Wrestling Forum banner

Kane

3029 Views 33 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Riddle101
I haven't seen threads like this: Kane was the best WHC Smackdown ever had
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
I wish that instead of the mask-removal angle, Kane had just left WWE for a few years, came back as a complete surprise in a royal rumble, cleaned house and then won the thing, then won a title at wrestlemania...that would have been sweet.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
Off the top of my head:

Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Big Show, Punk, JBL, Booker T, Cena, Jericho.

All of these reigns were leagues better than Kane's reign.
Hell, even Jack Swagger probably did more for the belt than Kane did.

· Premium Member
5,030 Posts
Well I do agree, Kane's last run with the title wasn't as better as the others but I do think that it has been awhile since we've seen him hold a heavyweight championship that long. Last time, I've seen him hold one was the ECW championship but I'm not even sure if it had a world title status at that point. The very last time I've seen Kane hold a WWE title was way back in '98 and he hasn't won it ever since.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
I enjoyed Kane's reign more then most. After all the work Kane has done for the company and after how loyal he has been Glen Jacob definitely deserved a world title run.

Having said that he wasn't ever close to the best WHC smackdown has ever had.

· Registered
161 Posts
Off the top of my head:

Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Big Show, Punk, JBL, Booker T, Cena, Jericho.

All of these reigns were leagues better than Kane's reign.
Hell, even Jack Swagger probably did more for the belt than Kane did.
YO HOW MANY WERE BOOKED TO BEAT UNDERTAKER AT 3 PPVS IN A ROW?

Do you realize guys like Cena and Orton wont even be booked to beat Taker at 3 ppvs in a row, there lucky to have 1 win over Taker at a ppv. IM JUST SAYIN I KNOW ITS FAKE BUT STILL, WWE MUST HAVE FAITH IN KANE TO GO OVER TAKER at 3 PPVS IN A ROW?

· Registered
914 Posts
YO HOW MANY WERE BOOKED TO BEAT UNDERTAKER AT 3 PPVS IN A ROW?

Do you realize guys like Cena and Orton wont even be booked to beat Taker at 3 ppvs in a row, there lucky to have 1 win over Taker at a ppv. IM JUST SAYIN I KNOW ITS FAKE BUT STILL, WWE MUST HAVE FAITH IN KANE TO GO OVER TAKER at 3 PPVS IN A ROW?
Taker is his mate, he wanted to put Kane over.

· Registered
914 Posts
Edge's WHC reign as part of La Familia was the best reign I thought, especially when he walked into Mania 24 as champion to face the Undertaker.

Swagger's reign was the worst, although that was down to his booking, he was over as a heel, remember when the fans booed him so much he couldn't even speak?

· Registered
611 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
he was certainly better than Edge.

Even past his prime Kane is still a belieaveable Monster Heel.
Too true. But seems like he's getting a bit past his prime to pull it off properly. Maybe one last serious monster heel reign would be a good retirement.

Kane's reign as champion was boring as hell, which was a shame because I had high hopes for him at the start, it was unexpected and fresh but after about 2 weeks I was bored. His promo's were boring, his character got boring about 8 years ago and nobody's interested anymore.
I was really hoping for him to just go old skool Kane and beat down everyone. It was too slow, boring, his promo's dragged and the feud with Taker had to be one of the worst Taker feuds ever.

He deserved another title run for his great contributions, although he is waaaay past it on the mic and in the ring now. He'll retire at Mania or at next year's. Don't want Taker-Kane though, the three matches they had in the autumn were poor.
He did deserve the title run but he did it completely wrong. Why he wasn't booked as a Monster heel champ I don't know. But it was boring.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,711 Posts
I wish that instead of the mask-removal angle, Kane had just left WWE for a few years, came back as a complete surprise in a royal rumble, cleaned house and then won the thing, then won a title at wrestlemania...that would have been sweet.
I actually kind've agree with your idea. However I would have had it, that at Wresltmania the Undertaker could have done something to him as punishment by locking him in a casket and getting the druids to bring him away, never to be seen for long time. Then have him make a huge return and push him to the moon. Things might have worked out better if that was how things went, instead of watching him go nowhere after Mania.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.