Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he has been a heel before MANY TIMES in the past. But in this particular run as the Hell World heavyweight Champion I think he is BETTER THAN EVER. Part of that Comces from the fact that when he was heel before I dont remember the Crowd ever chanting "You Suck" (and that too as loud as this time) but this time that has changed. When He was conducting The Undertaker's funeral u can hear a defening "You Suck" chant. He is getting some MASSIVE HEAT.

I think he is at present doin the BEST WORK OF HIS ENTIRE CARREAR...Your thoughts on that.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ive havnt heard any mega heat for him ata ll. Ive heard a couple of edited bits on Smackdown which wernt huge heat it was samll. Live shows i havnt seen him get booed

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Let me put it this way, in the late 90's he was just intimidating, i mean that Guy was huge and had that aura, after he got unmasked he was still good but i think on the Mic he is the best as he has ever been.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
His best work was when he wore the mask and full body suit and let Paul Bearer do the talking for him. Mic skills are not his strong suit. Neither is, well.....anything, but his presence was much more commanding back when they could hide all of his flaws with booking.

His current reign needs to end immediately. It's painful.

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
His best work was when he wore the mask and full body suit and let Paul Bearer do the talking for him. Mic skills are not his strong suit. Neither is, well.....anything, but his presence was much more commanding back when they could hide all of his flaws with booking.

Really? He's not amazing on the mic but he has a character to live up to so he can only talk a certain way. I'd say mic skills are definitely his strong point, even though his wrestling skills aren't exactly hard to beat.

I think Kane was best when he was masked. He had a weird presence about him and there's always natural fear in the unknown, which WWE nailed when they created his character.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Kane is probably the best mic worker in Smackdown right now. His promos have been amazing and he deserves the heat he has been getting. Kane/Taker feud was one of the highlights in the past few months and I totally enjoyed every part of it. He should continue being the champ, at least till Royal Rumble and WWE knows this fact.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Personally, I feel that Kane was a better heal when the character first debuted. The guy looked like an actual monster and as a kid I was legit scared of him. Now he's okay but he's nowhere near the level that he was formally at.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
nah, he's not. he was better when he first debuted, and better when the mask first came off. he's not bad now, he's just definitely not at his best in his career.

can't wait till KaneisBackinAction gets in here, then the Kane love will really shine.

oh, and massie heat? GTFO here with that. he isn't getting massive anything. CM Punk in 09 was massive heat. Kane is just getting heat. massive heat, what a low standard for you to have for that.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The original Kane gommick is one of the best ever in the WWE, he was the only wrestler who really scared fans, made you feel like the guy waiting in the ring to face him would actually be scared shitless. He felt REAL. The costume/entrance/music/movement/storyline/everything was just superb, really as good as it gets.

Once the mask came off, meh, he's just an ugly bald guy with mediochre mic skills.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts

The VEEENNGGGEEAANNCEE promo is one of the best promos of the year, if not the best.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
sorry Vintage, but his mic skills are pretty overated. He growls and makes faces and excentuates random words, but it's never really believable and his fake 'evil' laugh is fucking awful.

There is no doubt i'm afraid, Kane was a far far better character when he didn't/couldn't speak.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
sorry Vintage, but his mic skills are pretty overated. He growls and makes faces and excentuates random words, but it's never really believable and his fake 'evil' laugh is fucking awful.

There is no doubt i'm afraid, Kane was a far far better character when he didn't/couldn't speak.
If Kane's mic SKILLZ!1 are overrated even though he delivered a contender for promo of the year, then he's doing pretty good. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Kane's mic skills suit his character but are far from being amazing they're average. Kane was better when he had the mask on and barely spoke, nowadays the only creepy thing about him is the fact that he's an ugly bald guy.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
'97 Masked Kane >> '03 Un-Masked Kane >>>>>>>>>>> '10 Kane

The "masterplan revealed" promo is'nt the promo of the match, or even a contender for promo of the year.
but it was the best Kane had done in a long time.

...and now i will leave before the fanboys show up in full military gear.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Original masked Kane but with the mouth hole a lá 2003, with the current Kane's promoing epicness would have been win.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Personally, I feel that Kane was a better heal when the character first debuted. The guy looked like an actual monster and as a kid I was legit scared of him. Now he's okay but he's nowhere near the level that he was formally at.
Agreed, I think he is doing a good job now and I have enjoyed his promos. He is a good talker. But yeah, when Kane debuted, he scared the living hell out of me. I'm not lying when I said Kane gave me nightmares, of course at the time I was around 11 years old but then he was really scary with the mask and the red/black outfit. If I were still 11 I'd probably think he was scary but not as scary as 12 years ago.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts