Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand why they are putting Kane in all of these feuds just to lose in the end. This new resurrected Kane character isn't developing at all. His feud with Orton wasn't too bad, but it ultimately ended with him getting RandomKO'd.

They need to have him just absolutely destroy anyone on the roster. No one in particular. Just have him come out every week to interrupt a match and just have him clear house everytime. I like Kane, I've always been a fan. But with his new character I just can't take him serious as a wrestler.

He would be much more believable as someone who just comes in and destroys superstars rather than having feuds and matches. I also know that this is possibly his last run, so I really think WWE should be letting him dominate superstars rather than try putting over the Mega faces already (Orton/Cena/Punk)

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I don't understand why they are putting Kane in all of these feuds just to lose in the end. This new resurrected Kane character isn't developing at all. His feud with Orton wasn't too bad, but it ultimately ended with him getting RandomKO'd.
They need to have him just absolutely destroy anyone on the roster. No one in particular. Just have him come out every week to interrupt a match and just have him clear house everytime. I like Kane, I've always been a fan. But with his new character I just can't take him serious as a wrestler.

He would be much more believable as someone who just comes in and destroys superstars rather than having feuds and matches. I also know that this is possibly his last run, so I really think WWE should be letting him dominate superstars rather than try putting over the Mega faces already (Orton/Cena/Punk)

This is how Kane has been booked since the first time he took the mask off, outside his few month WHC run a couple years ago. And from everything I have heard and read thats how Kane wants to be used to put over others

Plus, if he was booked like your suggesting a couple months into that and we would have a WHOLE BUNCH of people complaining on how Kane is just another boring monster heel.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I think Kane will never be that monster again as WWE have ruined his character with the Katie Vick stuff, putting him with divas in a storyline, and acting all goofy at times. Its a damn sham as Kane as that monster when he first debuted was awesome

·
Registered
647 Posts

they did that the night after Elimination Chamber when Kane came down and destroyed the tag team division in minutes...

This forum was apoplectic about it with cries of "why is someone like Kane "burying" them?!?" even though it merely served the purpose to build Kane up for his upcoming feud with Orton.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they did that the night after Elimination Chamber when Kane came down and destroyed the tag team division in minutes...

This forum was apoplectic about it with cries of "why is someone like Kane "burying" them?!?" even though it merely served the purpose to build Kane up for his upcoming feud with Orton.
And it was awesome.

This forum cries about everything. They complain 2 seconds into a promo, into a match, or complain about the color shirt Cena wears.

Kane dominating everyone in his way got him over when he first debut, so it really wouldn't hurt him to try.

·
Registered
694 Posts
It's like this: Kane's credibility is shot. But in order to get his credibility back they'd have to give him another huge push, which there is just no place for right now.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Kane's gimmick main point is all about fear, he needs to strike fear in his opponents, in and out of the ring, he needs to be more dominant no doubt about it, but he also needs to be more sick and dangerous, he recently spoke about him putting people on fire and crucify them, well he needs to be that kind of monster again, monster outside but expecially inside.

If not, he will just be a big wrestler with a fancy mask.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

Well, personally my complaint was that they should of done it BEFORE feeding him to Cena when his character still had momentum instead of when they killed off most of his heat.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
It's not 1998. Kane has no upside. He should be used to put people over, especially now that Cena killed whatever heat he might have gotten from his gimmick update. The same applies to Big Show (or at least it will in about 48 hours).

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
No, no, no. People seriously need to understand that Kane is long gone and that he serves as enhancement talent now and has done so for years. That's how WWE wants it, that's how HE wants it, there's no use in trying to massively push a guy who's likely on his last legs. Kane will always have credibility because he's Kane, that should be enough.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
It is WAY too late to push Kane. The guy will be retiring soon. New LONG TERM stars need to be created and that is NOT Kane.

It's not 1998. Kane has no upside. He should be used to put people over, especially now that Cena killed whatever heat he might have gotten from his gimmick update. The same applies to Big Show (or at least it will in about 48 hours).
This sums it up perfectly.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I just wish they would book him as someone who has learnt one simple lesson over the last 14 years.

Bitches be CRAYZEE.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Kane could lose every match from here to 2015 and still seem like a badass. Not saying that's what SHOULD happen, but he's not really at risk of losing credibility.

Just an aside: his entrance is one of my favorites in WWE history.

·
Registered
516 Posts
All the haters on this forum are gonna be bitching like never before if he wins the title HAAHHA. Punk and Bryan dont need the title, they need a career threatening injury so we wont have to fuckin look at em no more. Regardless of what anyone says, a title reign with Kane would be much more entertaining, any day of the week, rather then watching 1 of these 2 morons holding it.. I wish Kane would win the title and then AJ starts wearing Kane gear.. Maybe even the original Kane mask hahahaha..

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Random, but his clean-shaven face looks lame as hell.

Looks more threatening with the scruff.

Not to mention Glenn's extensive vocabulary kind of kills it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
All the haters on this forum are gonna be bitching like never before if he wins the title HAAHHA. Punk and Bryan dont need the title, they need a career threatening injury so we wont have to fuckin look at em no more. Regardless of what anyone says, a title reign with Kane would be much more entertaining, any day of the week, rather then watching 1 of these 2 morons holding it.. I wish Kane would win the title and then AJ starts wearing Kane gear.. Maybe even the original Kane mask hahahaha..
Dude, really? I'm a huge Kane mark too, but to insinuate that Punk and Bryan, or for that matter anybody, should suffer a career threatening injury? That's messed up. Kane does have a lot of haters, but that doesn't mean you need to feed these trolls and make all Kane fans look daffy.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Nah, I agree. He looked better with the scruff, like on his return. As for the vocabulary, I've noticed that he's lessened his use of big words since his feud with Orton/Cena. Heck, he seems to be speaking less, period. I prefer it this way.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts

Actually... him having an extensive vocabulary makes a lot of sense. When growing up he wouldnt have had much to do except work-out and READ, as he was kept locked away from society by Bearer. Although he didnt talk, he would still have been ridiculously intelligent and as he gained confidence without the mask this began to show. Plus a lot of psychos, despite being psychos, are very cunning and intelligent which is what makes them so dangerous.

I dont understand the hate for Kane. TBH I hate the 1997-2003 masked Kane marks because they give no credit to the psychological development of the character post unmasking (where you can actually see some of his best work), or even complain since the Tori era. It makes sense that he has an obsession and hatred and weird relationships with women given the way that he'd been treated by them plus the lack of a female figure growing up.

If you look at his career as a whole he potentially has the best long term character development in the history of professional wrestling.

Kane marks piss me off. They're don't look deep enough.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Actually... him having an extensive vocabulary makes a lot of sense. When growing up he wouldnt have had much to do except work-out and READ, as he was kept locked away from society by Bearer. Although he didnt talk, he would still have been ridiculously intelligent and as he gained confidence without the mask this began to show. Plus a lot of psychos, despite being psychos, are very cunning and intelligent which is what makes them so dangerous.

I dont understand the hate for Kane. TBH I hate the 1997-2003 masked Kane marks because they give no credit to the psychological development of the character post unmasking (where you can actually see some of his best work), or even complain since the Tori era. It makes sense that he has an obsession and hatred and weird relationships with women given the way that he'd been treated by them plus the lack of a female figure growing up.

If you look at his career as a whole he potentially has the best long term character development in the history of professional wrestling.

Kane marks piss me off. They're don't look deep enough.
Good post. And you're right, though sometimes, it's just nice to keep things simple and just have him come out for the sole purpose of wrecking shit. I think my issue is, that it's kinda silly to have someone with such an extensive vocabulary, in a feud with someone who seems to be lacking in the vocabulary department ala this fella: "My name... is... Randy... Orton."

Also, I actually digged how they made his burns psychological, as it just added to his already psychotic and warped sense of self.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Good post. And you're right, though sometimes, it's just nice to keep things simple and just have him come out for the sole purpose of wrecking shit. I think my issue is, that it's kinda silly to have someone with such an extensive vocabulary, in a feud with someone who seems to be lacking in the vocabulary department ala this fella: "My name... is... Randy... Orton."

Also, I actually digged how they made his burns psychological, as it just added to his already psychotic and warped sense of self.
I agree with this... and thankfully he often does reverts back to his more, silent, introverted ways, particularly recently. When he goes back to being quiet it's kind of like he's regressing back into a safe place which he understands. Which makes you think... what the fuck is going on in this freaks head now he's not talking as much? ATM he clearly doesnt know how to handle AJ which is why his gone back to the simple, yet powerful, tilt of the head.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts