Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost feel I wanted to make this just to remind people she still exists.

They have one of the most talented, praised and consistently over babyface prospects on the women's roster, the 1st Mae Young Classic winner and former NXT champion with the coolest flying elbow drop in the business in Kairi Sane and they're not going to at least have her on TV against let's say, girls like Sonya or Ember in a singles match?

Is she doomed to just be stuck in a tag team and sent around the world to do house shows and dark matches for the rest of the year? If she just has to be stuck in that team at least put her on TV more. I'm starving here without watching some Kairi.

·
Premium Member
11,401 Posts
It's a fucking shame. They can easily have Asuka turn on Kairi, let Kairi vs Asuka be a 2month bloody feud, let them put on a MOTYC, give Asuka the win and build her back up. In the meantime you have Kairi established, she can fight her way up again starting from the bottom, by that time Asuka is champion and Kairi can dethrone her.

Kairi is one of the best wrestlers in the company, male or female. She is now the best pure babyface in the company also. They could tell tons of stories with her and people will eat it up, she's ADORABLE. AND SHE'S AN INCREDIBLE WRESTLER.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She should go back to NXT. With 2 hours a week to fill they'll need all the help they can get.
I wouldn't mind that either. We could actually get that Io feud. Anything to get her back on TV and into the mix. I feel like she's just stagnating and you don't let this kind of talent stagnate.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
She should definitely get the opportunity to be on television regularly with all the ability she has. Hopefully, that can be soon.

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
I believe she should leave the WWE. But then I say this for everyone I am interested in within the WWE

I wouldn't mind that either. We could actually get that Io feud. Anything to get her back on TV and into the mix. I feel like she's just stagnating and you don't let this kind of talent stagnate.
Well, Asuka's one of the best in the company, has consistently proven it when she gets on PPVs, and they still let her stagnate. They certainly do let this kind of talent stagnate.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
I mean, I have said that Kairi would be screwed on the main roster since she joined NXT :shrug

But yeah, it sucks, she didn't even had a chance, I honestly thought that they were going to push her and then feed her to the pushed girls, but she had 2 matches and then dissapeared from tv only to return to job to Alexa in back to back RAWs and now she (and Asuka) will probably will be off tv until Paige returns (if that is still a thing) or simply wait on catering until Vince has something for them or to job to Alexa and Nikki in the next couple of months.

Also, you know that they don't have plans for her since Bayley is using the top rope elbow drop as her finisher these days :sadbecky

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
The english thing people keep bringing up is stupid. NXT consistently manages to build effective feuds with their foreign wrestlers but the main roster can't be bothered?

Laziness is the reason they don't bother and as such we have a product that consistently underachieves relative to what its roster is capable of. the fact that some fans buy into it is one reason why this company will never broaden their current base and continue to bleed possible fans.

honestly i dont understand why any Asian talents sign with wwe anymore i get that the money is good but if you enjoy pro wrestling as a craft you are fucking up and just begging to be wasted in that company
To be fair to Asuka and Nakamura, they signed back in 2015/2016 when the WWE was attempting to globalize a bit more with their NXT product. And they were in fact treated well on NXT and initially on the main roster. But over the past year or so they've rewound the clock back 10 years again on the main roster.

But I agree they shouldn't re-sign when their contract is up the next time.

·
Registered
503 Posts
It's a shame she's stuck in a tag team. Especially one that's not being used at all.
Not going to lie, since Sasha and Bayley are friendly again, I would freak out if they got a match against Asuka and Kairi.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Kairi asuka and io should have been a dominant stable feuding with a dominant four horsewomen stable already and planting the seeds for both stables to break up

They've got well over a year of potential storylines and great matches revolving around the 7 of them we could be in the middle of right now but noooooooooooo. Instead we get random horsewomen vs horsewomen tag match on free TV BECAUSE

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
This is why I am getting bored of wwe women's division. It is always the same women on tv and getting big pushes. By next year we will still see Charlotte vs Bayley or Charlotte vs Becky or Charlotte vs Sasha or Sasha vs Becky or Sasha vs Bayley or Becky vs Bayley and have the other women like Kairi Sane, Asuka,Ember Moon,Liv Morgan,etc still on the sidelines/catering

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
The gimmick is terrible and her English isn't great either, so Im not sure why people are shocked she isn't used more. Same thing will happen to Io as well.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
The gimmick is terrible and her English isn't great either, so Im not sure why people are shocked she isn't used more. Same thing will happen to Io as well.
Except it's not :angle

Reactions: celticjobber
1 - 20 of 86 Posts