Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kane and Undertaker feud Feels very Dated to me. It's just that we've seen the two of them feud so many times before. I would much rather see taker and kane feud with others. Holler if you hear me players..;)

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,789 Posts
Well, at least it's one feud that is quite blatantly intentionally dated, for once.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Outdated?
At least it makes fair sense. I was getting tired of Rey Mysterio this, Rey Mysterio that.
Their promo together tonight on Smackdown! was great. And Kane last week did good as well too.

·
Registered
961 Posts
It's something different and I find it entertaining. I've said it a few times now but my outlook is enjoy it while you can, one of them's retiring at the end of this feud. (At least one)

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I'm looking forward to the matches they have but I sort of know what you mean. The whole supernatural element of the feud fit into the grittier looking Attitude Era a lot more than it does now with the big, bright and bold HD setes etc. that WWE have now. Still, I won't complain, I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I'm not enjoying the Kane / Undertaker feud at all. I honestly can't believe that WWE is recycling this decade old story. Boring, tired, dated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The only bad thing in this fued for now is that Kane is a lot more better on the mic than Taker. On awesome promo about Takers pride, Deadman answers with nothing new and just threatens his opponent - as always.

I really hope Kane goes to win this one, otherwise it's just can't be any more predictable and stupid.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The only bad thing in this fued for now is that Kane is a lot more better on the mic than Taker. On awesome promo about Takers pride, Deadman answers with nothing new and just threatens his opponent - as always.

I really hope Kane goes to win this one, otherwise it's just can't be any more predictable and stupid.
This FUCKED up PG era. The good guy always wins in the end.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Wow, another Undertaker-Kane thread....we're really imaginative here on WF aren't we. I prefer to think of this feud as timeless, you can pull it off any time. It's like that back-up girl everyone has, when you don't have any luck, you know you can go to her and it'll be decent, that's what this feud is.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
It's been a long time since Undertaker and Kane actually feuded, not since
Wresltmania20 so to WWE it's long enough for yet another fued between them. But hey WWE has been recycling fueds for many years.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The last time Kane and Taker fueded was SEVEN YEARS AGO, people.

These two are the last two gimmick characters left and the fans still love those gimmicks. Piss and moan all you want, because I think after this fued one of them will leave and you wont see this ever again.

I for one am looking forward to this. It's one of the best, longest on/off fueds ever and possibly the greatest on/off fued ever. Already the promos for this is miles better than anything going on either brand.

Notice how Taker was "coughing" again. For once, Taker is the underdog in this which makes it even more interesting and damn, when was the last time anyone saw indestructable Kane?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm somehow quite enjoying it, hopefully there eventual match or matches will deliver

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
For as 'boring' and 'dated' as people are making this feud out to be, at the time of this post there are 4 threads on the first page of the Smackdown area related to Undertaker and Kane, 3 of which are directly talking about their feud.

If it's so boring, why are you talking about it?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
we know the outcome undertaker will win in the end which makes it predictable, and sorry but wwe isnt going to let kane win he's probably used just to give the undertaker one last championship run

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
It is my favorite storyline, tbh.

We are actually going to see a Hell in the Cell match between the two, a dream match imo.
The gimmick ppv Hell in the Cell actually makes sense.
Kane will retire in the match he debuted.
Kane will retire to the man he first faced.
Both are the only two gimmick characters left.
Promos are awesome.
The storyline makes sense.

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
You know why I didn't want to see Raven & Dreamer at Hardcore Justice? Because they feuded & had matches in 1995 and it was far more interesting & intense. Storyline was redhot & the pairing was fresh.

Same thing here. Taker vs. Kane was awesome in 1998 both in ring & a creative standpoint. However, they've wrestled each other like 900 times and its time for something new. Kane is just a bald & bland guy now who is far past his physical prime, and Taker is seemingly being held together by Elmer's glue at this point & has been riding off the nostalgia wave for years now. Do I care if Taker wins the belt again? No. Do I want to see this match again? No. I'll just watch Wrestlemania XIV again, thank you.

And as for the people saying "But they haven't feuded in years!" where the hell did this precedent come from that rivalries have to be renewed every few years? Didn't we all groan when WCW did Hogan vs. Warrior in 98, just 8 years after their initial feud? Oh, and I guess those Hogan vs. Flair title matches I got sick of 99 were totally justified because they hadn't done one in 5 years. There are exceptions, sure, but this feud offers nothing new or exciting. I don't care if they haven't done it in 7 years. I got sick of it 11 years ago!

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
I have stated it before, I love it. I am glad to see Kane standing strong. I really am hoping Kane wins this match, but reguardless it looks like a start to a great ending.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts