Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody else annoyed that Lawler and Cole are both color commentary? Sometimes there can be a nice 10 minute match going on and it will not even be referenced. I think Lawler would be the better of the two. He's wrestled and been around the business for a long time and I've always thought calling the match seemed more of a face thing to do.

Cole is just confusing to me. He's marking for heels, marking for faces, calling the matches sporadically (occasionally getting moves wrong) and trying to get several catch phrases over. Its just too confusing. I would like for him to just come down as a heel color commentator.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
He's awful. He's neutral for everyone except Miz, Riley, Bryan and recently Orton and now even a little against Cena. Otherwise he pretty much calls it down the middle and it just sounds so bad. You're either a face like JR was or a heel like King used to be, not both and not flip flopping every few minutes. He hardly ever calls a match and instead puts himself over. He's doing the job JR did and completely shitting all over it.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Cole is garbage and needs to just become a manager for The Miz or something at this point. He was barely tollerable when he was a generic color commentator and bearable for a while with the heel-ish remarks... But now this new heel character, which is beyond the point of just catching cheap heat, is just down right annoying now. Now that Cole has developed this heel persona but while still being "the voice of the WWE", subjects us to his continuous spewing of non-sense on not just Raw, but also Smackdown.

I LOVED when The Rock told him to shut up, putting that idiot in his place. Michael Cole sat there and didn't say a word for 25 minutes which was absolute bliss. The stars must have been aligned tonight for Raw, because all was right on WWE programming.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I hate the flip flopping. Make Cole go full blown heel, not half ass. Either way, he should be doing the play by play, even though he sucks at it, and Lawler should be the heel, because he is way better at it than Cole. I miss the excitable King that got amped up for the heels and argued passionately in their defense.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I know I'm in the minority, but I think Michael Cole's character is great. That said, I do agree with the OP though that with 2 color commentators, the focus is not where it should be - which is in the ring. I wish the commentary team would do a better job of their most basic role of calling the match.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
why do ppl care if he calls the match. i actually think everything he does with whoever he works with is funny. We are all watching the match do we need someone saying OH German Suplex. or calling every move

·
Registered
189 Posts
why do ppl care if he calls the match. i actually think everything he does with whoever he works with is funny. We are all watching the match do we need someone saying OH German Suplex. or calling every move
True, we don't need to hear them say every move.

But I don't need to hear Cole verbally make love to his favourite heels.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Is anybody else annoyed that Lawler and Cole are both color commentary? Sometimes there can be a nice 10 minute match going on and it will not even be referenced. I think Lawler would be the better of the two. He's wrestled and been around the business for a long time and I've always thought calling the match seemed more of a face thing to do.

Cole is just confusing to me. He's marking for heels, marking for faces, calling the matches sporadically (occasionally getting moves wrong) and trying to get several catch phrases over. Its just too confusing. I would like for him to just come down as a heel color commentator.
Same. I have no idea what the hell is Cole doing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts