Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His gimmick now: The Devil's Favorite Demon.

I'd like to know, does anybody else feel that this gimmick is getting extremely stale?

It worked out when he was feuding with the Undertaker. The WWE built him up to be an unstoppable monster. But then Edge entered the picture, and started making Kane look human again all of the sudden. The angle was lost right there. He needs a gimmick change.

I believe that the WWE would be able to go much farther with Kane right now if he had a more "human evil," gimmick. What I mean by that is make him psychopathic, sort of like Mick Foley. Make him a character that just enjoys toying with his opponents. A character that enjoys dishing out pain to his opponents, and enjoys feeling the pain all the same.

Examples of where I thought Kane's WHC title reign was best are where he acted like this crazed man. For instance when he was cutting one of his insane promos and he mentioned holding his goldfish above the bowl and watching it gasp for air, slowly slipping into death. He enjoyed that. Or when he caught Rey Mysterio mid-moonsault at TLC, Tombstone him, and proceeded to laugh about it.

It just added this new life to his character. I'd like to know what the rest of you think about his gimmick and what you would do with it if you had the choice.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I think you're right about the psychopathic gimmick, I like the way Kane was portrayed in 2003-early 2004. But at this point I think Kane is stale no matter what he does.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
If he's the Devil's Favorite Demon, then the Devil must like some pretty stupid demons....

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
He has had a gimmick change, in everything but name. Did you notice all those fancy powers of his disappeared? During the Taker feud, he could teleport. Remember that one? Now, against Edge, forget about it. He can't even run fast enough to catch a broken down man pushing a fat guy in a wheelchair, let alone teleport.

Trust me. The change is already done.

·
Charismatic Enigma
4,103 Posts
He has had a gimmick change, in everything but name. Did you notice all those fancy powers of his disappeared? During the Taker feud, he could teleport. Remember that one? Now, against Edge, forget about it. He can't even run fast enough to catch a broken down man pushing a fat guy in a wheelchair, let alone teleport.

Trust me. The change is already done.
lol'd. Edge v.s Kane was silly...seriously

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
If he's the Devil's Favorite Demon, then the Devil must like some pretty stupid demons....
:lmao Seriously. Hell must be a joke if Kane's the top dude down there...

For real though, Kane's gimmick is very stale, and it has gotten to the point where his gimmick (and Undertaker's for that matter) are so outlandish, that you can't put them in feuds with other superstars because it simply...doesn't work. The whole "super natural" gimmick is on the opposite end of the spectrum from everything else WWE is moving towards and trying to do with the rest of their talent, that Kane and Undertaker almost...don't fit.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Taker's gimmick is being indomitable, especially at Wrestlemania. That will be relevant until Taker (maybe) loses. Kane's gimmick is a fat bald guy, dosen't work really well. Maybe Kane should improve his gimmick by wearing a shirt.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
His gimmick now: The Devil's Favorite Demon.

I'd like to know, does anybody else feel that this gimmick is getting extremely stale?

It worked out when he was feuding with the Undertaker. The WWE built him up to be an unstoppable monster. But then Edge entered the picture, and started making Kane look human again all of the sudden. The angle was lost right there. He needs a gimmick change.

I believe that the WWE would be able to go much farther with Kane right now if he had a more "human evil," gimmick. What I mean by that is make him psychopathic, sort of like Mick Foley. Make him a character that just enjoys toying with his opponents. A character that enjoys dishing out pain to his opponents, and enjoys feeling the pain all the same.

Examples of where I thought Kane's WHC title reign was best are where he acted like this crazed man. For instance when he was cutting one of his insane promos and he mentioned holding his goldfish above the bowl and watching it gasp for air, slowly slipping into death. He enjoyed that. Or when he caught Rey Mysterio mid-moonsault at TLC, Tombstone him, and proceeded to laugh about it.

It just added this new life to his character. I'd like to know what the rest of you think about his gimmick and what you would do with it if you had the choice.
Who still honestly cares about Kane as a whole... Other than the pyro and the music... what's there to like about him?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
He used to be a demented dentist.....how about if he becomes a greasy proctologist? Instead of making fire, he could give us all the finger? He could take Vince's old "kiss my ass club" and turn it into his "up your ass club".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts