Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
oof. too bad, her tag matches with blisscross were gr8. and she has some great offense, particularly kicks, it's very fun watching her. i guess they have so many people they can't use them all.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
They just refuse to do anything remotely creative in this company. If they booked Asuka in the way I just laid out, she would have a resurgence that would probably surpass Becky.
I have zero doubt about that. Although, to be honest with you, even if she got a push, it's too late for me to care. It's too late. All I cared about was her getting the first womens WrestleMania main event win and that's gone. Sure, if they pushed her hard, she'd be a bigger star than Becky but she'll never have the achievement to back it up and that matters FAR more than who's more popular.

It must suck as an Asuka fan.
It does. It's the shittiest, most unfortunate fandom you can be a part of.

i guess they have so many people they can't use them all.
Yeah, and they all just coincidentally happen to be Japanese. Strange, isn't it?

FFS, if they can find tv time for Drake Maverick, they can find some for the Kabuki Warriors. Don't give me this "too many people to use" shit. They use Erick Rowan. You're acting like the whole roster is full of Asukas and Kairis.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
She comes to the ring dressed as a pirate holding a steering wheel to a boat even though there’s no boat. This gimmick would be god awful in the early 90’s, let alone 2019.
Talking about gimmicks making sense in pro wrestling :aries2

Reactions: NondescriptWWEfan

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Would he rather she came out like a bland woman wrestler with no visible personality whatsoever? There's plenty of those already. It only helps that she has a character she identifies with, she already speaks little English so what does everyone here think would happen if they took her visible effect away?

And yes, her gimmick is supposed to be to a great degree, unapologetically cute and benevolent, yet brave and tough white-clad seafarer on a neverending voyage to prizes and fortune.

She comes from a land where cuteness and cosplay is the popular norm and understands that pro wrestling is also showbusiness.

The Undertaker, for over 30+ years came out in a big black coat and hat and sometimes a casket wheeled down the aisle while smoke rose in the air and took a gimmick far into what would be considered extraordinary and made a legacy of it. This is the perfect place to be a pirate with a fluffy hat and wooden wheel.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Would he rather she came out like a bland woman wrestler with no visible personality whatsoever? There's plenty of those already. It only helps that she has a character she identifies with, she already speaks little English so what does everyone here think would happen if they took her visible effect away?

And yes, her gimmick is supposed to be to a great degree, unapologetically cute and benevolent, yet brave and tough white-clad seafarer on a neverending voyage to prizes and fortune.

She comes from a land where cuteness and cosplay is the popular norm and understands that pro wrestling is also showbusiness.

The Undertaker, for over 30+ years came out in a big black coat and hat and sometimes a casket wheeled down the aisle while smoke rose in the air and took a gimmick far into what would be considered extraordinary and made a legacy of it. This is the perfect place to be a pirate with a fluffy hat and wooden wheel.

I wasn’t going to jump in here, but excusing her terrible gimmick for reasoning “it works in Japan” is laughable. The pirate shit is the worst gimmick on the main roster. The whole Japanese anime type culture doesn’t work in American wrestling. Just because there’s a niche group of fans who enjoy it, for the most part many just don’t and will not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,489 Posts
Honestly her best hope at this point is things shake up better for her after the Draft next month. But honestly her ceiling right now is probably just being the next Ember Moon. A woman who featured here and there and will get to have a good match here and there but someone they never really plan for.

Honestly might as well just put her back on NXT if nothing changes soon. They could use some help.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
I wasn’t going to jump in here, but excusing her terrible gimmick for reasoning “it works in Japan” is laughable. The pirate shit is the worst gimmick on the main roster. The whole Japanese anime type culture doesn’t work in American wrestling. Just because there’s a niche group of fans who enjoy it, for the most part many just don’t and will not.

We're talking about a sport where a guy dressed as a bartender wrestles a man in underwear, wearing demon paint. Blaming the gimmick, which is practically just part of her entrance, doesn't justify her not being pushed. I understand that it doesn't appeal to everyone but I think that has little to do with the topic. The language on the other hand is a barrier I believe. Not impossible to work around though.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)

Who says? You? It hasn't hampered her so far. She got major pushes and a large cult following of American fans despite her "laughable" gimmick. You want to put her down.

We're talking about a sport where a guy dressed as a bartender wrestles a man in underwear, wearing demon paint. Blaming the gimmick, which is practically just part of her entrance, doesn't justify her not being pushed. I understand that it doesn't appeal to everyone but I think that has little to do with the topic. The language on the other hand is a barrier I believe. Not impossible to work around though.
Let's examine this while we're at it. What do you want to wager is the amount of fans who hate her for her gimmick even right now, the majority or minority?

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
Let's examine this while we're at it. What do you want to wager is the amount of fans who hate her for her gimmick even right now, the majority or minority?
I don't get your point. I don't think anyone has issues with her gimmick. I personally love it.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,422 Posts
Really? Are there a lot of pirates walking around the streets of Japan.

Pretty sure someone pretending to be a pirate would be just as silly in other cultures as well, it’s not exclusive to Americans.
You mean being an obvious gimmick pirate is worse than men and women in WWE pretending - on a serious level - to be Vikings? Be cautios which door you open, because the level of stupidness in WWE is more insane than Kairi`s elbow. :)

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
I don't get your point. I don't think anyone has issues with her gimmick. I personally love it.
I'm not asking if you don't like it or love it. My point is I'm asking you to examine the balance of who does and who doesn't in the WWE fanbase right now.

Notice right here in this thread we have a guy that's kind of shitting on her for her gimmick. Okay, but who else you think feels this way?

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Who says? You? It hasn't hampered her so far. She got major pushes and a large cult following of American fans despite her "laughable" gimmick. You want to put her down.

I never said people didn't like her. Her gimmick and poor english abilities are the reason she isn't doing anything. Asuka has 100000x Charisma, better English skills, better gimmick, and look where she is. Anyone thinking Kairi would do better than her on the main roster is lying to themselves. Calm down there tiger. It obviously isn't just me, nor do I give a shit about her. The gimmick is a joke, no reason to use quotations. I don't think any fans can justifiably hate her since she hasn't done jack shit to hate?

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,241 Posts
True enough, horrible cheesy gimmicks have been around forever. However, if your going to have one of these goofy cos-play gimmicks, your only going to go so far.

Of course, they made a dancing clown unicorn WWE Champion, so maybe this cos-play shit is what the crowds want nowadays.

All I know is if I see some corny gimmicks like Kairi dresses as a pirate, or the New Day with unicorn headbands, or Fandango as a male ballerina, or some other cartoonish shit, I’m changing the channel.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
You mean being an obvious gimmick pirate is worse than men and women in WWE pretending - on a serious level - to be Vikings? Be cautios which door you open, because the level of stupidness in WWE is more insane than Kairi`s elbow. :)
The Viking Experience guys have the worst gimmick on the male roster. You can find me saying that about 100 different times on this forum. Not quite a good point. So her pretending to be a pirate is better because the Vikings take it seriously? The fuck? Really?

Some of you people will justify anything for your favorites.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
I'm not asking if you don't like it or love it. My point is I'm asking you to examine the balance of who does and who doesn't in the WWE fanbase right now.

Notice right here in this thread we have a guy that's kind of shitting on her for her gimmick. Okay, but who else you think feels this way?
My bad. To be honest I've been kind of out when it comes to pro wrestling. Trying to recap still. I've always had the feeling she was quite loved.

True enough, horrible cheesy gimmicks have been around forever. However, if your going to have one of these goofy cos-play gimmicks, your only going to go so far.

Of course, they made a dancing clown unicorn WWE Champion, so maybe this cos-play shit is what the crowds want nowadays.

All I know is if I see some corny gimmicks like Kairi dresses as a pirate, or the New Day with unicorn headbands, or Fandango as a male ballerina, or some other cartoonish shit, I’m changing the channel.
Sounds fair enough!

I don't see any reasons we should. We don't say this because we like her, we like her because of it.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,241 Posts
The Viking Experience guys have the worst gimmick on the male roster. You can find me saying that about 100 different times on this forum. Not quite a good point. So her pretending to be a pirate is better because the Vikings take it seriously? The fuck? Really?

That’s another good one. War Raiders are an excellent team, good move set, but they are killing themselves with this ridiculousness Viking nonsense.

There’s a fine line between outlandish gimmicks like the Undertaker, the Fiend etc and cheesy cosplay.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I never said people didn't like her. Her gimmick and poor english abilities are the reason she isn't doing anything. Asuka has 100000x Charisma, better English skills, better gimmick, and look where she is. Anyone thinking Kairi would do better than her on the main roster is lying to themselves. Calm down there tiger. It obviously isn't just me, nor do I give a shit about her. The gimmick is a joke, no reason to use quotations. I don't think any fans can justifiably hate her since she hasn't done jack shit to hate?
Her gimmick is not the reason she isn't doing anything, you are using that conjecture to make an argument as if it is true. I don't buy the language either because she can speak broken English, so can Nakamura and he's been winning belts.

She hasn't even had a chance to prove that she can do as good or better as Asuka, so I don't even know why you're bringing this into the matter. You don't know if she can or not even as you're talking about someone lying to themselves. The only way to know is if she's on TV wrestling with the other girls.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Her gimmick is not the reason she isn't doing anything, you are using that conjecture to make an argument as if it is true. I don't buy the language either because she can speak broken English, so can Nakamura and he's been winning belts.

She hasn't even had a chance to prove that she can do as good or better as Asuka, so I don't even know why you're bringing this into the matter. You don't know if she can or not even as you're talking about someone lying to themselves. The only way to know is if she's on TV wrestling with the other girls.
No, I am talking as a fan of the WWE for almost 30 years. I know how they treat people. She isn't American, has an awful gimmick, and can't talk. She is exactly where I expected her to be. Nakamura was a test run for them. They eventually turned him into a low blow pee pee guy and he has a thank you run with the IC title because he re-signed lol. Dude fucking won the rumble and lost at Mania FFS. She won't get the chance to "show she is better" because of the reasons already listed. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining the madness that is WWE management.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts