Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watching the SD rerun over here just now on Sky Sports and I'm sitting here open mouthed at Kane sitting in a room alone, getting mad then bursting into tears. It's like a parody of Days of our lives, if such a thing is possible.

I mean it's bad enough they're actually doing a kidnap storyline again after all these years.

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
Agreed OP - the promo was horrifically awful. I'll always have a soft spot for Kane after Rumble '01 when he tossed out 11 guys but as JenRFC said "good grief". His recent title reign was a long time coming but FML this Kane/Edge storyline is killing me.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Its ok when people don't try to sell a storyline?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Kane cried because Lita flushed his wedding ring down a toilet, and more recently cried because Taker (who he attacked) was in a vegetative state.

He's not a badass anymore.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I thought it was hilarious.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
My guess was it was just pre-taped footage of him in real life finding out what he's going back to doing as soon as this reign ends, and they accidentally edited it into a SmackDown show.

·
Banned
230 Posts
My guess was it was just pre-taped footage of him in real life finding out what he's going back to doing as soon as this reign ends, and they accidentally edited it into a SmackDown show.
Lets put this into perspective. If Kane does go back into midcard it wont be until February. Kane retains at Survivor Series and loses at TLC lets say. Kane gets a rematch at Royal Rumble cause all former champs invoke a rematch clause, its just how it is so I don't see Kane leaving the main event scene until February after the royal rumble.

But in reality I doubt Kane will go back into midcard after this feud. After beating Taker at 3 ppvs I see Kane as a long term main event guy now

BUT BUT WHAT IF KANE RETAINS AT SURVIVOR SERIES AND TLC.....the world may just end......................

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
Lets put this into perspective. If Kane does go back into midcard it wont be until February. Kane retains at Survivor Series and loses at TLC lets say. Kane gets a rematch at Royal Rumble cause all former champs invoke a rematch clause, its just how it is so I don't see Kane leaving the main event scene until February after the royal rumble.

But in reality I doubt Kane will go back into midcard after this feud. After beating Taker at 3 ppvs I see Kane as a long term main event guy now

BUT BUT WHAT IF KANE RETAINS AT SURVIVOR SERIES AND TLC.....the world may just end......................
He won 3 times in a row because after they found out Undertaker was injured, they kind of put themselves into a bind and had to figure out a way to fix their silly mess.

So they let Kane win the buried alive match, got rid of taker, "traded" for Edge, made a simple feud which turned Edge into a psycho again, and there you go.

After Kane loses the title, he's going back to midcard status or he is gonna retire, either or.

Also what WWE wanted to do was probably taker vs. del rio for the belt with Del Rio winning. Now I think team Del Rio will win at SS to keep his momentum going and he will feud with Edge for the title once he wins it off of Kane.

Also, lol for thinking he will keep the belt up too and after the rumble....... He should be forgotten by everyone after this feud he is having now..... just saying.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
hold your horses

guys lets try to make sense as of why was kane crying dry tears

he's in a very stiff situation, he beat the undertaker 3 times in a row (storyline wise, yes due to injury but the victories are there in the records), he's coming off as the dominant champ

then all of a sudden, he has his "dad" kidnapped, evil or not, its his family

and he the big red dominant monster, is finding himself in a situation where for the first time he's the one who got dominated, he's helpless, and most importantly, the kidnapping of his father is making him look weak, that's a huge strike to his ego

the segment is actually telling us more about the story, its also telling us to expect the unexpected at the ppv, or in other words, they're making us care, its a no-brainer, booking 101, the best bookin there is

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Lets put this into perspective. If Kane does go back into midcard it wont be until February.
good, so you agree. because if this isn't his retirement feud, then that's exactly where he's going back to.

Kane retains at Survivor Series and loses at TLC lets say. Kane gets a rematch at Royal Rumble cause all former champs invoke a rematch clause, its just how it is so I don't see Kane leaving the main event scene until February after the royal rumble.
um, ok, still kinda defeats the purpose because as said earlier, he IS going back to the midcard if he isn't retiring after this whole Taker thing.

will you give it up? you make this "defeating Undertaker at 3 PPVs" WAY too big of a deal than it is. he won the first against a weakened Taker, had Bearer turn on him in the 2nd, and had Nexus help him in the third.

do you see what has happened? Taker wasn't up to "full kayfabe strength" the first match, and he was screwed the next two. screwed. not beaten clean, not dominated, screwed. Kane winning three PPVs means nothing, just like anyone else getting wins at a PPV. that stuff is easily forgotten in weeks.

[BUT BUT WHAT IF KANE RETAINS AT SURVIVOR SERIES AND TLC.....the world may just end......................
then he'll continue his mediocre reign with some more mediocre promos and bad matches. hip hip hooray.

·
Registered
218 Posts
While I understand the rationale behind wanting Kane to go back to Mid-card, your perpetual and impassioned Kane-bashing is something I'll never comprehend. :confused:

·
Registered
934 Posts
I think the goal was to show that Kane is a very impulsive and emotional monster on top of being evil. He is as dangerous as ever and Edge is screwing with him. As for the promo it was executed excellently, Glen Jacobs continues to shut the IWC haters up by being ME material in 2010.

Kane vs Taker at WM again, book it.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts

Like I said in another thread, JBL managed to end up on the winning side of his feud with Taker and had near-year long reign but ended up back down in the midcard and often times he would end up getting jobbed out.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
While I understand the rationale behind wanting Kane to go back to Mid-card, your perpetual and impassioned Kane-bashing is something I'll never comprehend. :confused:
Well of course you can't comprehend it, you mark for the piece of crap. You're not me, so you see things from a fan's perspective. I can't comprehend how anybody can bash Stone Cold Steve Austin, but low and behold, like.....3 people on the planet still do it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts