Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People, including myself, always say that Kane deserves to be World Champion more than once and for more than just one day. So do you think Kane will win the Championship, and if he does what kind of a champion would he be and what would you want to see him do during his title reign.

I don't think he will win the championship but I think that he would be a good champion and that he would have to win it as a heel because I find the face character bland and uninteresting. I would want to see him feud with the Undertaker because I think that that is where this current angle is going anyway.

That's what I think, now you guys tell me what you think.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
He would of been a good champion when he had the mask, but he's been a jobber for like 7 years. So no.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Not another one of these threads...

fpalm

He said himself more then once that he doesn't want another title run, he likes being up in the main event and putting younger talent over him.

Going off topic, Rikishi said the same thing to Triple H and the McMahons backstage when they were going to push him with the whole 6 man hiac and him running over Austin, he said that he gets nervous in the main event and with so much attention on him and he likes it better in the middle.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just dont like Kane anymore at all, everytime he comes out is pretty much tarnishing the good memories off him, that bein said he would be good for a change in the title picture

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not another one of these threads...

fpalm

He said himself more then once that he doesn't want another title run, he likes being up in the main event and putting younger talent over him.

Going off topic, Rikishi said the same thing to Triple H and the McMahons backstage when they were going to push him with the whole 6 man hiac and him running over Austin, he said that he gets nervous in the main event and with so much attention on him and he likes it better in the middle.
kane denied those rumours gtfo

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
If Kane was ever going to hold the big belt again before he retires, this is the time. I wouldn't mind him running with it for a couple months but that's just the mark in me speaking. Once this whole Undertaker thing is over with he'll probably go back to putting young guys over and it will be even more effective since he's been elevated lately.

·
Banned
29 Posts
Kane deserves a title once at least before retirement, it's more a matter of him not wanting the titles though.

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,058 Posts
Kane has only been world champion for 24 hours back when he beat Stone Cold in 1998. I think he is well overdue for another title reign as he certainly deserves it for all the work and countless jobbings he has done over the years.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I wouldn't want to see that... his current storyline is annoying and he's just kinda "there". Atleast he won it once though.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Why do people always make these threads? He DOESN'T want another title reign. He has said it himself. They have offered him title reigns and he always turns them down.

·
Asuka
96,210 Posts
I think he is well overdue for another title reign as he certainly deserves it for all the work and countless jobbings he has done over the years.
I love how everybody says this about Kane, but when it's Matt Hardy, people just go "Ha! Fuck Fat Hardy, he's a jobber LOLZ".

Nobody would give a flying fuck about Kane if his history wasn't connected to The Undertaker. He's overwhelmingly cheesy on the mic, as sluggish as a cripple in the ring, he's been in every years worst storylines since the time his character started talking and he has no credibility left. Just about anyone has more business being world champion than Kane, and that includes Rey, Swagger and Mcintyre despite how much I thoroughly can't stand them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Kane has only been world champion for 24 hours back when he beat Stone Cold in 1998. I think he is well overdue for another title reign as he certainly deserves it for all the work and countless jobbings he has done over the years.
I think that mere 24 hours of being a champion is priceless considering that he beat Austin and that reign is included in the golden age of wrestling and in that era, the wrestlers that have achieved such status were legends that were carved in the history of wrestling. Names like HBK, Austin, Rock, HHH, Bigshow, Angle, Y2J are very incomparable compared to the superstars nowadays, so becoming a champ in that era is a great accomplishment even though it only lasted a day. Right now the product of WWE is very far from the attitude era so even if the the title reigns nowadays are lengthy and numerous, it cant be compared to the hogan and austin' s era..

Kane doesn't need to prove anything.. He is past his prime and very far from his monstrous self a decade ago though I believe that if he will be book well then he can be qualified to be a champion but it seems to be impossible anyway..

·
Registered
93 Posts
If I were writing the story, I would have Swagger regain the title from Rey, lose it to Undertaker at SS and have Kane holding MitB. I think it'd be interesting to have Kane with the briefcase and only be able to cash it in on his brother. Cash in, win, and reveal himself as Taker's attacker.

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,058 Posts
I think that mere 24 hours of being a champion is priceless considering that he beat Austin and that reign is included in the golden age of wrestling and in that era, the wrestlers that have achieved such status were legends that were carved in the history of wrestling. Names like HBK, Austin, Rock, HHH, Bigshow, Angle, Y2J are very incomparable compared to the superstars nowadays, so becoming a champ in that era is a great accomplishment even though it only lasted a day. Right now the product of WWE is very far from the attitude era so even if the the title reigns nowadays are lengthy and numerous, it cant be compared to the hogan and austin' s era..

Kane doesn't need to prove anything.. He is past his prime and very far from his monstrous self a decade ago though I believe that if he will be book well then he can be qualified to be a champion but it seems to be impossible anyway..
Great post. Totally agree.

·
Premium Member
43,586 Posts
Uh no....just no.

Kane's days as a main eventer are done. Physically, he isn't what he used to be. As a character, he isn't nearly as strong or as interesting as he used to be. Prior to this vegetative state angle he was just filling space, and this angle is dumb anyway.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts