Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says. I always read this forum and constantly have seen people claim this is not the ''PG era'' anymore. Which is completely laughable and so untrue on so many levels. The show is so pussified down as fuck.

Anyways post here to the people who claim it's no longer the PG era. I want a good laugh. Discuss!

Edit also if you have a brain like me and realize we are still in the shitty PG era. Then please post here why you feel it still is the PG era.

This is a discussion thread basically for people who think we are not in the PG era and people like me and others who know this shit is still watered down as fuck and we are still in the ''PG ERA''

Reactions: Showstopper

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,748 Posts
The show is now about a big, sloppy 500lb pound mess who can't keep control of his emotions. He's softer than a gay man in the Playboy mansion.

·
Da Warthog!
3,275 Posts
Why do the words "condescending prick" float through my head while reading the OP? :hmm:

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
ITs hard to say, the transition is there, but it isn't as visible as the New Generation into the Attitude Era or the Attitude Era into the Ruthless Aggression Era.

WWE certainly is a lot better compared to what it was from 2008 to early 2011. Is it a new Era? Not sure there has been no real change in the WWE that can signify that, maybe people just want to cling to hope that it could be a new era and want to believe it is better now. And to be honest why cant they believe that. If WWE isnt going to give us a clear era change why cant the people make one up. The PG Era was an era we made up WWE didnt give us a heads up and tell us we are entering a New Era.

Its for time to decide I guess. If people want to believe its a new era then they have every right to do so. Just because its still PG doesn't mean its still the PG Era. The reason it was called the PG era in the first place wasn't mostly due to the shows rating but the quality of content that existed within the product, dumbed down product, family friendly content, very John Cena centric shows, and so on.

Slightly off topic...

I think its very rude to say that it laughable if people dont share the same opinion as you and if they do they are the overmind superior and you are god. Just because you dont think it is a new era (and you could be right) doesn't mean you should mean snide to others. Try and keep your open posts constructive and not bait. Thank you sir.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why do the words "condescending prick" float through my head while reading the OP? :hmm:
You're a bo dallas fan. Enough said LOL.

We're not in the PG era. With Bryan and Punk being the top dogs, I think we all know what era we're in right now.

Once the big goofball (John Cena) comes back you will see that Bryan/Punk are not on the level of ''top dog'' of the company. They are just fillers/utilities guys for now imo. Refer to what this guy said in this qoute

The show is now about a big, sloppy 500lb pound mess who can't keep control of his emotions. He's softer than a gay man in the Playboy mansion.

this guy said best rofl! enough said. It's sad knowing the main focus of WWE atm isn't even on DanieL bryan or the title yet the big slow and his bullshit with HHH.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ITs hard to say, the transition is there, but it isn't as visible as the New Generation into the Attitude Era or the Attitude Era into the Ruthless Aggression Era.

WWE certainly is a lot better compared to what it was from 2008 to early 2011. Is it a new Era? Not sure there has been no real change in the WWE that can signify that, maybe people just want to cling to hope that it could be a new era and want to believe it is better now. And to be honest why cant they believe that. If WWE isnt going to give us a clear era change why cant the people make one up. The PG Era was an era we made up WWE didnt give us a heads up and tell us we are entering a New Era.

Its for time to decide I guess. If people want to believe its a new era then they have every right to do so. Just because its still PG doesn't mean its still the PG Era. The reason it was called the PG era in the first place wasn't mostly due to the shows rating but the quality of content that existed within the product, dumbed down product, family friendly content, very John Cena centric shows, and so on.

Slightly off topic...

I think its very rude to say that it laughable if people dont sharesuperior and you are god. Just because you dont think it is a new era (and you could be right) doesn't mean you should mean snide to the same opinion as you and if they do they are the overmind others. Try and keep your open posts constructive and not bait. Thank you sir.

Fair enough I guess, reason I came off sounding so cocky though was because I seen users on here literally listing countless reasons why this is a new era and blalabla no longer the PG era and whatnot. In numerous threads while my time on here on the forum. And I am right look at the damn show over the past year of late 2012 to 2013 now.... And yes because it's PG it is the PG ERA. Turn the show TV-14 or PG DLV. And I will say it is not the ''PG ERA'' anymore. Infact I'll give it a better name the ''pussified era'' that's what im gonna call it for now on because that is what the PG era basically is.

oh and BTW I thought 2012 was on of the worst years in WWE. Refer to that christmas episode which scored the lowest rating in 15 years. 2012 WAS ATROCIOUS.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PG Era is alive and well ... LETS GO SHEENA
indeed man

p.s. folks

And the EDGY PG of the 90's of WCW or WWF does not count as the PG. IB4 Someone says that. WWE is like a G rated show with a PG label on it. So therefore we are still in this ''PG ERA''//PUSSIFIED era

·
Premium Member
17,551 Posts
This is the "reality" Era. Era's aren't based off of what the rating of the show is, otherwise most of WWE/WWF would be known as the "TV 14" era. "PG Era" was named that because it the beginning of the PG switch and that's what was the most noticeable thing about the product.

Now we're border-lining with kayfabe, reality shows, an always watching kind of mentality. This is the reality era. Basically, it's "Can the WWE survive this next obstacle?" and that's the era. Could WWF survive the attitude that certain superstars brought every week? Could WWE survive the rise of ruthless, aggressive stars every week? Could WWE survive the switch from TV14 to PG every week? Now, can the WWE survive if everyone is always watching and partly aware it's pre-determined?

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
This is the "reality" Era. Era's aren't based off of what the rating of the show is, otherwise most of WWE/WWF would be known as the "TV 14" era. "PG Era" was named that because it the beginning of the PG switch and that's what was the most noticeable thing about the product.

Now we're border-lining with kayfabe, reality shows, an always watching kind of mentality. This is the reality era. Basically, it's "Can the WWE survive this next obstacle?" and that's the era. Could WWF survive the attitude that certain superstars brought every week? Could WWE survive the rise of ruthless, aggressive stars every week? Could WWE survive the switch from TV14 to PG every week? Now, can the WWE survive if everyone is always watching and partly aware it's pre-determined?
What?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It's more like the era of the McMahon family stroking their dicks and burying their roster, which leads to a decline in business and interest.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
There is no such thing as the PG and Reality Era. They are all fan made. The actual Era name for 2008-present is the Universe Era. WWE 2K14 doesn't lie. :HHH2

·
Banned
86 Posts
When I think of the whole PG era thing it reminds me of how soft WWE has become and how hardcore no longer seems to exist there. When I watch Raw I want to see people actually wrestling not dancing around like morons. I think if it was balls to the wall Punk would be much more aggressive and I even think the Wyat family would scare the absolute hell out of everyone. You can see how everyone is holding back on everything and it sickens me.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I find the idea that people still think this is the same product that it was in 2009 fucking laughable to be honest.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
A PG thread in 2013.

If a rating is the sole reason why WWE is shit, then damn, TNA must be raking in the millions.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,748 Posts
Who cares what its called? It's the "We're sucking dick and enjoying it very much" era. (The we being WWE).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts