Wrestling Forum banner

Kane retire?

4373 30
just wondering wen anyone thinks Kane will retire?what age is he now?and if he will give the mask a run before he finishes his career?
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Proud Pastafarian =)
4,086 Posts
He should have retired since 03

He lost all his prestige once the mask was removed

· Registered
206 Posts
I imagine that he'll retire sometime in the next few years. He's had a very good career in WWE and he finally got the good world championship reign that all of his fans wanted to see. Why a final run with the mask, though? It isn't needed at all. I don't think they should have ever taken the mask off, but now that it's off, why would he put it back on? Makes no sense to me.

· Registered
561 Posts
I think Kane will be relevent for another year and then I think the WWE will semi-retire him, and he'll make occasional surprise appearances to go against other big men and get them over or be an entrant in the EC stuff like that. I don't see another Main event run in his future unless its a final showdown with Taker.

· Registered
2,515 Posts
I dont think he sohuld retire, but I wouldnt mind seeing him take a long absence. Like 1-2 years. Take some deserved time off. Get in really good shape (get rid of that gut if possible) and come back for one more good run. I think him being gone will make people miss him and he would get a huge pop when he returns. He could return, destroy everyone, get one more world title run (and feud with somebody who isnt undertaker) and then retire.

· Registered
1,802 Posts
I dont think he sohuld retire, but I wouldnt mind seeing him take a long absence. Like 1-2 years. Take some deserved time off. Get in really good shape (get rid of that gut if possible) and come back for one more good run. I think him being gone will make people miss him and he would get a huge pop when he returns. He could return, destroy everyone, get one more world title run (and feud with somebody who isnt undertaker) and then retire.
He should've taken that break after Backlash 2008 IMO. He could've returned last year rejuvenated physically and mentally and his character feeling fresh heading into a fued with Taker. I'm still a fan of the guy but he's run its course now and it's hard to maintain interest in whatever he's doing on TV because his persona has been long-drawn-out.

· Registered
2,314 Posts
Kane is o.k just have a kayfabe story to put him on the shelf and when he returns it'll be the Kane with the mask crazier than ever and kicking some butt like he use to a decade ago tbh I'd love to see the mask again.

· Banned
11,291 Posts
I think its pretty obvious, he'll retire when he wants to and not when he's told to. I'd say he has another year or 2 in him before he even considers it. Wouldn't be surprised if Vince inducts him into the HOF for all his loyalty, for nearly 2 decades. As for his character I've always loved him, mask or no mask that will never change!

· Registered
1,948 Posts
Yeah, I think it's time for ol' Kaney to retire and chill.

Saw his match against uh, was it Mysterio? a few weeks ago, and his performance was just terrible. The way he couldn't kickout from a 619.
I'm glad that they let him hold THE STRAP (WHC) for a while. But I wouldn't be at all mad, sad, nor surprised if Kane begins that road towards retirement or just not wrasslin anymore.

· Registered
73 Posts
I don't see the logic in putting his mask back on? The whole point of the mask was to hide his "ugly" face, which is so ugly as a result of his childhood which his whole character was built off of! Now we've seen the face and we were all shocked at that moment at how repulsive he generally looked at the time, why put the mask back on him? Doesn't that destroy all novelty the mask has? Granted, they've done it for Rey in WCW but that's different because of his proud, lucha traditions and heritage, does Kane have a mask heritage? No :lmao

Why does he need a mask to look evil or threatening anyway? He doesn't, it's only smarks who want the mask back because you all cream over the attitude era. But back on topic, he still has a year or two and I personally think that after watching his most recent title reign, and putting on some of the best performances in his career, week in and week out, he still has a lot left in the tank. He deserves a proper send off simple because of his commitment to the WWE and his hard work. He's jobbed, he's reigned supreme, he's dominated the lower card, mid-card, tag-team division and the main event so he thoroughly deserves a proper send off and I think he deserves to be inducted for that.

He had one of the most impactful debuts in the WWE, ever, and no-one can dispute that. He's one of the best characters WWE has ever came up with, in terms of background information and he plays the role the WWE has gave him perfectly. He's had amazing feuds with the likes of Taker, RVD, Jericho and even Shane, and he can make anyone look solid in the ring. I reckon he'd stay around backstage as an agent of some kind and just help the younger talent to perfect their skills. Because if a big-man isn't quite there yet, who better to learn from than Kane. Overall, he deserves to be recognized as one of the all time greats, especially as a big man, and he needs to be rewarded so, whether that be through an amazing send off or a HoF inductee. But as I said, I feel wrestlemania 29 or 30 will be when he retires for good, I hope so anyway.

· Registered
317 Posts
I completely agree with Revolution's post above. Kane has really done it all - from his impressive debut to being a Grand Slam Champion, possibly being the greatest ever Royal Rumble competitor and having one of the most feared gimmicks of all time...even Hogan and Rock acknowledged how scary he was:

Given his size, age and what he has put his body through over the years, Kane's athleticism still impresses me. Within the ring he was one of my favourite performers and by putting people over now instead of cementing his position as a legend he is only doing the right thing for the business. Of course that makes him look weaker now, but real wrestling fans will not forget the legacy of the Big Red Machine. Moreover, Glenn Jacobs seems a genuinely nice guy outside of the ring so I find it hard not to root for him.

With regards to his retirement, surely it is only a matter of time. Kane deserved to win many more World Championships in the past, so I'm glad his run last year was a decent one. He's an under-appreciated star but I hope they will give him an appropriate send-off. A double-retirement along with Taker might be fitting, as long as they don't steal each others' thunder.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.