy (was it Mark Henry?) who injured Kane last Summer, but they both are heel.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Kane won at Wrestlemania! Plus, Randy needed to win this match. He has become irrelevant as of late.

Massive facepalm for the OP.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
He's probably going to help one of the new guy, like he did with mvp back in the day. I hope we don't have a feud with khali or Show.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,441 Posts
Kane's momentum dropped about as hard as he did when Cena FU'd him off the ambulance. The feud with Orton was such a random thing that nobody really cared. I was surprised that Kane actually won at 'Mania because I expected the whole thing to be dropped and Orton to get the win.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another point! Every time Kane wins the audience seems MUTED.....people really need to get back into Kane, one of the last interesting characters in the WWE.

·
Banned
882 Posts
People will never learn. Fans been saying Kane's career is dead or that he has lost all momentum since he lost at WM 14. And yet, he is still here on the main roster 14 years later. He should challenge Sheamus for the belt, that would make a good powerhouse match at OTL.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Kane has been neutered a lot.

Its always nice to remember Kane piledriving linda mcmahon or zapping shane's balls, or going back even further, when he slapped Vader with a wrench but those days are over.

I think Kane should move into a mentor like position. I think the "embracing the hate" story line should be resurrected but used on guys who haven't met their full potential yet. Perhaps try it on Brodus Clay (considering at one point he was a monster heel) or Wade Barrett, this could be a return to how Undertaker mentored Big Show and attempted to reawaken Show's evil, destructive nature.

The Kane character has grown a lot and its time to utilize that wisdom. Instead of his jobbing to guys, he should perhaps be recruiting them or out & out mopping the floor with them, I don't really see any other way to utilize the character.

·
Registered
592 Posts
They made him irrelevant after Elimination Chamber and that has caused me to stop caring. WWE seems unable to handle a monster heel properly. They ruined Lesnar before he even got started just so kids can sleep easy.
Exactly. If WWE wanted Kane to be a monster heel on his return to the mask, he should've went over Cena in a big way @ EC. Lesnar losing to SuperCena at the last second @ ER was astonishing. You bring a guy back after 8 years, pay him millions and have him lose at his first PPV. W T F ? Now this storyline with HHH not allowing the contract, his 'broken' arm and Johnny Ace is even more W T F ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is it just me or is both Kane and Big Show's careers run there course. I was so glad Rhodes got the IC back, but Kane! Come on! He does cheesey jokes, and he doesn't work well with alot of the current superstars (both matches with Cena and Orton sucked and didn't flow). I'm sorry but bother wrestlers need to go.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Masked Kane returned in a bad way, his first feud - he lost against Cena. That immediately killed and momentum "the mask" may have had and just made it look like its the same bald Kane from last year only with a mask.
The other thing that was a mistake is that they have let Kane cut way too many promos. A guy who is portrayed as Devils favorite demon shouldn't be talking every week for 5-10 minutes. That kills the mystical aura around him. Let him popup unannounced, raise hell in the ring and leave instead of promos. Look at Kane's first few years, he didn't talk (sure he was "unable" to speak, but still.. ) he was a frightening character and everyone shat his pants when they would see Kane coming their way.
The Rise Above hate was ok in substance but it had bad timing, a PPV before WM as Cena had to win to make him look strong for Wrestlemania. The feud with Orton was totally random, it had a terrible starting point, and elements like Cowboy Bob Orton and Paul Bearer were already used in Orton vs Taker and Kane vs edge, so it made it look like a rehash of older feuds, an remake so to speak.

I seriously think that Ryder feud would be the best for Kane as it may have a good starting point with Kane destroying Ryder, making him humble, causing him to lose the US title and his girl and everything that happened afterwards.
Either that or Henry, as I believe he was the guy (was it Mark Henry?) who injured Kane last Summer, but they both are heel.
Yeah Kane shouldn't talk that much . " if I loose I will set myself on fire" .....God Kane was awesome in the nineties !!!

·
Premium Member
44,387 Posts
What more is there to do with Kane?

At this point they need to start looking for the next Kane. Kane is spinning his wheels and just repeating the same storylines over and over again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts