Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyoneelse look forward to Kairi entering the ring to see what she'll do.

One week she's strumming her umbrella like a guitar, next she's sitting on the middle ring ropes bouncing on it, sitting outside the ring post bobbing to Asuka's music, drumming on her title around her neck like its a bongo.

She changes it up each time the Kabuki Warriors enter the ring and its starting to become one of the parts on Raw I look foward to

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Kairi needs to be careful not to be typecast as a comic sidekick/wrestler. I feel like she needs to drop that sequence she does where she throws those girly anime slaps/punches on someone and they shake it off. That bit worked in Stardom but in the WWE it makes her look a little too weak to American audiences.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,138 Posts
I'm entirely focused on Asuka so I don't even notice what Kairi is doing. I don't regret that decision.
You're so close-minded when it comes to Asuka that its borderline creepy lol. Asuka is not the only person who exists on planet Earth. Personally I think Kairi has actually been more entertaining.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@lli I think thats one of the big problems of Joshi female talent coming over here...most of them are small compared to other women on their roster.

Kratosx thats nearly impossible to be fully lasered focus on Asuka becauuuse, as seen here the camara was ALL on Kairi

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
It's not about being small. Kairi does that girly punches bit for deliberate comedy. She knows how to deliver impactful strikes, but she also likes doing that comedy bit. I'm just saying it doesn't do much for her status with American audiences.

Asuka's comedy never goes beyond gestures and taunting. You're not gonna see her do girly strikes for comic effect.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill tell you one strike that isn't weak of Kairi's in fact it might be better than most. Her spinning back fist.

I still remember when she hit Binaca Belair with that that shit ranged out like a gun shot. Kairi put everything she had into that punch. The one she gave Lacey Evans was very good to she decked her solid.

This was the contract signing for Asuka and Becky at the Rumble. This is also where she tipped toed towards Becky lol

I tried uploading the gif has an up close of her doing it but couldnt upload it here so here's the whole contract signing video. Go to about 3:20 to see it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts