Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
– The official website of the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona conducted an interview with WWE ring announcer Justin Roberts promoting Money in the Bank in July. He feels a good WWE ring announcer should be there to enhance the product, not as means to get themselves popular.

“I think you need passion. That’s number one, because if you don’t have passion it comes through,” he says in regards to what it takes to be a good ring announcer. “My job is to enhance the introduction of the Superstars and the Divas. I’m not there to get myself over. I’m there to help and add to the introductions of the talent. So everything I do is to make their introductions as exciting as possible, and you need to have a passion for what you’re doing, in order to do that. You need to not be in there, not for yourself, but for the Superstars and Divas.”

Roberts was also asked how often he makes mistakes when ring announcing.

“I’m not going to say I’m perfect. I’ve definitely messed up a few little things over the years, but for as much live announcing as I do on a weekly basic – I average four shows a week, each show about three to four hours – I’ll mess up, maybe once a year,” he says. “You’ve got a lot of things running through your mind and sometimes that little red light (of the live cameras) can throw you off.”
Makes sense.

·
Banned
254 Posts
Re: Justin Roberts indirectly takes a shot at Lollian

Lollian.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

I never heard of the name Lollian...

·
Eating Doritos In My Mom's Basement. A Crawl Space
1,398 Posts

The only entrance he enhances is Joooohhhnnnnnnnnn Ceeeeeennnnnaaaaaaaa!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts

Where's the shot?

He is asked a question and responds. Strange to have this happen now, considering.

He's actually putting over how it's not an easy job, so Lillian is being indirectly defended. But also seeing as it's not easy and he doesn't botch often according to him, he puts himself over at the expense of someone like Lillian. Right?

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts

Justin Roberts is a dick, one of the worst announcers they've ever had. The guy is incredibly annoying, I'd take Lillian and all her mistakes over him any day

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
There are no shots or indirect shots at anyone there. He's simply answering questions in an interview.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
Pretty sure OP made up the title to get more views.

No real way other than that this can be considered a shot at Lilian.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I don't like Justin Roberts. He exagerates the names too much. Bring the Fink back. Or get someone better.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
lol he says he's not doing it to put anyone over and yet all he did is talk about what a good ring announcer he is. smh.

·
Registered
634 Posts
How the hell did I not know about MITB being here in AZ? Bet all the good seats are taken already. Meh.
As for the thread, I saw no shot at Lillian?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts