Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
12,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the better all around talent and has the most potential to be a big star in a promotion like WWE if they were to be utilised to the full extent of their capabilities if the company were strongly behind them?

I never followed any of them prior to their WWE debut so I can only base their skill set since arriving in the company but I'd go with Asuka due to being more charismatic and more polished in the ring.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Asuka is far and away the best of the 3. She has more charisma than the other 2 combined, is more unique, has better mannerisms, better expressions, a bigger aura, is more attractive, and wrestles the best style of the 3. You could make an argument for Kairi Sane being slightly better in the ring, it all depends on what you're looking for, but I see the idealized version of pro wrestling as the style that Asuka does.

Io Shirai doesn't even have a place in this conversation to me. I've never thought she was even a good worker let alone a great one, she has no aura, she doesn't come across like a star, doesn't radiate charisma, etc. There's just not a lot there.

·
Premium Member
11,054 Posts
Asuka's the only one I knew way before she joined WWE. She has always been regarded as one of the Best in the world.

Kairi and Io I've started hearing about them around 2015 I think. Io was well regarded by many as the BITW, and still is, and Kairi as one of the top tiers as well.
Kairi has managed to impress me the most in the ring, I think she's an incredible all-around wrestler who can bump and sell her ass off. Such a shame we never got to see her work any real programs besides the one with Shayna.

Io I am the least familiar with but she's clearly a great wrestler from the matches I saw of hers before she joined WWE, and I get where the hype comes from, I saw a few clips of her heel turn and follow-up and she looks she's ready to be a mega heel, which is awesome.
Kairi is a natural face, I think with the right booking she could be cheered over Becky even. I think Asuka is the most charismatic for sure but I'd put her a step behind Io and Kairi in terms of ring work (I'd probably take 2011 Asuka over both though).

For me it's: Kairi 9.5/10, Asuka 9.25/10, Io 9/10.

On a side note, I hope WWE will be generous enough to give us this match one day..Joshi always works so well together.

·
This is my show now
1,358 Posts
Asuka's the top in-ring worker in the division and top 3 in charisma. The other two are good but Asuka could easily be a big star in the company if she was pushed right. Compared to her, Io is a distant second with Kairi being a close third.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
i mean Kairi's been on tv, what, a handful of times? Io is still in NxT. No clue. Asuka has really yet to be given anything substantial to do outside of her "streak".

I feel like Asuka is the "toughest" of the three, which i think will lead to a higher ceiling... but Kairi has a spark to her that i think will give her a nice career.

·
Legends Only
268 Posts
Asuka has everything but being able to speak english. I love her. She has charisma and the ability to be silly making expressions and dancing then 5-10 seconds later you know that she'll kill anyone. Not to mention she's lowkey the best female wrestler the company has ever had. One of my 2-3 favorite women ever already

I absolutely love Kairi too

·
Joshi Judas
427 Posts
All 3 are on another level and probably my top 3 wrestlers in the company, so I cannot really pick between them!

But in a company like WWE I think Kairi has the most potential to be the biggest star. She has a cute babyface look, a colourful gimmick that can be enjoyed by kids and adults, and a moveset that stands out. I do worry that she's going to hurt herself with the insane elbow drop. She takes a lot of impact!

She also has the perfect underdog look the WWE seem to love.

In a perfect world Asuka would be dominating the women's divisions and the Sky Pirates would still be a team drifting in and out of WWE and NXT, they'd also have NXT womens championship matches and fight each other for the title with a respect for each other and the title.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Maybe Io has the highest ceiling but all 3 are wonderful.

As a huge Becky fan, I loved her interractions and matches with Asuka back in Dec/Jan. It's crazy that Kairi and Asuka are so wasted on Smackdown whilst Becky is crying out for credible challengers on Raw.

Hopefully all 3 get the opportunity to shine in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Sane has the highest ceiling of the three. She is better looking, more marketable and so far her work under WWE umbrella ie limited moveset has been as good as asuka and better than Shirai.

Obviously her issues are size so unlikely to be taken seriously by management and her gear which is somehow worse than asukas even

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,246 Posts
Asuka is easily the best of the 3.

Kairi has the best looks and the best finisher.

Io, I haven’t been that impressed with. All the hype I heard had her as the best women’s wrestler in the world, so far she’s a bust. We’ll see how she works as a heel.

I don’t think anyone of them will be relevant long term on the main roster unless their English improves significantly and they can cut at least an average promo.

·
Training to be a Grappler
2,340 Posts
In a promotion like WWE? All 3 have an artificial ceiling, and Asuka has the highest, which is transitional champion, which is what she has been.

The problem that people refuse to understand, is your job is to talk people into the building, you have to connect to the audience and tell them why they should be excited for your match.

I haven't heard Io or Kairi speak, but Asuka doesn't have the ability to do that.

Asuka is easily the best of the 3.

Kairi has the best looks and the best finisher.

Io, I haven’t been that impressed with. All the hype I heard had her as the best women’s wrestler in the world, so far she’s a bust. We’ll see how she works as a heel.

I don’t think anyone of them will be relevant long term on the main roster unless their English improves significantly and they can cut at least an average promo.
The unfortunate part is (even though I agree) promos aren't as important as they used to be.

Bayley is a multiple time world champ, and the only women to win all the women's belts in WWE/nXt and she embarasses herself weekly on the mic

1 - 20 of 56 Posts