Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there are quite a few folks on here who are, or were, Kane fans.. I also noticed some of you have found some pretty cool photos from back then too.. Ive searched every name associated with Kane I could think of on google/yahoo, and found some interesting photos, but im sure there are a few on here who have some good ones, or who are capable of finding some pretty nice photo sets...

So I just wanted to create a thread for us who either still like, or used to like Kane, can post photo's, videos or just talk about the character in general.. Maybe your favorite Kane moment, segment, feud, attire/mask, return, just whatever...

But im not very talented with re sizing photos and keeping good image quality, so when I want to find photos of Kane from back then, ( like close range photos of the mask/upper body area ) I have to search with the Large or Medium photo setting and it really kills your results... I've also in the past found some really cool photos of Kane at signings, appearances, and he always wore the mask and hair in a ponytail.. Hard to find those though, can't seem to just type in what your looking for and find it lol..

By the way, how do you find a photo online and post it on here? I can't for the love of God figure out how to get the actual photo posted on here... Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Find the picture. Click on it. Click full size image. Right click on the URL bar at the top and click copy. Or find a way to copy link location.

On the forum find the picture icon. Insert image. Delete the http:// and paste the link in it's place.

Hit preview. If it's there. Hit reply.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
To me the Kane's Story is the second best all time only second to Austin Vs Vince, but it was short lived and could have probably been the best if properly followed. Now it just sucks sorry to say, but I always have a sweet spot for the Big red machine, so I am a loyal fan of his.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

Thank you, about time I get it to work lol!!! Thanks for that picture too. Ive always found it odd, ( I know it was ALWAYS him btw ) to look at him unmasked and bald, and then look back at the old masked pictures.. Just looks so different but I guess being bald can do that to a person lol.. But its cool cause with certain close up pictures you can look at the eyes and notice the similarities, and the closeups that show his nose/mustache really good, you can tell thats his nose and the mustache looks identical as well. Seems like with the earlier Kane masks/attires you can really tell its Glen, and as the years went on, besides the voice, it just looked totally different. New masks/attire is the reason for most of that I guess.

And I agree on the storylines, I just watch him now because im a big fan but I hate the gimmicks/feuds they give him.

But these close up shots with the mask are badass, they definately nailed trying to disguise Kane really good cause I would have never guessed it was Glen back then lol.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Kane will always be one of my favourites. Just wish he won more feuds.

Reactions: MrJamesJepsan

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Kane is an awesome guy in reality, and one of the most awesome developments of a superstar WWE have witnessed. You don't offen see 7 foot tall, built superstars. :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Awesome thread!
I was just about to create a thread like this one! Luckily I saw this one before I created one :lol

I have been a Kane fan since the moment he walked down the ramp @ Bad Blood 97'.
It still kill me to this day why Kane isn't mentioned in the same sentence as Stone Cold, Hogan, Rock, Taker, HHH. Instead he is mentioned in the same sentence as Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit etc... dont get me wrong these guys are awesome but I have always believed that Kane has and always will be alongside the biggest WWE superstars of all-time.

What I have noticed is Kane gets a lot of hate these days because of his "Lack of" in ring talent yet people love Zack Ryder, a goof that doesn't even and will never be in the same league as Kane.

Zack Ryder has average mic skills, goofy character and average in ring skills. Whereas Kane has charisma, great mic skills, great character and way above average in ring skills. (Y)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Kane really is one of the reasons I still watch wrestling. He was the first wrestler that I became a fan of, and while I am huge fan of so many wrestlers that have came and gone, I am extremely grateful that my original favorite STILL competes to this day. Kane truly is a legend and to me it seems like he may have more years ahead of him! There's a pretty good youtube channel with lots of Kane stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/SevenFootMonster22?feature=g-all-u

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I wonder how Glen walked around @ airports back in late 90s/early 00's.
Surly he wasn't wearing his mask... I mean it's illegal to cover your face when entering a plane..right?

If he wasn't wearing his mask at airports surely the fans that went to the airport to greet the wrestlers see a big guy that they haven't see before and say.. that's gotta be Kane.... THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE (sorry had to do it :lol). Surly they would have taken a pic of him!

(Y)

·
Registered
581 Posts
My first exposure to Kane was when he and Mankind were tag champions.

I remember thinking how cool they looked as a tag team.

·
Banned
914 Posts
I'd still consider Kane's character progression from his debut until much of '98 as amongst the best I had seen as a wrestling fan.

Just a pure kick ass monster. He was probably the only guy booked as a mentally unstable "monster" destroyer and actually felt like one.

1 - 20 of 463 Posts