Wrestling Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
I know he has been a heel before MANY TIMES in the past. But in this particular run as the Hell World heavyweight Champion I think he is BETTER THAN EVER. Part of that Comces from the fact that when he was heel before I dont remember the Crowd ever chanting "You Suck" (and that too as loud as this time) but this time that has changed. When He was conducting The Undertaker's funeral u can hear a defening "You Suck" chant. He is getting some MASSIVE HEAT.

I think he is at present doin the BEST WORK OF HIS ENTIRE CARREAR...Your thoughts on that.
They chant YOU SUCK because they can't stand him and his poor wrestling abilities.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've always enjoyed Kane even when he's booked badly. One of the better big men of his generation although in a quiet way.

·
Registered
859 Posts
No this is not the best work in his entire career, his best work was when he wore his mask. IMO Kane 1997-2003 was untouchable, the pops he used to get as well as his precense just said baddass Monster.

Kane "The Big Red Machine" >>>>> Kane "The Devil's Favorite Demon"

I still love him though, but nothing comes close to 97-03.

Just a reminder

I could go on all night posting videos of Kane but this is enough

No its not, post more!

that kane was my fave wrestler at the time, i wanted to find is legit mask but couldnt anywhere...

·
A game brought
1,013 Posts
He's decent.

Randy Orton shits on this version of Kane. His promo work is far better as is his look and his ring skills.

Here's a little thing you may not know, Intensity and subtlety are far more importnat to a mic worker than a shit fake laugh and a constant stream of shouting.

Unmasked Kane better than Orton? Christ this site is full of idiots.
Yes, it is.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
Well I'll admit it, I will always give a bias opinion when it comes to Kane. No matter what story-line he's in, no matter how he performs in his matches, no matter how over the top he may perform on the mic.

I'm a Kane mark. He's been my childhood favourite. Seeing him become World Heavyweight Champion and beat Undertaker three times in a row this year is something I never expected. This has definitely been one of Kane's greatest years in my opinion.

I can understand why many people aren't big fans of the guy. But to me he's one of the greatest. When he finally decides to hang up his boots, a piece of my childhood will go along with him.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,833 Posts
Well I'll admit it, I will always give a bias opinion when it comes to Kane. No matter what story-line he's in, no matter how he performs in his matches, no matter how over the top he may perform on the mic.

I'm a Kane mark. He's been my childhood favourite. Seeing him become World Heavyweight Champion and beat Undertaker three times in a row this year is something I never expected. This has definitely been one of Kane's greatest years in my opinion.

I can understand why many people aren't big fans of the guy. But to me he's one of the greatest. When he finally decides to hang up his boots, a piece of my childhood will go along with him.
Same for me I've been watching him since I was a kid, and I never could bring myself to hate the guy, not even in his bad years. I always stuck by his side, always. He did have a good year this year, he was built pretty strong, actaully he's been built strong for the last two years and it's good to see him getting a reward for his years in the WWE. Becoming a World Heavyweight Champion as well as beating Undertaker three times made me a happy Kane mark.

No its not, post more!

There you go

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
EXACTLY The case with me just like the two of u Above...Seeing become the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION is something I USED TO PRAY TO GOD for...I was the HAPPIEST PERSON ON THE PLANET when he became the champion at MITB...I have been and WILL FOREVER BE A KANENITE...He, to me is not One Of The Greatest but THE GREATEST...And that opinion of mine will stand till the end of the world...

LONG LIVE THE DEVILS FAVORITRE DEMON...The Fire Still and ALWAYS WILL BURN...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Kane is certainly having a great run, although I wouldn't quite say it's his best, heel or otherwise, definitely up there though. I think his title reign has been pretty good and while the matches he had with Taker were a little disappointing, I really enjoyed the build up, although I am one of the few who is a fan of the supernatural elements of these characters.

If you enjoyed all that nonsensical screaming then I feel sorry for you.
Do you think attempting to demean anyone who dares disagree with your ever so superior opinion makes you some sort of Internet bad-ass?.....:rolleyes: What a douche.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Do you think attempting to demean anyone who dares disagree with your ever so superior opinion makes you some sort of Internet bad-ass?.....:rolleyes: What a douche.
I wouldn't say that's a demeaning statement per-say. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to enjoy Kane when he was a great character, or anyone who thinks 'this' Kane is anything other than an insult to the original.

·
Registered
25 Posts
He was a way better heal back in 97, he just had a presence then. After seeing him lose to jobbers, its kinda hard to repackage him and take him seriously as a top heel.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,833 Posts
He was a way better heal back in 97, he just had a presence then. After seeing him lose to jobbers, its kinda hard to repackage him and take him seriously as a top heel.
he hasn't really been losing to jobbers though, nor had he been that much of a jobber himself. The last two years have seen Kane get booked quite strongly, besides this year which saw him getting wins over Undertaker 3 times, Rey Mysterio and beating up CM Punk quite a bit. You also had last year which saw him getting some good victories as well.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
he hasn't really been losing to jobbers though, nor had he been that much of a jobber himself. The last two years have seen Kane get booked quite strongly, besides this year which saw him getting wins over Undertaker 3 times, Rey Mysterio and beating up CM Punk quite a bit. You also had last year which saw him getting some good victories as well.
he jobbed for quite a while I think mate. Also, you don't necessarily have to 'job' to be weaker. The point is, under his original gimmick he was so strong that anything other than being a huge monster means he can't live up to that.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts