Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So of course Kane has had a lot of success in his career. he has held a title 17 times. thats not bad for a character who is normally just used as a tool of destruction for whoever is in charge. not only that but he has won numerous awards. but did anyone notice he was moving kinda slow in the triple threat match let alone other matches the past few months. YES i know he has a slow style. and YES i know bryan hit him 26 times with a chair before the match started, BUT do you think maybe he is actually just getting old like Taker? Glenn Jacobs who is Kane has been wrestling since 1992. that means its been 20 years. SO my question is do you think him getting put into the triple threat match was just for the bryan story and/or maybe kane wanting one last taste of gold?

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
One last taste of gold? Why exactly? The guy was just World Champion for nearly six months about a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Glenn Jacobs has always been a really selfless dude, willing to putting other people over. I doubt he really wants a title that badly.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Heels tend to run a slower paced match. I have noticed him putting on a bit of muscle recently, could be reason he appears slower but I dont see it to be honest. He was playing the beat down yesterday.

Heaven knows id like to see him with the title, but i suspect he's just in the title picture to add that extra dimension to the punk/bryan feud. I doubt he cares too much about the title tbh, dudes had quite a career.

Maybe a WWE Title reign that lasts more than a day would be nice. Even if it was for a month. Its not like hed be the main talk of Raw anyway with Cena hogging up 50percent of the show.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I wouldn't mind if Kane won the title. He got one helluva run in 2010, I enjoyed that very much.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Kane deserves another title reign after all the guys he's put over and being one of the greatest characters he deserves to be champion again

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
his character is beyond repair kane gimmick has been crapped on and abused to death i can't take the guy seriously involved in the most abusrd storylines the last 5 years and more character ressurections then i can count, he's just a main event jobber thats all.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I agree his character was ruined after that Katie Vick storyline and then he jobbed to every talent on the roster but now hes re masked I want him to be the monster again and destroy everyone and take back the world title

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im happy this even got over 5 replies since this was my first thread. does anyone else think that he is starting to get ready to retire in the next year or two? i myself wouldnt mind seeing him form a tag team. so now my question is 1. how much longer do you think kane has? and 2. if he were to be in a tag team who would you like to see him with? or maybe he joins an already put together team to form a stable.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I want the Kane that debut to win the title >< ... No selling, destroying anything and everyone. He was just so fucking cool and badass!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kane has and always will be 1 of my top 10 favorites. i will never forget the royal rumble where he eliminated himself to escape the guys from the insane asylum. or when he said "suck it" on raw let alone spoke. im glad they brought the mask back just wish the outfit didnt look like a kindergarten class made it for halloween. lol.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Kane only held the WWE Championship for one day.

Stone Cold was given the 2001 Royal Rumble over Kane.

They never pushed Kane to the main event matches for a long time.

Injustices in my opinion. Imagine they delayed Kane's return until WrestleMania where he'd interfere in the Hell in a Cell match like he did in Bad Blood 1997 with Paul Bearer and with that old attire, but this time SAVE the Undertaker from HHH and Shawn Michaels (who try to screw Taker). That would have been the most EPIC thing especially for 20-0 and J.R commentating. Then the brothers do that Attitude Era embrace (and possibly retire together then?).

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
Yeah, I doubt Kane is sticking around to become a champ again. I think he's sticking around for the good of the company.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,409 Posts
IMO, Kane was a lost opportunity that WWE never invested in enough. He had the potential to be built up and marketed like Undertaker but WWE decided to waste him by constantly ruining his character. Putting him into crappy tag teams, giving him stupid storylines and making him a jobber for a lot of years. In 1998 and especially 1999, Kane was one of the biggest draws of that period. That just goes to show that Kane could draw and had WWE really invested in him, they could have made a lot of money off of him. But like I said, they just kept burying his character.

Sometimes I wonder if WWE deliberately buried Kane because they were afraid he might look better then Undertaker, and since Taker has always been WWE's golden boy and a gimmick they invested a lot of time in. They proberly felt happier giving everything to Taker and keeping him relevant and credible, while Kane was forced to wrestlers as a mid-carder for most of his career.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Kane only held the WWE Championship for one day.

Stone Cold was given the 2001 Royal Rumble over Kane.

They never pushed Kane to the main event matches for a long time.

Injustices in my opinion. Imagine they delayed Kane's return until WrestleMania where he'd interfere in the Hell in a Cell match like he did in Bad Blood 1997 with Paul Bearer and with that old attire, but this time SAVE the Undertaker from HHH and Shawn Michaels (who try to screw Taker). That would have been the most EPIC thing especially for 20-0 and J.R commentating. Then the brothers do that Attitude Era embrace (and possibly retire together then?).
Damn, that would've been awesome...

He deserves one last title, for sure. He deserves a lot more than that.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I would mark the fuck out if Kane won the WWE title at No Way Out against Bryan and CM Punk :mark:

But sadly the chance of that happening is 0.1%.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts