1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Mine would probably be really creative like "I'm Anwar and I'm Awesome" :no:

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
A good catchphrase just catches on. It's more about a spontaneous, implusive, spur-of-the-moment reaction than anything else. I feel like the more natural phrases are better remembered than any of the forced, contrived ones.

To just think up a phrase and proclaim it somebody's "catchphrase" is too forced & contrived really.

A good example of this would be like comparing Booker T's WCW catchphrase - "Don't hate the player, hate the game" - to his WWF catchphrase - "Now can you dig that, SUCKA!!"

Russo wanted Booker to be his Rock, so he forcibly inserted a catchphrase and made sure Booker ended every interview with that goofy statement for a year.

Ironically enough, it was Booker's "dig that, SUCKA" schtick that got him over so well in the WWF. It was simply a matter of somebody with common sense to notice it, acknowledge it, and make sure Booker used it. Fans ate it up, even though Booker had really been saying it here & there for half a decade beforehand.

·
Registered
402 Posts
After I am victorious in my match, I'll grab the mic and go: "Now that...THAT was a win." Would work especially well if i was feuding against Titus O' Neil.

·
Registered
904 Posts
"If You smell what im baking?":side: hehe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.