Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It gets asked every week, WHO is writing this garbage??? :lol

With each passing week there are more and more writing/storyline inadequacies that literally make zero sense. Wasn't the rumor on this guy was to take time off, build himself back up, and become a Paul Heyman guy? Why did he randomly appear in the Shield beatdown? It wouldn't surprise me if the writers completely forgot that they wrote for him to say he quit last week.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Probably dont think we are smart enough to notice.

I mean I doubt Vince would actually take the time to actually choose what superstars to run out there. Its probably the boneheaded agents that have the mind of a fucking goldfish that deal with that. Pretty sure Owens could just tell Vince about not going out because it wouldnt make sense storywise.

·
Team AEW
2,960 Posts
I understand they think we're stupid, but couldn't Owens tell someone that coming out there would not be a good idea? How can we invest in ANYTHING if they couldn't even start a story properly?

·
Asuka
96,541 Posts
I'm gonna be furious if Bryan Alvarez doesn't take up 2 weeks on Observer Live ranting about this like he did turning Becky. THIS is why everyone hates WWE. I have never seen a wrestling company, television show, movie, video game, book, anything, so FUCKING brazenly, shamelessly disrespectful to their audience.

I would love to say I'm shocked, but what else should we have expected? People actually thought this jobber was gonna show up with the MITB briefcase and win the world title at HIAC after Baron Corbin promised Stephanie he'd get him back? People thought he was gonna go with Heyman? People thought he was going to turn babyface? No, fuck that, we're WWE. Nobody remembers what happened last week. It was only the biggest or second biggest angle of the whole week, depending on what you thought of turning Braun Strowman heel. We're just gonna bring him back with no explanation and act like it never happened. We're not even gonna have him get re-hired again for some stupid reason, we're just gonna ignore it, because who needs continuity or common sense when you've got tv money?

I can't even imagine how infuriating this was to watch live. I didn't even see it, I just read the results, but I'm fired up now. I swear, at this point I'm turning into Lewis Black. Mother fuck this company and everything it stands for.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I'm gonna be furious if Bryan Alvarez doesn't take up 2 weeks on Observer Live ranting about this like he did turning Becky. THIS is why everyone hates WWE. I have never seen a wrestling company, television show, movie, video game, book, anything, so FUCKING brazenly, shamelessly disrespectful to their audience.

I would love to say I'm shocked, but what else should we have expected? People actually thought this jobber was gonna show up with the MITB briefcase and win the world title at HIAC after Baron Corbin promised Stephanie he'd get him back? People thought he was gonna go with Heyman? People thought he was going to turn babyface? No, fuck that, we're WWE. Nobody remembers what happened last week. It was only the biggest or second biggest angle of the whole week, depending on what you thought of turning Braun Strowman heel. We're just gonna bring him back with no explanation and act like it never happened. We're not even gonna have him get re-hired again for some stupid reason, we're just gonna ignore it, because who needs continuity or common sense when you've got tv money?

I can't even imagine how infuriating this was to watch live. I didn't even see it, I just read the results, but I'm fired up now. I swear, at this point I'm turning into Lewis Black. Mother fuck this company and everything it stands for.
At this point anyone who thinks WWE cares about the fans who invest money into this company is full of shit.

·
Asuka
96,541 Posts
At this point anyone who thinks WWE cares about the fans who invest money into this company is full of shit.
You know, part of me thinks this was a troll job on their part, because the fans always say they're gonna stop watching and then don't, so they're gonna poke them with their own threat. It would not surprise me at all. It would be the typical, petty Vince McMahon mindset.

The other part of me, though, thinks that they're not even clever enough to think of that. I don't know anymore. There's no rhyme or reason to ANYTHING they do.

·
Team AEW
2,960 Posts
The best thing is that I'm sure they planned on doing something with Owens, something not so relevant, but still. They had an idea. I think they were still planning going with that idea, it's that they hoped we wouldn't notice him tonight. But people did notice, so now they'll definitely cancel the whatever plan they had.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It gets asked every week, WHO is writing this garbage??? :lol

With each passing week there are more and more writing/storyline inadequacies that literally make zero sense. Wasn't the rumor on this guy was to take time off, build himself back up, and become a Paul Heyman guy? Why did he randomly appear in the Shield beatdown? It wouldn't surprise me if the writers completely forgot that they wrote for him to say he quit last week.
The best thing is that I'm sure they planned on doing something with Owens, something not so relevant, but still. They had an idea. I think they were still planning going with that idea, it's that they hoped we wouldn't notice him tonight. But people did notice, so now they'll definitely cancel the whatever plan they had.
You guys do realize Owens appeared earlier than that beatdown, right? He attacked Lashley during that awful meditation intervention segment with Jinder and went on a rage afterwards while we, typically, got no explanation for why he was there.

I turned the TV on right before the HBK segment to see what he'd say and if Taker would appear, but I made the grave mistake to keep watching after that segment ended. I wish I hadn't and probably won't make that mistake again, my favorite of all time appearing or not. RAW is just far too bad to stomach watching.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts