Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ESPN:

Brock Lesnar will make his much anticipated return from defeat to Cain Velasquez by taking on arguably the UFC heavyweight division's most lethal striker Junior Dos Santos.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the duo will act as rival coaches on season 13 of The Ultimate Fighter, which will feature welterweights and middleweights. Lesnar and Dos Santos will then square off in what has been confirmed as a June pay-per-view.
Yes the PPV is in June, but Brock would be filming all prior to that. Now finally we can put these threads to rest, maybe even sticky this one.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
it is good to see him back in the octagon but i don't think he is ready to be a coach yet. He still has a lot to learn.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
The Ultimate Fighter 3
April 6, 2006 – June 24, 2006

The Ultimate Fighter 5
April 5, 2007 – June 23, 2007

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest
April 2, 2008 – June 21, 2008

The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs. United Kingdom
April 1, 2009 – June 20, 2009

All of these started filming after (or at least within days, which one night at Wrestlemania wouldn't affect Brock's ability to film that week) Wrestlemania, and the PPV ended in June. This proves nothing..

And even if this was going to be filmed earlier, it's not like he's going to be required to work a full WWE schedule including house shows etc. in order to wrestle at Mania.

A few appearances here and there on the shows and the feud is made.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
I thought the notion of him returning was far-fetched from the beginning.

It's a shame though, because I was really hoping I was wrong. :sad:

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Ultimate Fighter 3

The Ultimate Fighter 5

All of these started filming after (or at least within days, which one night at Wrestlemania wouldn't affect Brock's ability to film that week) Wrestlemania, and the PPV ended in June. This proves nothing..

And even if this was going to be filmed earlier, it's not like he's going to be required to work a full WWE schedule including house shows etc. in order to wrestle at Mania.

So Wrestlemania is April 3rd, UFC 131 is all-but-confirmed for June 11th. You think Dana White would let Lesnar compete for another promotion 2 months before he's due to fight? Not to mention the chance of Lesnar picking up an injury, he only shoots himself in the foot for possible PPV buys from the WWE/UFC hybrid fans.

Not to mention, you think Lesnar would jeopardize his chances of his number 1 contender spot? Get real..

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
yeah it still proves nothing, but it seems he will likely not show up in Mania

·
Fedor's cornerman.
1,331 Posts
I think Brock's gonna have to start worrying about his striking and less about Wrestlemania now. But props to Brock for getting back, I was worried he that lost his will to fight.

·
Banned
306 Posts
The Ultimate Fighter 3

The Ultimate Fighter 5

No chance they risk injury by putting him any where near a WWE ring, not with a scheduled fight.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
So Dana paid better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts