Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm 20 years old, 5' 11", 155 lbs. I did cross country and track in high school, and I continued running after entering college. I now run around 15 miles per week. I also play Ultimate once or twice a week.

Over the past few years, as I have begun to consider myself more and more a runner, I have severely neglected my upper body (chest and arms). Back in high school it was okay, but there's hardly anything there anymore. I'd really like to put some muscle on my arms, chest, and back. Also, while I have reasonably hard abs and little body fat (although it's not the lowest it's been in recent history), they can't really be seen. I'd like to get better definition there as well.

What I'm looking for: A workout program that will get me results while maintaining or, better yet, improving the cardiovascular strength I have built up through running. Also, the last time I worked my upper body, using the same machines and weights I had used in high school with no problems, I had trouble lifting my backpack for days afterwards. I don't want my arms dead like that (except maybe for the first few workouts as I adjust). Finally, I'd like to have space in the regimen for the occasional run.

Like I said, I'm a college student. This means a few things for your answers. I'm willing to pay, but not too much. I can dedicate maybe an hour or so every day, but I'd like the regimen to be flexible because my schedule can get crazy at times. We have a great workout room here at school, with machines and dumbbells and exercise balls and whatnot, so that's not a limiting factor. We have a pool, and I'm open to swimming programs, but it's really not my preference because I get bored out of my skull during swim workouts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.