Wrestling Forum banner

Just realized how pathetic TNA has become

2018 Views 20 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Roler42
Im normally not a basher at all and have enjoyed TNA for the most part, but I was just thinking about the company and it is honestly pathetic that they can only attract viewer by having "surprises". I guess you could start with Hogan coming back, but Im starting with the EV2 come back and then the 1st "they" and then the 2nd "they" and now some other "shocking" surprise that will make "history." all within less then a year. Surprises and returns are cool like what WWE does from RR-WM but building something up every other week saying it will revolutionize the sport has gotten really pathetic. God forbid if TNA ran an actual wrestling show with progressing story-lines and a single roster. on a side note the only good thing TNA has going on is the Angle/Jarret feud and thats just because it happened in real life. As much as I enjoy a lot of talent on the roster and having something different to watch, they have the worst creative scheme ever along with marketing.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,987 Posts
also just askin but does this sound realistic

when they had WCW,WWF AND ECW

now it's WWE(WWF/the classic company) TNA(WCW/ company on rise)and a small company called WFX is on TV with some former ECW stars(ECW/Small company with a chance) does it sound like a new war?

· Old School
5,131 Posts
Im normally not a basher at all and have enjoyed TNA for the most part, but I was just thinking about the company and it is honestly pathetic that they can only attract viewer by having "surprises". I guess you could start with Hogan coming back, but Im starting with the EV2 come back and then the 1st "they" and then the 2nd "they" and now some other "shocking" surprise that will make "history." all within less then a year. Surprises and returns are cool like what WWE does from RR-WM but building something up every other week saying it will revolutionize the sport has gotten really pathetic. God forbid if TNA ran an actual wrestling show with progressing story-lines and a single roster. on a side note the only good thing TNA has going on is the Angle/Jarret feud and thats just because it happened in real life. As much as I enjoy a lot of talent on the roster and having something different to watch, they have the worst creative scheme ever along with marketing.
You have to admit that the first "they" was pure fucking genius.

The second "they", however, made me roll my eyes. Honestly, "they" are coming? So they're coming again or is they not they? They is referring to someone else not the original they? Okay, gotcha. lol

I'm happy with most of the show though. Pope/Joe is okay. Anderson could use some work. Where the hell is Morgan? Immortal/Fortune is awesome.

And last, but certainly not least, Bully Ray/Dvon. Bully Ray/Dvon is is pure gold. Simply put. Bully Ray on the mic = comedy gold.

· Old School
5,131 Posts
also just askin but does this sound realistic

when they had WCW,WWF AND ECW

now it's WWE(WWF/the classic company) TNA(WCW/ company on rise)and a small company called WFX is on TV with some former ECW stars(ECW/Small company with a chance) does it sound like a new war?
I've never even heard of WFX soooo...

But TNA is nowhere near WWF 15 years ago and WWE is no WCW 15 years ago. WWE is all over the place. Movies, music, toys, apparel, pop culture, etc. They're engraved in pop culture for life. TNA has a LONG way to go, but remember there was a time when nobody ever thought WWF would put WCW out of business. TNA needs it's own Attitude Era. For now though, they need to work on taping iMPACT! outside of the iMPACT Zone and building new stars. Improve production value as well. That dinky "Dixie-Tron" won't cut it. I believe they had a WWE-sized tron on during their tour in the UK. Use something like that. Just makes the presentation look better and more professional.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Quit watching if you don't like it and go away.
does it diserve to be on tv? No! so you are telling it to the wrong people, TNA owe it to the industry to break the mold

· Registered
4,029 Posts
does it diserve to be on tv? No! so you are telling it to the wrong people, TNA owe it to the industry to break the mold
So you're gonna decide what deserves to be on TV and what doesn't?
Your opinion
Your taste
Stop watching and grow up please.

· Registered
4,017 Posts
Honestly, asking someone like that to grow up is like asking a baby to stop drooling on themselves. The guy can't even spell "deserve" right.

It's up to the moderator to do their job and ban the trolls.
and yet here you are doing the moderator's job screaming troll to every single person who dares to express their dislike for something they didn't like on the show

and before you go on a personal vendetta to hunt me down for not loving tna with all my soul

i do like some stuff in TNA
-i love face fortune
-i love beer money as champs
-i love the winter angle
-i love every time ric flair comes out
-i love how anderson is developing himself as a main eventer

· Registered
4,017 Posts
He says that TNA "doesn't deserve to be on TV."

That's trolling.
that's his opinion, trolling would be something like "oh tna is for gays and retards", just giving an example

i don't like some stuff about tna but i wouldn't go as far as saying it doesn't deserve to be on tv, all it needs is a nice renewal in their creative staff and poof, you got tna developing at its finest

· Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not saying TNA sucks im more of just talking about wrestling overall. The WWE has been around forever and has made its mark. But its just sad that a company has to resort to "surprises" to get the casual wrestling fan to want to watch the show. I'm pretty much 50/50 @ whether the fans could just care less about guys like Styles and co. or just how bad TNA markets them. But in all honesty once the "surprises" die and the Angle/Jarret feud ending I don't see anywhere for TNA to go but back to the same old ratings.

TNA has pretty much used up any and all the old school guys. and right now with WWE's welness program and legends deal thayd prefer to be there anyways.

There are no huge free agents out there except MVP Benjamin and Jericho(if you even want to say that he's a FA)

so they better start working with what they got for a change.

· Banned
6,072 Posts
Why the fuck does it not deserve to be on TV? 1.5-2.0 million people enjoy it ever week. Again, if you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT . And quit trying to ruin it for people that do enjoy it. :argh:
God forbid someone point out the gaping and extremely visible holes in TNA's programming.

· Registered
10,497 Posts
I wouldn't say that TNA is pathetic, but they could be so much better. They have the talent, there is just certain people there holding them down. Dixie Carter knows nothing about the wrestling business, which means that she thinks Russo knows what he's doing. Hogan and Bischoff would have been a little better 10 years ago, but I'm just not into what they're doing with them.

This is all just my opinion of course.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.