Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Few Unique Records that would mean a lot to Pro-Wrestling Fans:

1. First person ever to hold WWE/WWF Title, ECW Title and World Heavyweight Title at some point in career.

2. ECW and World Heavyweight Champion in Less Than a Minute:

WrestleMania XXIV, Kane won a battle royal that earned him an ECW title shot at the event. He won the title from Chavo Guerrero in the shortest match in WrestleMania history.

At Money in the Bank 2010, he won a Money in the Bank ladder match and a few hours later won the World Heavyweight Championship from Rey Mysterio in a match that also lasted less than a minute.

Unlike Edge or Punk's victories, both these short matches came after Kane had beaten multiple superstars in top-class matches.

3. He is also a one-time Money in the Bank winner and currently holds the record for most eliminations of participants in a single Royal Rumble with 11 eliminations.

4. He holds the record for most eliminations of participants in a single Royal Rumble with 11 eliminations.

5. As a result of his participation in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania XXVI, Kane broke Bret Hart’s record of most consecutive WrestleMania matches with thirteen.

Well these records may not be that great but they just reflect what a great asset he has been to the company and how great a wrestler he is...
So Definitely in Hall-of-Fame now ?

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
He should have won that fucking Rumble but naw, Austin had to eliminate him and win.

In my opinion, Kane has always been great. But that's just me.

·
BANG BANG!
2,352 Posts
As far as monster-type characters, he'd be my number one or two if I had the initiative to work up a list. As far as all-time greats go, unfortunately no. Sure, his run in the attitude era was fucking great, but beyond that, he's just been glorified enhancement talent for the past decade, with a few shining moments that were overshadowed by a laundry list of bad storylines and booking decisions.

With that said, as happy as I am that he finally got the big gold belt after all the effort he put into putting over the future stats of the company, I feel this is a wrong-place, wrong-time type of situation. There were several people in that math that could have used the.contract to catapult them to the main event, and it would have worked out better businesses-wise than booking a past his prime, shadow of his former self, over the hill champion. Creative should have given him the belt a few years ago when he was still very over and credible, but I suppose its better he got it now than never.

Either way, Kane will be remembered as one of the greatest big men of his era, but the lowpoints in his career seem to be more remembered by many over the finest moments in his career.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
All Time Great Big Men/Monsters? Probably. All Time Greats? Nope. Hell, I wouldn't even consider Edge an all time great and he's accomplished far more than Kane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.